PDA

View Full Version : Team sees QB depth as a strength

LLT
08-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Team sees QB depth as a strength
By Bob Labriola – Steelers Digest

LATROBE, Pa. – It naturally has been at the forefront because of the looming Ben Roethlisberger suspension, but there is some difference of opinion among the national media as to the quality of the quarterbacks on the team’s depth chart.

For the record, the guys behind Roethlisberger are Byron Leftwich, Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch. And with the return of Antwaan Randle El, the Steelers also now have a legitimate option in an emergency situation.

Of course, the Steelers like their quarterbacks.

“The thing I like about our quarterback situation is that we have four guys – including Ben Roethlisberger – who have starting experience,” said Director of Football Operations Kevin Colbert. “Dennis Dixon has only started one game, but he still has started a game in the National Football League. I’m not sure any other team can make that claim. That’s the most comforting thing about our quarterback situation. Obviously, we’re not going to have our starter for a period of time still to be determined, but we know we have three other guys who have started and been successful in this league.”

read more: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Team-sees-QB-depth-as-a-strength/41c279b9-b1fc-4c81-a622-58cb9fb3196c

Killer
08-04-2010, 04:56 AM

Oh come on now.

They bench Dixon for a guy that got benched in TB?

TAMPA, Fla. -- The winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers benched starting quarterback Byron Leftwich and replaced him with second-year pro Josh Johnson, who takes over following one of the worst offensive performances in team history.

Coach Raheem Morris made the change Monday, a day after the Bucs fell to 0-3 while gaining just 86 yards in a 24-0 loss to the New York Giants. Leftwich completed 7 of 16 passes for 22 yards and one interception.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4511636

We still have time to dump all our back-ups and get Vick.

TroysBarber
08-04-2010, 12:34 PM

The only time that Vick would be useful is the game at cleveland. We'd put him in the stands to see see what he'd do in the dawg pond.

Psycho Ward 86
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Oh come on now.

They bench Dixon for a guy that got benched in TB?

TAMPA, Fla. -- The winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers benched starting quarterback Byron Leftwich and replaced him with second-year pro Josh Johnson, who takes over following one of the worst offensive performances in team history.

Coach Raheem Morris made the change Monday, a day after the Bucs fell to 0-3 while gaining just 86 yards in a 24-0 loss to the New York Giants. Leftwich completed 7 of 16 passes for 22 yards and one interception.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4511636

I know you joke around a lot and i love it haha, but seriously, the Bucs have no idea what they're doing. Just sayin'

Killer
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Put Dixon and El out there and run the wildcat.

I demand entertainment.

SteelerSal
08-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Gotta agree with PW86...
the Bucs have no idea what they're doing. Just sayin'

Lefty played well with us before and I don't see any reason why he can't now.

I do want to see Dixon on the field mixing things up though.