PDA

View Full Version : Three draft picks sign contracts with Steelers

LLT
06-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Three draft picks sign contracts with Steelers

June 4, 2013 12:33 am
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mike Tomlin gave his team the day off from practice Monday, but Steelers negotiator Omar Khan pulled up his sleeves and went to work, signing three draft picks, including the team's top two.

Linebacker Jarvis Jones and halfback Le'Veon Bell signed four-year contracts, the team announced. Jones, who will receive $8.5 million including a $4.7 million signing bonus, has a fifth-year club option on the contract.

Also, seventh-round pick Nicholas Williams, a defensive end from Samford, came to terms on a four-year deal.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/three-draft-picks-sign-contracts-with-steelers-690296/#ixzz2VDxldWd4

Steeltreal
06-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Barring injury, Jones is going to rot on the bench his Rookie year. His 4.9 forty prolly keeps him there on kickoffs and special teams too.

86WARD
06-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Lol...seriously?

Dwinsgames
06-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Barring injury, Jones is going to rot on the bench his Rookie year. His 4.9 forty prolly keeps him there on kickoffs and special teams too.

I would not be so sure of that .............

I am about sick to death of hearing about clocked 40 times in shorts .....

plug in the tape he does not play slow he plays fast ....

what was Suggs 40 time ??? ask Ben just how fast Suggs manages to get to him ..... what a player runs in shorts many times has NOTHING to do with how they play the game the NFL is not a track and field event

Pristas
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
40 times for a rushing linebacker are like lap times compared to 1/8 mile drag races for sports cars. If I wanted to know a relevant time for that position, I would have a 10 yard dash for these guys at the combine. 40 times are ridiculous. It's all about how fast he gets out of his stance, reacts to the Tackle, and bursts toward the QB. It's all about how much torque his motor makes and how much speed he can get in 1st gear. There is no shifting, there is no 2nd gear.

Moose
06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
40 times for a rushing linebacker are like lap times compared to 1/8 mile drag races for sports cars. If I wanted to know a relevant time for that position, I would have a 10 yard dash for these guys at the combine. 40 times are ridiculous. It's all about how fast he gets out of his stance, reacts to the Tackle, and bursts toward the QB. It's all about how much torque his motor makes and how much speed he can get in 1st gear. There is no shifting, there is no 2nd gear.

Exactly ! I'm never impressed with all of this 40's time either. How often are you running a straight line in shorts ? RB's and WR's maybe.

bayz101
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
40 times? Really? What are we, amateurs? My 9 year-old cousin could tell you the 40 doesn't mean SHIT.