PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh sports fan quandary.

zulater
06-03-2013, 05:33 PM
If God sent an angel from heaven that offered you a deal today; you could have the Pens advance to this year's Stanley Cup finals ( no guarantee how they'd do once in it) and the Pirates finish above .500 and make the playoffs, ( again no guarantee of results once there) but the Steelers would have to finish at or under .500 next season. Or you just leave the Steelers season to fate and both the Pens and Bucs would be on their own, what would you do?

I know it's a b.s question, but I'm just burning up some nerves waiting for opening face off tonight. :lol:

steeldawg
06-03-2013, 05:51 PM
I have to go with option B because knowing the steelers would be done before the season starts would ruin football season and that is more than I can bare.

zulater
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I have to go with option B because knowing the steelers would be done before the season starts would ruin football season and that is more than I can bare.

Makes perfect sense. Which is probably the first and last time I'll ever say that about a post of yours. :lol: :wink02:

Chidi29
06-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Leave it to fate. I don't know if this board can take another season of sub-par football. :chuckle:

Mistah Q
06-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I think 20 years ago someone made the deal, for the next 20 years the Steelers will go to 4 superbowls, win a bunch of divisional playoff games, and have about the best record in football... but the Pirates are going to SUCK.

zulater
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
I think 20 years ago someone made the deal, for the next 20 years the Steelers will go to 4 superbowls, win a bunch of divisional playoff games, and have about the best record in football... but the Pirates are going to SUCK.

Great point! :chuckle:

steeldevil
06-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Option B because I am basically a playoff Pens fan(don't care about hockey really but root for the Pens and Canes in the playoffs) and don't really care too much about the Pirates (Cardinals fan, with the Pirates being a very distant 2nd team)

So basically if you offered me that the Steelers would win the SB this year, but the Pens and Pirates would have to go sub .500 for the rest of time....

Sounds good to me!

Steeldude
06-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Only one is a sport(football).

Mistah Q
06-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Only one is a sport(football).
I don't think so... pound for pound your average NHLer would whip your average NFLer's arse. One heck of a tough endurance sport... and full of little gems of brutality.

X-Terminator
06-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't think so... pound for pound your average NHLer would whip your average NFLer's arse. One heck of a tough endurance sport... and full of little gems of brutality.

Yeah, there isn't an NFL player alive right now who could endure the physical pounding your average NHL player takes, not to mention risking getting hit with a piece of frozen rubber going 100 MPH or being cut with a sharp skate. The Stanley Cup champion plays over 100 games in a normal season...think about how many hits they take in those 100 games. For anyone to not call hockey a sport is simply ignorant.

Count Steeler
06-03-2013, 09:50 PM

Let's just renew this one.

steelerdude15
06-03-2013, 10:59 PM
I would change it up a bit... I'd leave the Pens out of this. Then, I would allow a losing season from the Steelers for a winning season from the Pirates. I've never seen the Pirates have a winning season and I would like to, even if it means giving up a winning season from the Steelers.