PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Polamalu ready, willing, able

LLT
08-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Steelers' Polamalu ready, willing, able
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201008/20100804polamalu_500.jpg
Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu missed 11 games last season.While some of his teammates ran through special-teams drills in the morning, Troy Polamalu bounced around on an adjacent field, cutting, weaving and dribbling with another ball.

Make no mistake, there was no World Cup quality in the way he was playing soccer. But there was some assurance, even mild relief, he could. And would.

The sight of Troy Polamalu on a playing field, especially a football field, is a welcome sight to the Steelers, who spent too much time last season without their five-time Pro Bowl safety.

He missed 11 games, including the final seven, with a knee injury that was more troublesome than he and coach Mike Tomlin would let on. The Steelers never placed him on injured reserve, hoping he might be able to play in the postseason or Super Bowl, if they were able to get that far.

Turns out, that notion was as wishful as their playoff hopes. It was not until late March, early April, when Polamalu said his knee felt well enough to start playing basketball.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10216/1077456-66.stm#ixzz0vcziuDuN

BuddhaBus
08-04-2010, 04:34 AM
Keep it up, Troy! We need you on that field as much as possible!

zulater
08-04-2010, 04:45 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, if we get a healthy season from Troy we're easily a top 5 defense in the league. Quite possibly the best. And if he's back to his best there's little chance the Steelers will win less than 11 games regardless of who's behind center.

polamalubeast
08-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Obviously, everyone in the AFC North is gearing up how to beat our defense. They want the Hines Ward receiver, and two teams go get two top receivers," he said, a reference to the Baltimore Ravens obtaining Anquan Boldin from the Arizona Cardinals and the Cincinnati Bengals signing Terrell Owens.

"They get slot receivers in order to run three-receiver sets through our defense. They do things specifically geared to try to beat us, and we're not even nearly the front-runners [in the division]. We cherish that underdog role.

"Fortunately, since I've been here, whenever we've been expected to do something we haven't done anything good [before], we've kind of prevailed. It will be interesting if we're able to do that this year."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10216/1077456-66.stm#ixzz0vdCpa79h

The WH
08-04-2010, 06:04 AM
hurt by week 3. you heard it here first

Texasteel
08-04-2010, 06:18 AM
hurt by week 3. you heard it here first

And most likely will never hear it again.

The WH
08-04-2010, 06:31 AM
And most likely will never hear it again.
i hope so too

SirHulka
08-04-2010, 06:49 AM
He's only played 16 games once in the last four years. Given his size, and style of play, it seems unlikely that he will make all 16 this year.

vasteeler
08-04-2010, 10:07 AM
He's only played 16 games once in the last four years. Given his size, and style of play, it seems unlikely that he will make all 16 this year.

i said it before and ill say it again. i hope to god they have a different plan this year incase he does get injured again

BlastFurnace
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
I want to hear "Healthy" too