PDA

View Full Version : Brown embraces expanded role in Steelers’ offense

stillers4me
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
When Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) wide receiver Markus Wheaton arrives at training camp next month, he won't need to ask anyone where to go, what to do or how to comport himself as an NFL rookie.

Antonio Brown plans to tell him even before the third-round draft pick asks.

“We'll do a good job of getting him in and getting him settled. I think I'll be a great guy to facilitate that, as soon as he gets here — make sure he learns, understands the opportunity that's here in front of him, understands the vision of the group,” Brown said. “And that he knows what we're trying to do here, what we set out to do in 2013.” .........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4118102-74/brown-wallace-season#ixzz2V4PacHM5

Dwinsgames
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
AB sounds like a leader in the making

Mojouw
06-02-2013, 11:24 PM
But he can't be a leader. He was one of the young money guys. He drops the ball after big first down catches and celebrates on the field. That isn't the Steelers!

In all seriousness, AB better step up and be healthy and productive all year or this offense will be in trouble.

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2013, 03:35 PM
AB sounds like a leader in the making

Absolutely. And although I was just as critical as anyone regarding his drops and fumbles last year, I do believe his work ethic and attitude will go along way toward making him, and the rest of this offense better over time. Losing Hines Ward left a giant hole in the leadership department. I really hope Brown can be the guy to pick up that slack for years to come. I'm happy to hear that he's already doing his best to assume that role.

Dwinsgames
06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
good to see you chime in again Hollywood ... hope all is well

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2013, 04:13 PM
good to see you chime in again Hollywood ... hope all is well

Thanks, D. I'm good... just busy. I don't check in on the boards as religiously in the offseason. It was really the news about Mike Adams that got me here today.