PDA

View Full Version : Now that Adams is out for at least (6) weeks...... Now What ?

katmandu
06-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Man, like is strange isn't it ! Thank the Lord above the Mike will survive this horrible incident!

Now the Mike will be out at least (6) weeks, how do the Steeler's go about addressing his absence on the OL ?

Sign another Free Agent or what ???

Count Steeler
06-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Well we do have Whimper, for just such emergencies!

Dwinsgames
06-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Beecham will man RT or Foster will kick outside ... whimper is like the fart you had a month ago unless it was all world its been forgotten

Mojouw
06-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I think he will be back by preseason for sure. So all they need is a fill-in during practices in shorts and pads. Shouldn't be too difficult to stand Whimper out there. Beachum maybe...although they seem intent on moving him inside as the top G/C back-up. Golic's kid perhaps?

Psycho Ward 86
06-01-2013, 06:05 PM
guess beachum gets a head start to beat out mike's spot to lose.

Chidi29
06-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I think he will be back by preseason for sure. So all they need is a fill-in during practices in shorts and pads. Shouldn't be too difficult to stand Whimper out there. Beachum maybe...although they seem intent on moving him inside as the top G/C back-up. Golic's kid perhaps?

Golic is an interior guy so doubt that happens. I know we have Joe Long out of Wayne State on the roster, too.

steelreserve
06-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Seriously, our guys are getting stabbed now? Are you shitting me?

Anyway. This is the first day of June. I don't think it'll interfere with the season at all.

Dwinsgames
06-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Golic is an interior guy so doubt that happens. I know we have Joe Long out of Wayne State on the roster, too.

Long should beat out Whimpy , then again my dead grandmother could probably manage that

Chidi29
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Long should beat out Whimpy , then again my dead grandmother could probably manage that

Wonder how versatile Whimper is. Doug Legursky and Trai Essex were below average talents who latched on because of they were swingmen.

GBMelBlount
06-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Seriously, our guys are getting stabbed now? Are you shitting me?

Anyway. This is the first day of June. I don't think it'll interfere with the season at all.

Exactly...I don't see any tough games the next six weeks....

Hope and pray 6 weeks is all he needs.

86WARD
06-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Golic's FAIL at tackle was the precursor to the Whimper signing...

Dwinsgames
06-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Wonder how versatile Whimper is. Doug Legursky and Trai Essex were below average talents who latched on because of they were swingmen.

Well he is versatile , just not very good ....

He started his Collegiate carrier as a DE , moved to linebacker then TE all before playing a down on the O-Line ...

Chidi29
06-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Well he is versatile , just not very good ....

He started his Collegiate carrier as a DE , moved to linebacker then TE all before playing a down on the O-Line ...

I'm talking about versatility on the line. If Whimper is forced to play linebacker, well, we have big problems.

Tried to look up other positions he played along the line a few weeks ago and didn't come up with much. Maybe I'll look again.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I've found is he has starting experience at both tackle spots. Nothing inside. Which still, is something we value highly in all of our OL.

Dwinsgames
06-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm talking about versatility on the line. If Whimper is forced to play linebacker, well, we have big problems.

Tried to look up other positions he played along the line a few weeks ago and didn't come up with much. Maybe I'll look again.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I've found is he has starting experience at both tackle spots. Nothing inside. Which still, is something we value highly in all of our OL.

he has never played inside from what I have found ...

he has quick feet and moves well , perhaps he wont be as bad as advertised in a pinch in a zone scheme ... he does play with his pad level a bit to high though which will cause ( and has caused his problems esp against a bull rush ) problems in pass pro. ... decent strength but has a tendency to grab onto defenders instead of shocking them with punch / push ..... has good body control and balance also another good quality to have in a zone scheme ...

Yep I dogged the kid for what he is in the scheme he played in , but looking over some material I may have to eat my earlier words if this scheme suits him ( and it just might based on his athletic ability ) ....

I will hold out some hope but I wont hold my breath

steelreserve
06-02-2013, 03:24 AM

TEACH HIM TO BE A LONG SNAPPER

stillers4me
06-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Hopefully, he'll be ready for training camp. Since the stab wound didn't hit any vital organs, the surgery was probably exploratory and internal stitching.

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Our lack of depth at O-line scares the hell out of me - especially given our injury history. Not re-signing Starks could really prove costly. I just found myself wondering, "what happened to Jonathan Scott?" and then I quickly punched myself in the face for pondering such a thing.

(In my defense, J. Scott was a serviceable back up at the RT position, even though his play at LT bordered on criminal. If he'd been charged for attempted murder of Ben, I think the DA could have found 12 jurors in the Pittsburgh area who would have been prepared to convict, given the compelling video evidence.)

Psycho Ward 86
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
now that we've cleared up some extra money from Colon's June 1st designated release id like to see Legursky come back.

Chidi29
06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Our lack of depth at O-line scares the hell out of me - especially given our injury history. Not re-signing Starks could really prove costly. I just found myself wondering, "what happened to Jonathan Scott?" and then I quickly punched myself in the face for pondering such a thing.

(In my defense, J. Scott was a serviceable back up at the RT position, even though his play at LT bordered on criminal. If he'd been charged for attempted murder of Ben, I think the DA could have found 12 jurors in the Pittsburgh area who would have been prepared to convict, given the compelling video evidence.)

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/jonathan-scott-butt-block.gif

The prosecutor rests his case.

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/jonathan-scott-butt-block.gif

The prosecutor rests his case.

The sad part is that it was one of his more effective techniques. Some guys are just better with their butts than with their hands I guess. I'm sure there's money to be made from that talent but I'm not going to google it and find out.

KeiselPower99
06-04-2013, 04:34 PM
The lack of depth across the line scares the hell out of me. I know Mike will be back but still freak accidents do happen and Foster is the only guy listed as a start right now not to really miss time last year.

LLT
06-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Man, like is strange isn't it ! Thank the Lord above the Mike will survive this horrible incident!

Now the Mike will be out at least (6) weeks, how do the Steeler's go about addressing his absence on the OL ?

Sign another Free Agent or what ???

OG Brandon Moore?

OG Tyrone Green?

OT Eric Winston?

GodfatherofSoul
06-05-2013, 10:38 AM
That injury was a HELLUVA lot more serious than I initially thought. Can't remember which article that was posted had the comment that the knife grazed his colon :horror:

86WARD
06-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Legursky isn't an option. He signed with the Bills.

Chidi29
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
That injury was a HELLUVA lot more serious than I initially thought. Can't remember which article that was posted had the comment that the knife grazed his colon :horror:

I thought Willie was in New York...

tube517
06-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I thought Willie was in New York...

:lol: