PDA

View Full Version : Despite never playing NT, Al Woods overtakes Ta’amu on depth chart

stillers4me
06-01-2013, 08:29 AM
The Steelers used a fourth-round pick on Alameda Ta’amu a year ago, but it appears that the team is interested in another fourth-round pick to spell first-year starter Steve McLendon at nose tackle this year – Al Woods.The Steelers moved Woods – a 2010 fourth-round pick of New Orleans out of LSU – from defensive end to nose tackle for the start of organized team activities last week, and has aligned 6-foot-4, 307-pounder with the second-team so far...........

read more @
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/05/29/despite-never-playing-nt-al-woods-overtakes-taamu-on-depth-chart/

steelreserve
06-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Not good news for the fat man. I hate to admit, despite having high hopes when he was drafted ... well, someone on here said he didn't think we got a future starting NT, but simply a fat person. I think that may be right, except that he's a fat drunk person.

Steeltreal
06-01-2013, 10:08 PM
DLine depth chart is far from final. Keep those 'nose' Tackles penciled in.

GBMelBlount
06-01-2013, 10:30 PM
I pimped Ta'amu last year.

My bad.

I am glad they are kicking him down the depth chart.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/taamu-225x300.jpg

86WARD
06-01-2013, 10:36 PM
It's OTAs...can't read that much into anything yet. Teams historically stick players at other positions to see what they got...

Dwinsgames
06-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I pimped Ta'amu last year.

My bad.

I am glad they are kicking him down the depth chart.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/taamu-225x300.jpg

he needs kicked to the curb ... we just do not need his kind around here , he is not the kind of building block winning teams are made from ....

good people make mistakes , idiots repeat them .....

Ta'amu is a repeat offender who hangs with a bad crowd , he is destined to continue to repeat making bad decisions when he hangs with the element he hangs with .... cut your losses before he corrupts others or harms others by his poor decision making

fansince'76
06-01-2013, 10:51 PM
It's OTAs...can't read that much into anything yet. Teams historically stick players at other positions to see what they got...

This.

Psycho Ward 86
06-02-2013, 01:25 AM
its still early, but i hope this speaks more about how well Al Woods is doing rather than how poorly Taamu is doing. Not going to think much about it, Taamu is only going into his sophomore year after all

steelreserve
06-02-2013, 03:46 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Except for a guy you're hoping turns into a star player, you want entirely different news than this. Not bad news, not neutral news, but stories more like:

"PITTSBURGH — Former fourth-round pick Alameda Ta’amu is WHUPPING MAJOR ASS right now. He showed up at OTAs and was suddenly 6'10" and built like McGwire, and he stood in the parking lot chucking pickup trucks around for 45 minutes in front of reporters. While practicing with the first team, he beat the shit out of everyone and 5 guys went to the hospital. Coach Tomlin, speaking to the media in his weekly press conference, said, 'Holy crap! We better get this guy some reps.' After practice, the 23-year-old nose tackle aced a Japanese test and revealed he'd been studying physics instead of drinking his ass off. Asked what he'd done in the offseason to improve his conditioning, Ta'amu replied, 'Fucking your mother. You got a problem with that?' Subsequent research by the Associated Press revealed this claim to be mostly accurate."

Anyway. I haven't heard anything from this guy other than he's not starting, he's not in the running to get playing time, he's not impressing anyone, and once in a while he gets hammered and fights the cops. Am I missing somthing here?

Count Steeler
06-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Hoping this is a slight change in philosophy for Tomlin. Doesn't matter if drafted or UDFA or vet, whoever shows game, plays. Hoping Robinson gets an honest shot to show what he has as well.