PDA

View Full Version : DE Ziggy Hood Trimming Technique Fat For 2013 Season

stillers4me
06-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Last year at about this time, we were tracking the conditioning of Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood as he was transforming his body in an attempt to get stronger while trimming his body fat in the process. This offseason, however, Hood's main focus is transforming his technique, specifically his hand placement and his footwork.

"If your hand placement and your footwork isn't good, you aren't going to be in the correct position to make a play," Hood said, per a Friday evening report by Mark Kaboly of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "Small things like that will always get you in the right place. It may not get you there all the time, but you will be there more often than not." ............

Read mopre @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/steelers-ziggy-hood-technique-2013/

GBMelBlount
06-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Last year at about this time, we were tracking the conditioning of Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood as he was transforming his body in an attempt to get stronger while trimming his body fat in the process. This offseason, however, Hood's main focus is transforming his technique, specifically his hand placement and his footwork.

"If your hand placement and your footwork isn't good, you aren't going to be in the correct position to make a play," Hood said, per a Friday evening report by Mark Kaboly of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "Small things like that will always get you in the right place. It may not get you there all the time, but you will be there more often than not." ............

Read mopre @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/steelers-ziggy-hood-technique-2013/

If this Ziggy's has found the missing link to becoming a dominant defensive end then I am ecstatic....even if it took him a few years to figure that out.

Mojouw
06-02-2013, 11:29 PM
There is a positive way to look at this. Hood has been an average DE without good technique? Maybe with good technique he can harness his physical skills into a dominant DE?

NCSteeler
06-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I think young guys come in figuring they can use pure strength and athleticism to beat guys, like they did in college and find out they are wrong. I hope he spent some time watching tape of Mr. Smith.

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
I think young guys come in figuring they can use pure strength and athleticism to beat guys, like they did in college and find out they are wrong. I hope he spent some time watching tape of Mr. Smith.

I don't think watching tape of Mr. Smith alone will do it. I have to imagine that every D-line coach in the league who runs a 3-4 has watched endless tape of Mr. Smith with the hope of teaching his guys how to do it. But what you can't get from watching tape alone is how his football IQ combined with his personality and sheer will made him one of the best to ever play the 3-4 DE position. Does anyone know if he ever comes around to help the young guys out? Man, it would be nice to have him as a coach, even putting aside what he can teach regarding the Xs and Os - as a young D-lineman you just couldn't help but be inspired by his personality alone. I imagine he has his hands full with the every day challenges of his family life, but this defense could really benefit from having him around.

Shoes
06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
It's year #4 Ziggy... :yawn:

86WARD
06-03-2013, 07:40 PM
The annual "Ziggy" thread...lol. I call Bull Shit.

X-Terminator
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
The annual "Ziggy" thread...lol. I call Bull Shit.

I don't call bullshit. I say prove it. Talk is cheap.

steelerdude15
06-03-2013, 10:46 PM
We'll see come week one.

86WARD
06-04-2013, 06:09 AM
I don't call bullshit. I say prove it. Talk is cheap.

Which we say every year and every year he fails as a first round pick.

Spike
06-04-2013, 06:24 AM
another 1st rd disappointment - can't quite call him a bust, he did make the roster

tube517
08-25-2013, 10:01 AM
I didn't watch the KC preseason game yesterday. Did Ziggy look as good as Douchette said???

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/122426-ed-big-plays-return-in-steelers-defense

katmandu
08-25-2013, 11:14 AM
another 1st rd disappointment - can't quite call him a bust, he did make the rosterHe did look much improved last night, but still not worthy of a fat contract next year.

SteelerFanInStl
08-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Ziggy had a good game against KC. We'll see if he can carry it into the regular season.

Heyward, otoh, was invisible against 2nd and 3rd team competition.

Iron Steeler
08-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Ziggy had a good game against KC. We'll see if he can carry it into the regular season.

Heyward, otoh, was invisible against 2nd and 3rd team competition.

Ya heyward has been invisible for awhile now

Spike
08-26-2013, 12:36 PM
He did look much improved last night, but still not worthy of a fat contract next year.

I'd offer him 5 years $12M - today - take it or leave it