PDA

View Full Version : Steelers All Smiles Thursday After Seeing TE Heath Miller Doing 100-Yard Sprints

stillers4me
05-30-2013, 05:10 PM
During the final day of the Pittsburgh Steelers second OTA session of the 2013 season, the team was treated to a sight that put smiles on all of their faces, as rehabbing tight end Heath Miller was spotted doing 100-yard sprints on the field next them.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger explained what they observed after Thursday's practice when he was a guest on 93.7 The Fan.

"We saw Heath Miller running today on the field next to our practice and everybody kind of just had this big smile on their face," said Roethlisberger. Coach Kirby (Wilson) said, 'Ben, look over there', and we saw Heath like running a 100-yard sprint and looking good running. And It makes you feel all warm and bubbly inside; it just was great." ..........

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/steelers-heath-miller-ota-ben-roethlisberger-100-yard-sprints/

Craic
05-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Certainly is good news. Running straight-line 100-yard sprints is not the same as cutting and pressuring the knee, but at this point it is a great sign.

GBMelBlount
05-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Certainly is good news. Running straight-line 100-yard sprints is not the same as cutting and pressuring the knee, but at this point it is a great sign.

Nothing like it at all.

This is very encouraging though and while I don't want to contradict a medical expert (Ben) my guess is we will have a better idea how realistic it is that he will be starting the season for us come training camp.

bleedsteel
05-30-2013, 09:25 PM
VERY glad to hear he is running full speed ahead at this point!
I know it`s a long way from running a route, or knocking an opponent on their ass, but I am still glad to hear it.
Heath had FINALLY become a big part of our offense, and the sooner he`s back, the better!

Psycho Ward 86
05-30-2013, 09:25 PM
what preacher said. sounds like good progress to me considering it isnt even the 1st day of june yet. i remember seeing that footage of adrian peterson running around in shorts about a month before the regular season started and he looked hobbly as fuck. And the rest is history. hope heath can do the same

Moose
05-31-2013, 07:14 AM

I agree 100%. But I still hate to see him (and team) rush to come back. He doesn't need to do any preseason games in my opinion. Time heals and Ben will need his sure hands when it counts.

Mach1
05-31-2013, 09:41 AM
I agree 100%. But I still hate to see him (and team) rush to come back. He doesn't need to do any preseason games in my opinion. Time heals and Ben will need his sure hands when it counts.

If he can play I don't think we'll see him on the field until after the bye week. IF they don't rush him back.

Spike
05-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Best news of the year so far!

I approve

86WARD
05-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Good news.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V4lPmSUsUNQ/UUYUsl8SaEI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/hNoJ5SxAE2w/s1600/Baby+steps.jpg