PDA

View Full Version : Being Good Isn’t Good Enough For Steelers NT Steve McLendon

stillers4me
05-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Nose tackle Steve McLendon was originally signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers as undrafted free agent in 2009 and since that time, he has logged a total of 381 snaps on defense. In those 381 snaps; however, the Troy product showed enough to earn a three-year, $7.25 million contract extension this past offseason.

McLendon talked to the media following the Steelers Tuesday OTA practice and let everyone know about his new way of thinking as he heads into his first season as the starting nose tackle.

"I changed my whole my way of thinking this year," McLendon said, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I'm no longer saying 'good,' I'm saying 'great' because if you speak greatness, greatness will come." .............

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/being-good-isnt-good-enough-for-steelers-nt-steve-mclendon/

Pristas
05-29-2013, 08:09 AM
I for one am ready for a couple guys to really step up their game this year and become a pro-bowl-caliber presence on the field... their names are as follows:

Cortez Allen
Cam Heyward
Steve McClendon
David DeCastro
LaMarr Woodley

zulater
05-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I for one am ready for a couple guys to really step up their game this year and become a pro-bowl-caliber presence on the field... their names are as follows:

Cortez Allen
Cam Heyward
Steve McClendon
David DeCastro
LaMarr Woodley

I like how you think Pristas!

Psycho Ward 86
05-29-2013, 11:11 PM
so thrilled were both able to keep him away from the packers AND give him an extension. The fact that such a league unknown got interest from the packers makes me even more confident in his ability than before