PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace Has More Harsh Words For The Steelers

stillers4me
05-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I’m sure that I’m not alone, but I believe that Mike Wallace needs to kindly shut his ignorant cake-hole. As many of you have noticed over the last couple of months, “Butterfingers” has had plenty to say about his former franchise. After these two negative gems (here (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/16/mike-wallace-ryan-tannehill-will-be-one-of-the-great-qbs/) and here (http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/29/3312010/mike-wallaces-journey-to-miami.html)) this spring, Mike uttered the following over the weekend:

"Everybody has a college mentality around here. It’s a lot different than where I came from. Everybody’s hungry. Everybody wants to get better, get to where we need to be – that’s a winning record. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/26/mike-wallace-loves-the-dolphins-college-mentality/)"

These statements kind of make me wonder what Wallace was doing last season in Pittsburgh. You know, because he was “soooo hungry to succeed and get better.” You remember Mike Wallace, right “Steeler Nation?” He was the same jagoff who sat out the entirety of the preseason and offseason activities because he refused to sign his RFA tender, had issues holding onto passes and publicly complained about his role in the team’s new offense (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136168/article/mike-wallaces-future-with-steelers-looks-bleak). And that was just last season!

Furthermore, what’s with Wallace’s fabricated notion that nobody is “hungry” or wants to “get better” in Pittsburgh?

I hate to do this Mikey, but the Steelers have produced the following over the last ten seasons...................

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2013/05/27/mike-wallace-should-kindly-shut-his-cake-hole/

touchdownward
05-27-2013, 09:45 AM
I never heard of a college holdout before and who the hell wants a college atmosphere on a professional team!!!???

fansince'76
05-27-2013, 10:08 AM
I think the real problem is that many Steelers fans need to stop acting like a 15-year-old girl who just got dumped by her first boyfriend in regard to Wallace.

Moose
05-27-2013, 10:09 AM
I was never a 'butterfingers' Wallace fan to begin with. I always had to hold my breath when the ball was going his way wondering whether or not he'd catch the ball. So, him running his trap means nothing to me. First, he's showing his ignorance, secondly, he's showing his class....which is none. I don't see him being anything to worry about, he'll drop to the way side. He has to run his mouth because he can't do anything else.

GBMelBlount
05-27-2013, 10:10 AM
I completely agree with Wallace that the hunger and collective will to win was missing last year...

However Wallace was also a poorly peforming cancerous asshole with a piss poor attitude last year and WALLACE HIMSELF WAS THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR to the general malaise and team shittyness of all.

Glad that f*cking POS is gone.

Just my humble opinion of course.

silver & black
05-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Other than the Steelers are soooooo much better than the Raiders, this all sounds very familiar to me.:lol:

Dwinsgames
05-27-2013, 10:16 AM
stupid is as stupid does .... Mike has failed the most basic of lessons in terms to professional sports and that is to do your talking on the field .....

2012 he had laryngitis on the field most of the season , now he wants to talk off the field , Talk is cheap Mike ....

You mad bro ?????

You got 60 mill and your still mad bro ???????

Grow the hell up and EARN your paychecks , because Money is the only thing your going to get in Miami , any hardware and you will have to buy it yourself from the Bradford exchange or some other like place http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/115700001_nfl-new-york-giants-super-bowl.html?cm_ven=GPS&cm_cat=Google%7CProductAds&cm_pla=&cm_ite=115700001&utm_source=GPS&utm_medium=Google%7CProductAds&utm_campaign=&utm_term=115700001

smokin3000gt
05-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Mike 'half ass' wallace can say what he wants, Steelers will have a winning team long after his little twinkle of a career is over. I hope he enjoyed playing in a SB because he won't sniff another.

tube517
05-27-2013, 11:11 AM
:yawn:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

katmandu
05-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Mike 'half ass' wallace can say what he wants, Steelers will have a winning team long after his little twinkle of a career is over. I hope he enjoyed playing in a SB because he won't sniff another.x2

Just further evidence that the "One Trick Pony" is and always has been a Classless PUNK. :upyours:

Time to grow up little kid.

steelreserve
05-27-2013, 12:54 PM
I think the real problem is that many Steelers fans need to stop acting like a 15-year-old girl who just got dumped by her first boyfriend in regard to Wallace.

Whatever. Other players have left without being a complete dickhead in the process. I mean, we got outbid and there was nothing we could do about it; that happens all the time and I don't think anyone's mad about that. But the dumb jerkoff took it upon himself to half-ass an entire season, spread his sour mood around on the team, and run his mouth.

Look at how people reacted to Lewis leaving; he was in the exact same situation but it was 100% different because he didn't go above and beyond the call of duty to be a prima donna asshole.

katmandu
05-27-2013, 12:59 PM
...the dumb jerkoff took it upon himself to half-ass an entire season, spread his sour mood around on the team, and run his mouth. Total like of CLASS.

ZERO....ZILTCH...NADA..... = spoiled brat..... PUNK.

Godfather
05-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Wallace is the one acting that way.

I have no problem with him getting paid. That's what the second contract is for, and the Fins gave him more than he was worth. Good for him if he can get it.

But he doesn't need to run his mouth after he leaves.

st33lersguy
05-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Wallace wants to give harsh words, I'll give him some harsh words, his ass ain't worth a s***. The guy is nothing but a one-trick pony, and him being a locker room cancer and quitting on the team (in response to the Steelers offering him over $40 million in response to his disappearing act in the 2nd half of the 2011 season no less) was one of the classless and most unprofessional moves I ever saw. I hope Wallace enjoys his place along side Alvin Harper, Dave Boston, and Javon Walker as some of the biggest WR free agent busts in history, because that is where he will be in a few years when he quits on Miami then gets released

X-Terminator
05-27-2013, 02:23 PM

No, actually I think Wallace needs to do what the guy in my avatar loved to tell people...

Know your role, and shut your mouth.

steelreserve
05-27-2013, 03:11 PM
No, actually I think Wallace needs to do what the guy in my avatar loved to tell people...

Wow, that's the Rock? With the letters over it, I always thought it was some buff Mexican dude who got his eyes gouged out. Although I completely agree with your statement.

vader29
05-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Hopefully the Steelers secondary will show Wallace how hungry they are on December 8th.

blackngldblood
05-27-2013, 03:59 PM

I love the Rock, but my favorite has to be Stone Cold, so to borrow a few words and twist them for this forum as it goes for December the 8th.

"What did all that money get you Wallace? You can talk all you want off the field, but Steelers 3:16 says we just whipped your ass. And thats the bottom line."

Count Steeler
05-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Dear Mike:

You have been blessed with above average speed and the ability to catch footballs for a living. You are getting paid a pretty penny and I wish you the very best. However, you seem to have some unrelenting issues with your previous team, and perhaps you should pick up the phone and speak to the individuals involved and see if you can clear the air. Beyond that, your ship has sailed from Pittsburgh, to the sunny climes of South Beach. It is always best to look forward, learn from your past, but look forward.

All the best Mike. God bless you.

Sincerly,
Count.

fansince'76
05-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Whatever. Other players have left without being a complete dickhead in the process. I mean, we got outbid and there was nothing we could do about it; that happens all the time and I don't think anyone's mad about that. But the dumb jerkoff took it upon himself to half-ass an entire season, spread his sour mood around on the team, and run his mouth.

Look at how people reacted to Lewis leaving; he was in the exact same situation but it was 100% different because he didn't go above and beyond the call of duty to be a prima donna asshole.

Wallace is the one acting that way.

I have no problem with him getting paid. That's what the second contract is for, and the Fins gave him more than he was worth. Good for him if he can get it.

But he doesn't need to run his mouth after he leaves.

I dunno - I clearly remember Burress not only badmouthing the Steelers, but the whole damn city after he left and I also remember a few parting shots from Smoketonio as well. They both eventually changed their tune, no?

I'm simply considering the source and am just chalking it up as another shithead diva WR running his big yap and completely disregarding it as such. A "winning record?" When's the last time the Dolphins had one of those? By and large, the Dolphins have sucked hind tit and have been pretty much irrelevant ever since Marino retired a decade and a half ago. So as far as the bigger picture is concerned, that statement doesn't even make sense and that's essentially my point.

In other words, I honestly don't give a flying fuck what Wallace has to say about anything at this point. That blog piece, on the other hand, is absolutely dripping with butthurt and whine and frankly, I found it pathetic - hence the 15-year-old girl remark.

st33lersguy
05-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Hopefully the Steelers secondary will show Wallace how hungry they are on December 8th.

I hope so too. I hope they beat him up and shut him down real good. Unfortunately, the Pittsburgh game will be the only game this year where Wallace actually puts forth an effort

fansince'76
05-27-2013, 05:27 PM
I hope so too. I hope they beat him up and shut him down real good. Unfortunately, the Pittsburgh game will be the only game this year where Wallace actually puts forth an effort

All it will take is a good shot from Clark early and he will be useless the rest of the game. How many times have we all seen an opposing DB get into his head?

tube517
05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
the Dolphins have sucked hind tit and have been pretty much irrelevant ever since Marino retired a decade and a half ago. So as far as the bigger picture is concerned, that statement doesn't even make sense and that's essentially my point.

I thought that said "Hines' tits" :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
05-27-2013, 06:25 PM
What Mike Wallace needs to do is focus on playing for the Miami Dolphins, getting into a comfort zone with Tannehill, and learn the offense that he's going to be playing for the Dolphins.

Instead, he's running his mouth about his old team, and focusing on his past. A team that drafted him in the third round, let him develop into a starter (which was helped by Santonio's marijuana habit causing him to be traded), and the team that he played in a Super Bowl for.

You would think that he'd be thankful towards the Steelers instead of spiteful. He's a good receiver, and the Steelers allowed him to show what he could do, which is what got him the monster deal Miami gave him.

Bluecoat96
05-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Pulled this from Wallace's twitter account. If we fans can get in his head like this, then what will someone like Clark do to screw with him? This is from several tweets of his
I want it to be known that I have nothing but love and respect for everybody in the Pittsburgh Steelers oraganization that is a A1 Organization over there those guys are my brothers for life beyond football so to all the people who think I take shots at them it is Totally misleading idk people keep making it out like I wanna bash them I am forever grateful for everything they have ever done for me

Steeldude
05-27-2013, 09:29 PM
This coming from a WR who cannot catch the ball with two hands only?

Seven
05-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Who gives a shit. He's a Miami Dolphin.

fansince'76
05-28-2013, 02:22 AM

Exactly.

NJarhead
05-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Meh.

zulater
05-28-2013, 08:00 AM

Steeldawg hack your account? :wink02:

- - - Updated - - -

All it will take is a good shot from Clark early and he will be useless the rest of the game. How many times have we all seen an opposing DB get into his head?

That's more like it! :lol: And you're absolutley right. He does let some db's get into his head during games, and usually sucks from that point on.

Moose
05-28-2013, 08:19 AM

EXACTLY ! This is how I feel for every player that leaves the Black/Yellow ( i.e. Harrison ). If you aren't in Black/Yellow you ain't crap and I don't give a crap about your season. Go Steelers.

NJarhead
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
EXACTLY ! This is how I feel for every player that leaves the Black/Yellow ( i.e. Harrison ). If you aren't in Black/Yellow you ain't crap and I don't give a crap about your season. Go Steelers.

While I agree with the sentiment, I'm also sensitive to any reference to the Steelers in which their colors are mistaken for black & "yellow."

It's Black & Gold, brother.

Dwinsgames
05-28-2013, 09:48 AM
It's Black & Gold, brother.

THIS !

JUST BECAUSE .... The expansion team Saints found some success after 30 years in the league and now want to lay claims to the color scheme of Black N Gold does not mean we Steeler fans have to bow down to their wishes and change our references to our colors , or because some young punk kid rapper wants to mistakenly call it black n yellow does not mean we have to take his mistake and validate it by also calling it black n yellow ...

I have been bleeding black n gold since the mid 60s ( before Whiz Kalifa * however his name is spelled* or the Saints ever existed * )

it has always been Black N Gold and it will always be B&G in my mind

as more evidence of the color scheme in Pittsburgh http://www.omg-facts.com/Sports/In-Pittsburgh-All-The-Major-Pro-Sports-T/41119

GodfatherofSoul
05-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Pulled this from Wallace's twitter account. If we fans can get in his head like this, then what will someone like Clark do to screw with him? This is from several tweets of his

I want it to be known that I have nothing but love and respect for everybody in the Pittsburgh Steelers oraganization that is a A1 Organization over there those guys are my brothers for life beyond football so to all the people who think I take shots at them it is Totally misleading idk people keep making it out like I wanna bash them I am forever grateful for everything they have ever done for me

It's the offseason and everyone's desperate for NFL stories. I got suckered in by the Harrison stuff, I won't this time.

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm clearly in the minority here but I don't see anything so horrible with the stuff he's said. He compliments his new QB and is excited about the energy over there? So what? That's the exact right attitude for him to have and we'd want the same thing out of a high priced FA acquisition (if we ever actually acquired one). It's a good sign for the Dolphins that he is putting in extra time with his new QB. Now will this new found attitude translate to results on the field? Who knows? But I have no reason to root against him any more than any other receiver for any other team. I wish he'd have been a little better in the hands department for us last year, but all in all we got our money's worth out of the kid. I hope for his sake he can mature a bit and have a long healthy career... as long as he doesn't win against us.