PDA

View Full Version : Steelers OL Foster refuses to take foot off gas

stillers4me
05-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Ramon Foster beat the odds and made an NFL roster as an undrafted free agent. He worked his way from versatile reserve in his early years to full-time starter last season.

In the offseason the Steelers rewarded him with a three-year contract, but Foster isn't taking his newfound status on the team for granted.

Foster is entering his fifth season in the NFL, and even though he is the most-tenured player on a revamped line, the 6-foot-6, 325-pound guard has never shed the chip on his shoulder that developed after he went undrafted out of the University of Tennessee in 2009.

"I'd be a fool not to think that way," said Foster, who started 16 games last season for the first time in his career. "I tell the young guys, if it's me or you, I'm going to step on your head to get the job done.".........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-ol-foster-refuses-to-take-foot-off-gas-689240/#ixzz2UV7ccQhz

GBMelBlount
05-27-2013, 10:16 AM
"I tell the young guys, if it's me or you, I'm going to step on your head to get the job done.".........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-ol-foster-refuses-to-take-foot-off-gas-689240/#ixzz2UV7ccQhz

I wish all of our linemen (i.e. Gilbert) had this attitude.

steelreserve
05-27-2013, 03:13 PM
I wish all of our linemen (i.e. Gilbert) had this attitude.

Not to mention certain other players. coughWoodleycough

Psycho Ward 86
05-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Good for Foster. Not really worried about the interior line at all as long as it stays healthy (which isnt saying much but still). Im going to be sketched out by our tackles until they prove themselves for the majority of the season

Mistah Q
05-27-2013, 09:32 PM
"I tell the young guys, if it's me or you, I'm going to step on your head to get the job done.".........For some reason this made me think of Tony Siragusa sitting on Rich Gannon to take him out of the AFCC game, and then I thought, "What a horrible way to die..."

Moose
05-28-2013, 08:31 AM
"I'd be a fool not to think that way," said Foster, who started 16 games last season for the first time in his career. "I tell the young guys, if it's me or you, I'm going to step on your head to get the job done.".........

This is GREAT ! If I were a coach this is the attitude I'd want ALL my player's to have, young and older. Just think of the team you'd have if all player's took the field with the 'kill' attitude, I LOVE IT ! Attaway Foster !