PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Wright could do no wrong

Galax Steeler
08-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Running back Dwayne Wright did not waste any time making an impression with his new teammates.

After flying from Philadelphia and arriving at St. Vincent College in Latrobe at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Wright jumped right in and opened a few eyes with his running style, even though he did not know any of the plays.

Wright, who is 6 feet, 234 pounds, was signed as a fullback but considers himself more of a running back. And he showed that in his first practice with the Steelers after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles two days ago.

"I can do everything, but I'm more of a running back," said Wright, a fourth-round pick of the Buffalo Bills in 2007. "When the time comes to block, I'll block. I'll take you out if I have to block."

Wright was not expecting to practice because he did not have time to study the playbook after taking a physical and signing a contract. But he did anyway, running on instinct and following his blocks.

"This is my first day here, and I'm having fun," Wright said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10216/1077454-66.stm#ixzz0vconDEuI

Not sure if posted in the right section feel free to move mods.

Shoes
08-04-2010, 08:25 AM
The kid's got the attitude and guts...hoping he does well!

SteelerSal
08-04-2010, 08:33 AM
He can give Summers some competition at FB....I hope one of the 2 step up and play the position the way Krieder did.

MULLDOG24
08-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I hope this guy can come in and compete for FB but I still wish we could have drafted John Conner out of KY in the draft this year.

SMR
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
He can give Summers some competition at FB....I hope one of the 2 step up and play the position the way Krieder did.

Yeah, I miss Kreider- he was UNDER-used!

Psycho Ward 86
08-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I hope this guy can come in and compete for FB but I still wish we could have drafted John Conner out of KY in the draft this year.

The Terminator = My man crush in the late rounds last year

Chidi29
08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Wright is too much of a tweener. Isn't really worth keeping. We have a bunch of guys like that already.

Chidi29
08-04-2010, 05:02 PM

He's getting rave reviews from Rex Ryan in New York.

Chidi29
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Big injury of the day: Per Steelersdepot, Summers has a concussion. Bright and Paxson also left but Tomlin attributed those to the heat. Paxson was carted off; severe cramping, maybe?

xX-TSK-Xx
08-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Wright is too much of a tweener. Isn't really worth keeping. We have a bunch of guys like that already.

Agree. He seems like a Carey Davis type to me. He even said that he sees himself as more or a runner than a blocker.

Killer
08-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Put it on tape

don't listen to the doubters, they don't know shit from shinola, go for it, that's what camp is all about

Galax Steeler
08-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Put it on tape

don't listen to the doubters, they don't know shit from shinola, go for it, that's what camp is all about

Agreed lets give him a chance in camp and see what he can do.

SteelerFanInStl
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM

That's what it sounds like to me. Should've gotten a true FB.

Psycho Ward 86
08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Lorenzo Neal was originally a runningback.

Chidi29
08-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Made a mistake on my one post. It was Dwayne Wright, not Eugene Bright, who left practice. My fault.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
That's what it sounds like to me. Should've gotten a true FB.

At 235lbs, it should be enough to lead up into the hole and block when needed. I still dont know if he is gonna beat out David Johnson, but something seems like a legit FB is being imposed upon the offense.