PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Trying To Get His Contract Extended

stillers4me
05-25-2013, 09:53 AM
A few weeks ago, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark served as an intern at ESPN, as he wants to pursue work in the media when his playing days over. Being as 2013 is the final year of Clark's current contract, it's easy to speculate that those days could be coming soon, but the veteran suggested otherwise in a Friday report by Jim Wexell of Steel City Insider.

Wexell reports that while bantering with Clark about his potential upcoming media career during the third and final practice of the Steelers first OTA session of the 2013 season on Thursday, that Clark told him he still loves the game and that his agent is currently trying to work out an extension with the team..........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/report-steelers-s-ryan-clark-trying-to-get-his-contract-extended/

Seven
05-25-2013, 09:58 AM
I have a feeling the majority will be in the "let him go" category, but I would re-sign him. Assuming this is Troy's last year here, he'd be a huge help to Thomas in his first couple years starting. And while that's going on, we could search for a replacement for Clark. Unless something drastic happens to his play this season, I have faith he can play solid football for 2 - 3 more years. The arch of his career has been anything but typical.

Count Steeler
05-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Deserves consideration. He is a strong component of our current defense. Just a little worried about his age and the number of concussions. He has changed his helmet and his hitting style, so he may be good to go for another 3 years.

Carolina Steelers
05-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I would like to see Clark play at least 2 more yrs after this one if healthy and been very consistent over the past few yrs when in there

salamander
05-25-2013, 01:53 PM
His age concerns me a little bit but I definitely wouldn't be against a contract extension for Clark.

Psycho Ward 86
05-25-2013, 02:33 PM
because we dont really have a choice. Wouldnt be against it if he comes cheap

steelreserve
05-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Clark, unlike some other veterans on the team, seems to be aging gracefully and still plays almost as well as when we first signed him. More importantly, his contract doesn't mushroom into some absurd $9M cap hit like everyone else's. I would be all in favor of this.

Craic
05-25-2013, 06:21 PM
He's the only player that's been consistent while on the wrong side of thirty. The others have been inconsistent in quality of play, or inconsistent in playing time. With the leadership vacuum this steam is currently experiencing, I say keep him in place for another couple of years.

ALLD
05-25-2013, 06:23 PM
He might get one more season even if he gets a new 2 year contract. Denver will be the team to beat this season in the AFC. We can't beat them without a starter and he can't play in Denver.

steeldawg
05-25-2013, 07:11 PM
He might get one more season even if he gets a new 2 year contract. Denver will be the team to beat this season in the AFC. We can't beat them without a starter and he can't play in Denver.

Didn't even think of this, good point!

stillers4me
05-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Daggum well better keep him...I just got his jersey for Christmas.

ALLD
05-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Who are the best two Safeties we can put on the field for 16 regular season games and the playoffs?

Chidi29
05-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Think the issue we could run into is wanting to sign him cheap because of his age and reckless style of play (as much as I love it, he risks a career-ending concussion on every hit) against Clark's natural want to get paid market value. If those two things conflict enough, he'll hit the market. Remember, we all thought he was going to Miami before re-signing.

At the very least, he won't get an extension this summer. They'll see how Clark is health-wise after this year and track the development of Thomas and even Golden and go from there.

Austin87
05-26-2013, 04:26 AM
I wouldn't mind extending Clark's contract. He is still playing at a high level.

43Hitman
05-26-2013, 07:23 AM
He's the only player that's been consistent while on the wrong side of thirty. The others have been inconsistent in quality of play, or inconsistent in playing time. With the leadership vacuum this steam is currently experiencing, I say keep him in place for another couple of years.

Yeah I'm with you on this line of thinking. If the money is right, he will be a valuable asset to Golden and Thomas' development.

steelerdude15
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't mind keeping him if he had his contract extended, but I wish he would learn how to shut his mouth sometimes.

BigNastyDefense
05-26-2013, 06:50 PM
I say keep him if the numbers work. Someone has to teach the young kids, and Clark's play has been consistent.

stillers4me
05-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I love Ryan Clark. It's going to be so hard to watch this next batch of veteran players go.