PDA

View Full Version : Heath is running!

stillers4me
05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Heath-Miller-Interview/94694267-1ef5-4f92-8ed6-ac5db15fb931

:applaudit:

- - - Updated - - -

Interviews also with Redman and losing weight, LaMarr and his anonymous teammate, SacmanJones and his injury, AB and Sanders with hair, Ike on not making the playoffs and Cortez Allen and Troy's new slim look, and Tomlin....being Tomlin.

salamander
05-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Heeeaaattthhhh!!

I definitely glad to see he seems to recovering well.

Shoes
05-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Good news!

Chidi29
05-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Well I think we said he was jogging.

Let me know when starts planting and cutting.

steelreserve
05-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah, a little early to be counting chickens. But still, this is May, so there's 3 1/2 months until the start of the regular season. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

zulater
05-22-2013, 09:40 PM
At least he's going in the right direction, and not having setback after setback like Gronk.

steelerdude15
05-22-2013, 09:55 PM
This is great news indeed.

Seven
05-22-2013, 10:02 PM
It seems like we've been hearing all offseason long that Heath is well ahead of schedule. Which is something you hear a lot about guys who are injured, but with his personality I believe it. He is probably working like crazy to get back to game health. Here is hoping he doesn't have any setbacks.

Nadroj 20
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Making progress! We will see how he responds to planting that leg and making cuts.

Mojouw
05-24-2013, 10:58 AM
The issue with Heath is how much speed and quickness does he lose when he comes back? Some, A bit, A lot, none? Who knows. Also will he trust the knee enough to be the high end blocker he was prior? No one knows. I hope he recovers and continues his great career. I have my doubts.

steelreserve
05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
The issue with Heath is how much speed and quickness does he lose when he comes back? Some, A bit, A lot, none? Who knows. Also will he trust the knee enough to be the high end blocker he was prior? No one knows. I hope he recovers and continues his great career. I have my doubts.

Call me an optimist, but I don't think he'll suffer much as a receiver. His game isn't so much about speed and quickness, as much as it's about being open because he has a knack for knowing exactly where to be at exactly the right time - and also being able to hang on to just about anything thrown his way even if he's well-covered. I don't think those two things will suffer because of the injury, and even before, it's not like he was trying to outrun everyone.

Blocking might be another story, but if his knee is ready to go an an NFL level, then hopefully he can pick up where he left off. As you said, I think confidence has a lot to do with it. If he comes out gung-ho and ready to play, I think he can do great, and even if he loses half a step, blocking and catching shouldn't be affected much. If he comes out tentative and shaky, that's another matter. Keeping my hopes up, if for no other reason than Heath hasn't ever disappointed us before.

GBMelBlount
05-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Re: Heath is running!

So is my refrigerator.

Not sure either will be starting for the Steelers game 1 though.

On the bright side does Heath really have that much speed to lose?

zulater
05-25-2013, 07:38 AM

Speed and quickness were never his strong suits. His hands, his savvy, and his strength are what got him where he is in the league. I think there's a strong possibility that he'll be pretty much the same guy as he's always been once he's recovered.

Moose
05-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Really glad to hear the good news on Heath and his recovery time. I just hope he doesn't rush and come back too early. I'd rather have him healthy mid season and season end. As was said a few times, his 'speed' isn't his known plus, it's his being at the right spot at the right time and his sure hands. Ben knew he could count on Heath to get that 1st down across the middle. Great news though on Heath. Go Steeler's.