PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu In Best Shape Since USC Playing Days

stillers4me
05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
On Sunday, I passed along the news that Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu would be in attendance for the first OTA session of the 2013 season that gets underway on Tuesday and now there is a report on Twitter from Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that states the 2010 Defensive Player of the Year is in the best shape that he has been in since his playing days at USC. ............

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/report-steelers-s-troy-polamalu-in-best-shape-since-usc-playing-days/

Count Steeler
05-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I sure hope so. Time will tell.

salamander
05-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Hopefully his age hasn't fully caught up with him yet. When was the last time Troy played an entire season without being injured half the season?

zulater
05-20-2013, 09:15 PM
That's all great, but it makes you wonder why he wasn't in great shape last year? When you get paid as an elite athlete don't you owe a full out effort every year? I remember reading after last year's spring OTA's that Troy was looking heavy and slow. Then he gets injured in camp and reaggravates those injures early in the season and gives the Steelers nothing until the last two games of the season.

There's no bigger Troy fan than me. But he owes the Steelers a great season after stealing their money virtually all of last season.

Shoes
05-20-2013, 09:21 PM
That's all great, but it makes you wonder why he wasn't in great shape last year? When you get paid as an elite athlete don't you owe a full out effort every year? I remember reading after last year's spring OTA's that Troy was looking heavy and slow. Then he gets injured in camp and reaggravates those injures early in the season and gives the Steelers nothing until the last two games of the season.

There's no bigger Troy fan than me. But he owes the Steelers a great season after stealing their money virtually all of last season.

If Woodley can get away with it, why can't Troy?... :chuckle:

Seven
05-20-2013, 09:25 PM
He's been relatively healthy for a while now. That probably makes a big difference when it comes to conditioning and workouts.

Shoes
05-20-2013, 09:36 PM
......and in other news Tom Brady said.......
*Going into my 14th year, I have never had more confidence in how I am throwing the football.*

steelerdude15
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Hopefully his age hasn't fully caught up with him yet. When was the last time Troy played an entire season without being injured half the season?

It states in the article that Troy played all sixteen games in 2011.

One thing that sticks out to me from the article is the paragraph about retirement. It says that Troy hasn't thought about retirement, but I always felt he was going to retire after this upcoming season when his contract was over. I hope that he'll be able to sign him to a contract extension or a new contract for a few more years.

GBMelBlount
05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
It is tough at 32 to be like when you were 22.

blackngldblood
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
I feel like a player like Troy has more than just one DPOY award in him. He's that player that literally comes once and is irreplaceable. Maybe this year he can come full circle and close it out on top of his game.

steelerdude15
05-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I feel like a player like Troy has more than just one DPOY award in him. He's that player that literally comes once and is irreplaceable. Maybe this year he can come full circle and close it out on top of his game.

That would be awesome. I really hope he could get one more DPOY award and another SB ring at that. He definitely will be in the HOF either way.

steelreserve
05-20-2013, 10:34 PM
I think I've seen this story every offseason for like 6 consecutive offseasons. He might be in better shape than Superman, Spider-Man and the Hulk combined, but really all that matters is whether he twists his knee too awkwardly by Week 4.

GoSlash27
05-21-2013, 06:11 AM
I think I've seen this story every offseason for like 6 consecutive offseasons. He might be in better shape than Superman, Spider-Man and the Hulk combined, but really all that matters is whether he twists his knee too awkwardly by Week 4.
^ This.
Troy has worked his butt off all year every year he's been with us, so it's absurd to accuse him of not trying hard enough.
The way he plays football leads to injuries, and those injuries slow him down.

Moose
05-21-2013, 06:44 AM
I sure hope so. It would be great to see the 'old' Troy running all over the field making plays again. All season long !! :)

tube517
05-21-2013, 06:58 AM
He needs to stop the wax dummy pranks to stay healthy. :chuckle:

GodfatherofSoul
05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Translation: "Vet claims to be in best shape of his pro career after watching hordes of vets mowed down by his GM."

86WARD
05-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Week 5.