PDA

View Full Version : steelers 2010 coaching interns

tony hipchest
08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
im sure many heard that jerry olsavsky was hired as defensive quality control earlier in the year. this is how many get their start. we have already seen darren perry and kevin green make the transition to a successful career.

—Two former Steelers players are serving as interns at training camp. Former tight end Mark Bruener is with the scouting department and former defensive lineman Brentson Buckner is trying his hand as a coach. Former Lions DE Robert Porcher also is a scouting intern and former NFL linebacker Michael Barrow is a coaching intern.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/notes.htm

i alwaays thought breuner would make 1 hell of a coach in the mold of mularkey or wiz. maybe he is an even better talent evaluator. i guarantee he will have a job in the nfl for a long time. i hope its with the steelers.

porcher has ties with colbert when he was with the lions. always liked him when i was following barry sanders.

good luck to 3 class acts.

Chidi29
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Greene and Gildon worked with the linebackers last year and very shortly after, Kevin got the LB coaching gig in Green Bay.

Austin87
08-04-2010, 02:55 AM
I love it when former players become coaches. Hopefully Bruener can succeed as a coach.

solardave
08-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Who knows maybe Batch will follow after his career is over or should I say when he realizes his career is over.