PDA

View Full Version : How do you pick your jerseys?

GodfatherofSoul
05-20-2013, 06:20 PM
While going through my closet, I just realized that I only have one jersey left of an active player. My favorite player is off in Cincinnatti now, so now I need to new go-to. I try to have one home defense jersey and one away offense jersey. I also try to stay away from the more popular jerseys like the Bens and Troys, but pick up a guy who's probably got some longevity. At this point, we have so many unknowns in that 2nd tier of players, I wouldn't even know who's jersey to get. I might just go with our #1 and #2 picks if I can find some of those cheap Chinese knock-offs, but I know how the NFL started cracking down on the vendors.

steeldawg
05-20-2013, 06:24 PM
I go with guys who are under contract.

Carolina Steelers
05-20-2013, 06:29 PM
I agree with steeldawg I like players in there 2nd contract with team. What about Timmons? Active player contributes and under rader compared to Ben, Troy etc. also on offense brown might be ur only option maybe pouncey

Moose
05-20-2013, 06:34 PM
I go with the players of the past that were the best......mine, LAMBERT !! Won't ever change. Blast from the past.

tube517
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
I will probably get Earl`s jersey next

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk HD

SCSTILLER
05-20-2013, 08:29 PM
I go with the players of the past that were the best......mine, LAMBERT !! Won't ever change. Blast from the past.

I go with guys that retired as a Steeler. I have a Webster jersey and a Mean Joe jersey, and have asked for a Ward jersey for my birthday. If/when Troy retires as a Steeler I will probably get his jersey also.

Count Steeler
05-20-2013, 08:33 PM
It has to be special and I will only wear it on special occasions. I used to have a Mean Joe, but I outgrew that one, now I have a Lambert. Of the current players, Heath, Ben, Troy, Lawrence and Maurkice would be possibles.

steelerdude15
05-20-2013, 10:00 PM
I always prefer to buy the jersey of a player most fans don't buy. I also look and see their contracts and how long they've been signed for. I personally buy the authentic jerseys, the three hundred dollar ones so I like to have them for a long time. That is why I bought a Heath Miller jersey and a Kris Letang jersey of the Penguins. I do have two Roethlisberger jerseys. One I bought when the Reebok jerseys were on sale last year (I wanted a Timmons jersey, but chose the Ben jersey because it was an away jersey) and my girlfriend bought me the 1934 jersey for Christmas. That's how I decide.

86WARD
05-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Get a Miller jersey or a Pouncey jersey after he's signed long term!

NJarhead
05-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Used to get my favorite players, period.

Now I only get my favorite players after they sign their second contract.

Of course that idea was tossed out last year when my Son asked for a Mike Wallace jersey for Christmas.

Just bought a Nike Miller jersey and I'd like to buy a Timmons next.

whodat1
05-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I have one official jersey. Heath Miller.

NJarhead
05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
BTW - The best jersey's I've EVER bought (and i have about 30) were from the Steelers store in the Grove City Outlets.

They had blank official jerseys. I'm guessing left over from training camp. I bought two for $100 each and hand # 95 Greg Lloyd made and a #98 with my name made....which I thoroughly regret. I'm still trying to find someone who can make the 98 and 86 and change the name to Ward.

Polamalu Princess
05-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I guess my name says it all. I have a few of the players, but always go for my Troy.

KeiselPower99
05-22-2013, 05:07 PM
When buying a jersey I always want one of someone that you dont see very often. The last 3 jerseys I have bought are Dan Kreider Heath Miller and Brett Keisel.

NJarhead
05-23-2013, 10:07 AM
When buying a jersey I always want one of someone that you dont see very often. The last 3 jerseys I have bought are Dan Kreider Heath Miller and Brett Keisel.

No Faneca? lol

43Hitman
05-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Used to get my favorite players, period.

Now I only get my favorite players after they sign their second contract.

Of course that idea was tossed out last year when my Son asked for a Mike Wallace jersey for Christmas.

Just bought a Nike Miller jersey and I'd like to buy a Timmons next.

That's what I do. I like to see commitment before I commit $100 or more on a jersey. I still don't have Keisel or Timmons yet, so that's the route I"ll most likely take this year.

steeldawg
05-23-2013, 04:39 PM
If you can nab yourself a mitch berger authentic, I say do it!

Pristas
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
I'd like to have a Charlie Batch. Next one for me may be Shamarko Thomas. I hope this kid pans out. I'm routing for him. Cortez Allen too.

cold-hard-steel
05-24-2013, 08:38 AM
I only ever bought one , and that was #32 because at the time Franco was the chit man !! I got another one last year because i left some chick punch me in the face and then she felt so bad , she gave me a #7 jersey which i wear proudly . Thats not the best way to go about choosing a jersey i know , but aye, it worked for me . I might add that it is plenty big for me to wear . But what i went through to get it , it was well worth it .

GodfatherofSoul
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
I'd like to have a Charlie Batch. Next one for me may be Shamarko Thomas. I hope this kid pans out. I'm routing for him. Cortez Allen too.

I had one, but it kept falling off 20 yards before I ever got to where I was trying to go.