PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2014.html)

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week

Aussie_steeler
05-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Great to see your are on the job so early.

Brandon Coleman is a tall WR and for some reason that scares me a little, not sure why. I tend to lean towards the current profile of WR that the steelers employ (5'10 to 6'2). I think they would prefer to address the tall receiver route via a TE.

Two names that I think may warrant first round consideration and probably interest from steeler fans are:

1. DeAndre Coleman DT / DE CAL - big 6'5 320" D lineman that plays the nose and the 5 tech in Cals 3-4. Great replacement for Keisel / Hood if they are lost
2. Colt Lyerla TE Oregon 6'6 240'" - a do it all TE who is going to have a monster year IMO. A TE who also can run as a HB.

I think Clowney is the best talent available. But in a QB driven league I can understand and see Bridgewater going ahead.

Dwinsgames
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Brandon Coleman is a tall WR and for some reason that scares me a little, not sure why....

the answer is Dwayne Jarett ......

DFlo
05-13-2013, 05:41 PM

Brandon Coleman is a tall WR and for some reason that scares me a little, not sure why. I tend to lean towards the current profile of WR that the steelers employ (5'10 to 6'2). I think they would prefer to address the tall receiver route via a TE.

Two names that I think may warrant first round consideration and probably interest from steeler fans are:

1. DeAndre Coleman DT / DE CAL - big 6'5 320" D lineman that plays the nose and the 5 tech in Cals 3-4. Great replacement for Keisel / Hood if they are lost
2. Colt Lyerla TE Oregon 6'6 240'" - a do it all TE who is going to have a monster year IMO. A TE who also can run as a HB.

I think Clowney is the best talent available. But in a QB driven league I can understand and see Bridgewater going ahead.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to check these guys out

steelerdude15
05-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Blah... as of right now, lets not think about taking a receiver in the first round.