PDA

View Full Version : What else to do in Green Bay?

mark0933
05-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Considering going to Lambeau for the game this year, normally turn the game into a week or 2 vacation, anyone know what else there is to do there besides the game?

And another question, anyone able to find a detailed section map of Lambeau, I've been screwed with row 1 before now, want absolute front row endzone, have purchased row 1 before only to have an A and B infront of me, but can't find a detailed seating chart online anywhere.

Mark

bayz101
05-12-2013, 04:46 PM
http://www.globaleventforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Lambeau-Field.png

Count Steeler
05-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Eat cheese?

Mamaduck43 will have some suggestions for you. Maybe PM her.

tube517
05-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Considering going to Lambeau for the game this year, normally turn the game into a week or 2 vacation, anyone know what else there is to do there besides the game?

And another question, anyone able to find a detailed section map of Lambeau, I've been screwed with row 1 before now, want absolute front row endzone, have purchased row 1 before only to have an A and B infront of me, but can't find a detailed seating chart online anywhere.

Mark
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Screen-shot-2011-10-27-at-5.01.24-AM.png

ALLD
05-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Look at fat chicks.

mark0933
05-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Sorry, let me add something...with my 7 year old son and my wife...

PS - I can find that stadium chart, need more of the detailed view like ticketmasters shows (each seat in each row is labelled)

Mark

steelreserve
05-12-2013, 07:45 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there ain't shit else to do in Green Bay except watch the grass grow.

ALLD
05-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Ice fishing.

GodfatherofSoul
05-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Didn't see much besides the botanical gardens light show.

http://www.greenbay.com/visit_us/events/?d=201312&c=ALL&p=2

Check out their attractions as well.

fansince'76
05-13-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Screen-shot-2011-10-27-at-5.01.24-AM.png

Look at fat chicks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moose
05-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Guess my question is, why in the hell go to the Packer's game ? Much less spend 'vacation' time ?

fansince'76
05-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Guess my question is, why in the hell go to the Packer's game ? Much less spend 'vacation' time ?

Proximity to Ontario, I would imagine (which is where the OP hails from).

Mamaduck43
05-13-2013, 11:42 AM
I have been wracking my brain since I saw this thread - - the first thing that comes to mind is "trying to stay warm", but I forget that even though it is May 13th and it went down below 30° this morning, that December 22 is a long time from now.... I pretty much hibernate in the winter - - - but I am looking for tickets and will most definitely be going to the game.. The last time we played here, I flew in from Hawaii to attend the game, but it was in November, 2005, and even though I froze my buns off, there were still some other things to do in the area....

The team stays in Appleton, WI - - a few miles South of Green Bay - - and there are some attractions and a big outlet Mall near there - - including a great Oshcosh store.... Door Peninsula is lovely, but most of their attractions and many restaurants are closed during the winter months.... Milwaukee is about 2.5 hours South of GB, and there are lots of things happening there - - a biggie is the statue of "The Fonz" that is somewhere down there.... Quite a few brewery tours and absolutely fantastic eating opportunities.... One thing that is great here is the food....

There will be oodles of Steeler's tailgate parties in Lambeau's parking lots... The locals party a bit, but usually stay warm at home until shortly before game time.... The fans were great the last time (Ben was injured and Charlie Batch carried a win over Bret Favre!!!!), but there was a sea change on attitude after SB XLV....... I discovered that Packer fans are horrible winners!!!! I have been called names, ridiculed, snarled at, bumped into (not accidentally!!!), and worse.... And the Pack had been my favorite AFC team - - no longer... If we win only one game this whole coming season, it had better be the game on 12/22.......

Edited to add: I sent you a PM with some more info - - If you want someone to actually go into the stadium to eyeball particular seats, that can be arranged - - I have three able bodied grandkids who will do just about anything for gas money!!!! pat

I have some local folks coming up with suggestions for you - - - and I will post them as I receive them.... Keep me posted on dates and times, and I will keep you posted as well..... I would love to show off my Steelers Cave to someone who would appreciate it, if that fits with your time schedule... I know that there will be a huge invasion of Black and Gold here for the game, and I will be out and about a lot to enjoy the friendly faces!!!!

Devilsdancefloor
05-13-2013, 01:16 PM
what about going to milwaukee for a few days? It is a few hours away , the Harley museum is worth it!!

mark0933
05-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Well, my wife and I decided a few years ago that we were going to try to get to every stadium for a game.

So far we have covered:

Pitt, Cleveland, Cinci, Tennessee, Detroit, Buffalo, Kansas City and Toronto (Pitt/Bills preseason game).

We've also seen Dallas, Arizona, Jets, Atlanta in Pitt.

Moose
05-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Well, my wife and I decided a few years ago that we were going to try to get to every stadium for a game.

So far we have covered:

Pitt, Cleveland, Cinci, Tennessee, Detroit, Buffalo, Kansas City and Toronto (Pitt/Bills preseason game).

We've also seen Dallas, Arizona, Jets, Atlanta in Pitt.

Okay, well that makes sense now. At first I was just wondering why anyone from Canada would want to go to another cold place for a football game, and to take vacation time to boot. My ass tries to hit warm places during the vacation time and winter months. Good luck, I'm sure with the help of all the Steeler Nation crowd you will be set up with more places to see, visit and do than you will have time. Go Steeler's.

cold-hard-steel
05-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Obviously being from Canada , the cold would not bother you all . I wish you would keep the cold up there for this time of year . My own advice would be to book you guys a hotel/motel room close to your drive , and go out and meet some locals in the area , and ask if they have any ideas to keep you from being bored before the game . Local people are the ones that know where all the fun things to do are happening . Wear your Black and Gold proud !!!!!!!

GodfatherofSoul
05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I lived in upstate NY for a year. You get used to bitterly cold weather. I came home to KC for Winter vacation and I was walking around in freezing weather in shorts and didn't even realize it ('til my mom go on me about it).

Mamaduck43
05-14-2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't realize that you are from Ontario - - I don't know if you have done the Canada side of the lakes, but a couple of years ago, my daughter, granddaughters and I went from here, through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, through Sault Ste. Marie and did the North side of Lake Ontario - - beautiful drive and a real experience.... We ended up going through Buffalo and down to Pittsburgh... We returned via the Ohio Turnpike to Toldeo, then up through Michigan - across the Mackinaw bridge and back through the Upper Peninsula again.... There are some neat places in Michigan (Bonner's Xmas Stores and the like) and some of the Mackinaw Island things would be open...

I had forgotten the Harley Davidson Museum and factory in Milwaukee - - it is awesome....

More to come

mark0933
05-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Going all the way up and around would be nice in summer or fall, but not so much in December. Actually we are only about 2 hours from Detroit, so will be going straight through to Chicago and up.

We stopped in Chicago last year on way to KC (that is a really long and boring drive) and did the aquarium and Museum in Chicago

Mark