PDA

View Full Version : An early Mother's Day gift for Bell's mom

stillers4me
05-11-2013, 08:52 AM
This Sunday mothers everywhere will celebrate Mother’s Day with their family, receiving flowers, jewelry, handmade cards and plenty of love from their kids.

But for Lisa Bell-Russell, Mother’s Day came early, when she received the perfect gift, her son Le’Veon Bell getting drafted by her favorite NFL team, the Steelers.

“She grew up a Steelers fan, everyone in my family did,” said Bell. “My grandpa grew up a fan of the team. That is where she got it from. He was in tears when they drafted me.

“The fact that I got drafted here made it more exciting for everyone. I am happy to be here. I am glad it’s not too far away. It’s the perfect distance. My mom can drive to the games. She is so excited and I am happy for her.”

Bell-Russell had always dreamt about coming to a Steelers game, whether at Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field, but never in her wildest dreams did she think her first opportunity would be to see her son play for the team..............

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/An-early-Mothers-Day-gift-for-Bells-mom/93160ca8-51f2-484d-9684-2a5300442a28

salamander
05-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Hopefully her son gives her (and the team of course) many good years of good play!

Kittyfish
05-11-2013, 06:57 PM
I always think it's a wonderful thing when players get drafted by their favorite teams. It's an incredible thing to be drafted at all, but to be drafted by the team you and your family are fans of? What could be finer? It must literally feel like a dream come true. Hopefully Bell will make his mom and the rest of us very proud!