PDA

View Full Version : 2014, anyone?

Seven
05-10-2013, 12:08 AM
The 2014 draft class looks a lot more exciting to me than 2013 was already.

- Will Jadaveon Clowney still be the unquestioned number one guy in eleven months? Hard to believe, but it's also hard to see him having a poor season.

- Is Teddy Bridgewater the real deal? That last name is ridiculous, which makes me want him to stay in the conversation. But he'll have to have a great year in my opinion which I think might be calling for a lot.

- I bet Marqise Lee falls similar to how his former teammate Robert Woods did.

- I'm interested to see what happens to Haha Clinton-Dix. I really liked how he looked in Bama's spring game (I know, I know, wtf). Is he just a Taylor Mays type like some people seem to think? I'm not so sure. I think he's got a lot more potential than Mays.

- I'm interested in BYU's Kyle Van Noy.

Anyone have any early thoughts or things they are watching at this point?

Hindes204
05-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Clowney is a freak of nature, he will be the number one pick

Dwinsgames
05-10-2013, 10:10 AM
My Brain is still resting from 2013 draft overload .... a couple more weeks and I will start getting back into it gradually

Aussie_steeler
05-12-2013, 03:40 AM
I am thinking OT or TE in the first next year.

My early favourite is

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/235/608/608235.jpg

A beast of a TE who plays for Oregon.

Was a high school HB who switched to TE.

A beast of a TE who can catch, block and even run the ball out of the backfield.

Check out Colt Lyerla.

(note: this year there is going to be a huge debate between Austin Sefarian- Jenkins and Lyerla. Currently I lean to Lyerla. Both have some red flags however.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqbrR8FOYI

Seven
05-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I am thinking OT or TE in the first next year.

My early favourite is

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/235/608/608235.jpg

A beast of a TE who plays for Oregon.

Was a high school HB who switched to TE.

A beast of a TE who can catch, block and even run the ball out of the backfield.

Check out Colt Lyerla.

(note: this year there is going to be a huge debate between Austin Sefarian- Jenkins and Lyerla. Currently I lean to Lyerla. Both have some red flags however.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqbrR8FOYI

I like your call on OT. I think either Adams or Gilbert will step up, but not both. And I could really see either of them going either way. I won't forget the fact that we had interest in Jake Long this offseason. Was it just because he's a rare top tier type player? Maybe. But I think the fact that they pursued a tackle should say something about how they feel about Adams and Gilbert at this point. And I'll have to check out those tight ends.

Shoes
05-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Lyerla looks like he can do it all, Aussie.

Aussie_steeler
05-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Just noticed a tweet where he said he now weighs in at 265. Looks like he has packed on another 20 during the off season.

This will be a hell of a battle between Austin Sefarian Jenkins and Lyerla. ASJ is ranked noticeably higher by all agencies.

To my eye I think Lyerla plays with a bit more physicality. He can be a beast between the hash marks.

I have concerns about both with current red flags for behaviour.

OT , TE, DE are my main thought areas.

At DE check out De'Andre Coleman from Cal and RaShede Hagemann from Minnesota.

Shoes
05-19-2013, 04:05 PM
265??? .........he must be on Woodley's diet plan. :chuckle:

Steeltreal
05-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Just noticed a tweet where he said he now weighs in at 265. Looks like he has packed on another 20 during the off season.

This will be a hell of a battle between Austin Sefarian Jenkins and Lyerla. ASJ is ranked noticeably higher by all agencies.

To my eye I think Lyerla plays with a bit more physicality. He can be a beast between the hash marks.

I have concerns about both with current red flags for behaviour.

OT , TE, DE are my main thought areas.

At DE check out De'Andre Coleman from Cal and RaShede Hagemann from Minnesota.Coleman will fly under the radar with CAL being a middle of the pack team, big changes on offense and Defense switching to a 4-3 front.

steelerdude15
05-20-2013, 10:25 PM
My biggest needs for next years draft as of May 20, 2013:

1)DE
2)ILB
3)Safety
4)TE
5)Guard

Chidi29
05-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Arizona State's DT Will Sutton figures to be one of the best interior DL in 2014.

Also, you guys hear about the proposed draft date changes? Drafts from now on would be in May. 2014 in mid May.

Aussie_steeler
05-21-2013, 04:05 AM
Arizona State's DT Will Sutton figures to be one of the best interior DL in 2014.

Also, you guys hear about the proposed draft date changes? Drafts from now on would be in May. 2014 in mid May.

The easter bunny has booked radio city hall. The commissioner has been forced to move the date back.

This will actually allow for more regional combines to be held ( and televised). Some talk of regional combine stars to get an invite to THE COMBINE.

Even talk of day two of the draft possibly being broadcast from a second venue. Goodell has been heard to say that multiple cities have approached the NFL for a chance to hold the draft.

Apparently it outrated the NBA, NHL and all other sports ( combined) that were scheduled directly against the draft.

Goodell is realising how much of a winner the draft is as a TV spectacle.

Seven
05-21-2013, 04:42 AM
The easter bunny has booked radio city hall. The commissioner has been forced to move the date back.

This will actually allow for more regional combines to be held ( and televised). Some talk of regional combine stars to get an invite to THE COMBINE.

Even talk of day two of the draft possibly being broadcast from a second venue. Goodell has been heard to say that multiple cities have approached the NFL for a chance to hold the draft.

Apparently it outrated the NBA, NHL and all other sports ( combined) that were scheduled directly against the draft.

Goodell is realising how much of a winner the draft is as a TV spectacle.

I realize all the changes are inevitable because the league can make big bucks off the draft now, but I miss the way it was a few years ago (with the exception of the picks being known before you saw it on TV). And I like Radio City Music Hall as the venue. I hope they don't change it.

Dwinsgames
05-21-2013, 09:57 AM
knowing how Goodell works , moving it to may ( much better chance for quality weather for being held outdoors ) and the fact so much more money could be made with a venue change I would not be shocked to see it move from city to city much like the Super Bowl and be held in NFL Stadiums that way in stead of a few thousand tickets they could sells 20x that amount ....

he wont be happy until his fingerprints are all over every aspect of the game even if it does ruin it ...

Chidi29
05-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan of it either. I get taking advantage of what a huge event this is but there's a limit. It's starting to feel like the actual draft and combine is becoming the sideshow.

Seeing regional combines would be kinda cool though probably 1/3 (minimum) won't even get into a camp.

Aussie_steeler
05-21-2013, 03:54 PM
This enforced change (due to external factors) will cause a RIPPLE EFFECT throughout the whole draft process.

The adjustments that the NFL makes to combat the threats that Twitter presents will be the most interesting. Tipping picks by people inside war rooms or production rooms is a threat to the quality of the broadcast.

Apparantly teams are about a pick, maybe two picks in front of the TV coverage when it comes to knowing who the pick is. With two networks providing coverage and multiple journalists sitting in positions to get the pick up to 5 minutes before the TV viewers it will be hard to combat this.

I can see the draft coverage evolving to allow for real time pick broadcasting directly from team war rooms. This will mean the draft will eventually become decentralised.

Imagine a scenario where the commish puts a team on the clock. The broadcasters predict ( for the first time having no idea who has been selected) and then go to the Steelers war room where Mike Tomlin announces the pick live.

Then the broadcasters have to scramble to get their profile packages up to inform the viewer.

I can see significant change over the next few years

SIDE NOTE: looks like ESPN is terminating 400 contracts. Wonder who from their draft team gets the flick?? Merrill Hodge after his instant analysis of the LeVeon Bell pick

Chidi29
05-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Report is a lot of the layoffs are coming from the technology department. So might not see many/any on-air talent get the boot.

Seven
06-14-2013, 05:11 AM
What do you guys think of Max Bullough?

Texasteel
06-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Just started my wish list, and right now at the top is TE. There could very well be a list of TEs that will be about as good as this years players. If Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Colt Lyerla come out, I think they will, they could both go in the first round. They could be followed closely by this years top Sr. Jacob Pedersen. A player most of you may not know is a player I like very much, and might fit into the Steelers team very well. That player is CJ Fiedorowicz of, wait for it, IOWA. CJ is a big body TE, 6'6", 265, how runs the 40 in the mid 4.6 area. He is a good blocking TE, that also happens to have pretty good hands. You might take a look at him if you get a chance, but you will have to suffer through watching an Iowa game, as I will be. Right now CJ is figured to be a second round pick.

Dwinsgames
06-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Just started my wish list, and right now at the top is TE. There could very well be a list of TEs that will be about as good as this years players. If Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Colt Lyerla come out, I think they will, they could both go in the first round. They could be followed closely by this years top Sr. Jacob Pedersen. A player most of you may not know is a player I like very much, and might fit into the Steelers team very well. That player is CJ Fiedorowicz of, wait for it, IOWA. CJ is a big body TE, 6'6", 265, how runs the 40 in the mid 4.6 area. He is a good blocking TE, that also happens to have pretty good hands. You might take a look at him if you get a chance, but you will have to suffer through watching an Iowa game, as I will be. Right now CJ is figured to be a second round pick.

had a man crush on Fiedorowicz already , the kid is as humble as Heath Miller , soft spoken and leads by example ....

he is on my early wish list

Steeltreal
07-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Dont have a wishlist,
But I have a watch list,

CB Aaron Colvin Sr 6'0 Oklahoma

DT/DE Kerry Hyder Sr 6'2 281 TexasTech

DE/OLB Jeremiah Attaochu Sr 6'3 240 Ga Tech
ILB Jabari Hunt-Days So 6'3 252 Ga Tech