PDA

View Full Version : Love of the Steelers goes bone deep

cold-hard-steel
05-09-2013, 12:53 PM
You love em , or you hate em , or you just don't like football . So don't read this little tid-bit of imformation i'm about to key out . I reside in Gettysburg , or should i say Gettysburgh , Pa . Seems no matter what you do , or your occupation , the Steelers are embedded in your soul . Sure there are some Eagle fans flying around , with no real clue what they are up to . I am prohibited to talk about the " original Cleveland browns " ,because , after all they are in the marketing area . Steelers are one of the teams you like to come down hard on , and point out all of their faults . After the high standard they have set over the years , how could ya think otherwise ? I will cut the chase short , and read the results of this here post . Steelers are not only a team anymore , they are a way of life .

BnG_Hevn
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
What I find funny is that people will be quick to point it out when the Steelers don't make the playoffs. I guess it's because even opponents' fans, at some level, expect the Steelers to win the SB every year.

GBMelBlount
05-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Gettysburg is a great address.

cold-hard-steel
05-09-2013, 08:34 PM

Yes it is , But not the only one . Our fathers has brought forth ...........

cold-hard-steel
05-09-2013, 08:53 PM
The love of the Steelers is not skin deep . It goes all the way to the bone . Least for me it does .

Hindes204
05-09-2013, 08:55 PM
I was born and raised 10 minutes from three rivers...I could see it from the hillside a street over from my house in Sheraden. Yes, the love is bone deep, I was raised as a steeler fan.....and I wouldn't have it any other way

cold-hard-steel
05-09-2013, 08:59 PM

How could i not love ya . my motto is jus cuz ya look dum ya don't need ta act it . Thats when the question marks start to fly . But it is only a ruse .

cold-hard-steel
05-09-2013, 09:07 PM
What I find funny is that people will be quick to point it out when the Steelers don't make the playoffs. I guess it's because even opponents' fans, at some level, expect the Steelers to win the SB every year.

If it gets in your blood buddy boy your done . Steeler kind a person for life . Don't try ta change either , we will hunt ya down and find ya . Then we will make you , after a jury trial mind you , be an original cleveland browns fan .

cold-hard-steel
05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
I did catch your humor , but i've almost become immune to it . Steelers rule # 1 , confederates pick their spots , and then the real shit goes down . The rest is history . Argue me all the way to Pickets charge if you like . Doesn't matter if you mispell it , or said something indifferent , the men met , they fought , and Steel from Pittsburgh , and i guess Cleveland to some extent showed to be the winning "hole " card . Come to Gettysburgh and get a lesson on the 150th if you can . I aint playin man , Steelers rock I thought this was in line with the mrblount post . ! The oldest brewers of beer ,at least in Pa . will do that .

Seven
05-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Gettysburg is a great town, cold-hard-steel. And I would never want to be anything other than a Steelers fan.

steel striker
05-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I was born and raise in Delaware but, I have been a Steeler fan since 1977. Even thought there are some people from this area who are Steeler fan as well I still get alot crap from the typical Eagle/Ravens/Red Skin fans. I would not have it any other way I'm a die hard Steeler Fan. I have even been to a few games as well 6 hour drive one way.

stlrtruck
05-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Born in CT, raised in MD (45 minutes outside B-more), grew up a Steelers fan. I now live in FL and have raised my daughter to be a Steelers fan (since conception). It's in her blood, and forever more it will remain, only two things rank higher....Jesus Christ and Family.