PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Talks About Tom Brady Seeing Ghosts & Danny Amendola Being Fragile

stillers4me
05-07-2013, 05:35 AM
I previously posted that Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark was a guest analyst Monday on NFL Live, and during one segment dedicated to the New England Patriots, Clark was asked to comment on them losing wide receiver Wes Welker via free agency this offseason, and how vulnerable it now makes them offensively as a result. Clark, as expected, was very straight forward in his response............

read more @
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/ryan-clarks-talks-about-tom-brady-seeing-ghost-danny-amendola-being-fragile/

Count Steeler
05-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Good for his personal career. SHUT UP as an active member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

GBMelBlount
05-07-2013, 06:51 AM
The difference man to man made against the Patriots was AMAZING.

I just hope our defense can get better pressure this year...

los923
05-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Didn't a Steelers Safety try this ploy a few years ago and got burned all game.

fansince'76
05-07-2013, 07:31 AM

Yep. EXACT same circumstances. :rolleyes:

Psycho Ward 86
05-07-2013, 11:19 AM

anthony smith guaranteed a win. ryan clark only said whats fact.

steel striker
05-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Here we go

GodfatherofSoul
05-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Absolutely the truth, Brady loves hitting spots and is one of those guys who start fidgeting when they get touched a lot. But, Clark is the WRONG GUY to make that observation. That's nothing but bulletin board material.

SteelerFanInStl
05-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Absolutely the truth, Brady loves hitting spots and is one of those guys who start fidgeting when they get touched a lot. But, Clark is the WRONG GUY to make that observation. That's nothing but bulletin board material.

Agreed. Just because it's the truth doesn't mean that you need to say it on national TV. These players need to learn how to keep quiet.

Carolina Steelers
05-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Not breaking news not just brady but every qb has trouble under pressure ie manning rodgers brees etc even ben but there is a time and place for these comments this isnt the place.

Seven
05-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Brady and Flacco are my two favorite quarterbacks to see us man up on their receivers and bring the heat against. Both get flustered and see phantom pass rushers.

fansince'76
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Agreed. Just because it's the truth doesn't mean that you need to say it on national TV. These players need to learn how to keep quiet.

Not breaking news not just brady but every qb has trouble under pressure ie manning rodgers brees etc even ben but there is a time and place for these comments this isnt the place.

He's interning as an analyst for ESPN as he's probably only got a year or two left before he retires. Calling it like he sees it is part of the job description. :noidea:

fansince'76
05-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I guess Clark needs to shut up about Troy too, then - wouldn't want to cause another "rift" in the locker room...

Troy Polamalu redefined the role for an NFL safety with his versatility and playmaking skills, but Steelers teammate Ryan Clark thinks he's only the No. 3 player at his position right now.

Clark, appearing as a guest commentator on ESPN, said he wished he could rank Polamalu ahead of Earl Thomas of Seattle and Dashon Goldson of Tampa Bay, but he can't.

Read more: Steelers’ Clark: Polamalu third-best safety in NFL
(http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3978044-74/clark-steelers-patriots#axzz2SNB189l0)

tube517
05-07-2013, 10:09 PM
He's interning as an analyst for ESPN as he's probably only got a year or two left before he retires. Calling it like he sees it is part of the job description. :noidea:

Agreed. He didn't say anything we don't already know. Pressure Brady and he gets flustered. After all, we did BEAT them the last time we played them.

When does preseason start? :yawn:

Psycho Ward 86
05-07-2013, 10:29 PM
I guess Clark needs to shut up about Troy too, then - wouldn't want to cause another "rift" in the locker room...

Read more: Steelers’ Clark: Polamalu third-best safety in NFL
(http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3978044-74/clark-steelers-patriots#axzz2SNB189l0)

what? what did he say wrong? he said he's not as effective when he's been injured the past few years. he then said he thinks he can be #1 when healthy

fansince'76
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
what? what did he say wrong?

Nothing. I was being sarcastic. :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
05-07-2013, 11:04 PM

Say it when you're getting paid to say it. There's no reason to give teams bulletin board material.

Psycho Ward 86
05-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Say it when you're getting paid to say it. There's no reason to give teams bulletin board material.

meh, some things are tough/impossible to change so late in your career. Brady's folded like a friggin chair for his entire career under a good pass rush. Its not gonna change going into his 14th season.

Kind of reminds me of when McPhee told the media that he found Tom Brady's weakness OUT LOUD (he throws all of his balls with a low trajectory, or so he says and so they are easier to swat down at the LOS if defensive players pay attention). He said that a week before the ravens and patriots were facing off in the playoffs last season because he knows he might get brady second guessing himself. Its not like brady can magically change his throwing arc a week before a big game :noidea:

fansince'76
05-07-2013, 11:35 PM

Whatever. Still much ado about nothing by a bunch of people who have nothing better to write about at the moment, as far as I'm concerned. I truly hate the offseason.

I mean, what's he supposed to do? Kiss ass? Hasn't over-the-top ballwashing helped to pretty much ruin that network already? Hell, if they get a few more people like Clark and get rid of all the assclowns like Berman (whose shtick was already tired by the late '80s), Bayless, Stephen A(sswipe) Smith and a host of others, I might just start watching it again.

Seven
05-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Whatever. Still much ado about nothing by a bunch of people who have nothing better to write about at the moment, as far as I'm concerned. I truly hate the offseason.

I mean, what's he supposed to do? Kiss ass? Hasn't over-the-top ballwashing helped to pretty much ruin that network already? Hell, if they get a few more people like Clark and get rid of all the assclowns like Berman (whose shtick was already tired by the late '80s), Bayless, Stephen A(sswipe) Smith and a host of others, I might just start watching it again.

There are a few decent analysts making their way back to the network. Clark would be one if he signed on after his playing career. Smith and Bayless are the absolute worst offenders. There are a couple of bloggers at ESPN who know what they are talking about but they really don't get any play on TV outside of two minute call-in bits on Sportscenter and other bigger shows. It seems to me most of ESPN's better content (there isn't a lot of it) is available for free online.

Unfortunately for me, ESPN is just about the only thing I ever have on the TV. I don't have cable/dish and haven't even bothered to get a digital antenna because I really wouldn't watch anything other than the Steelers and I always watch it at my dad's or the bar when a game is on anyway. But the ESPN app on the Xbox is very potent and plays most or at least a lot of ESPN's regular programming a few hours or sometimes a day after it airs so I pretty much always have that on just as background noise. So I get a lot of exposure to that network just by default of wanting something to watch I guess. At this point at least, I'll turn that on before I'd consider listening to The Fan. Not exactly sure I'd call that a compliment though :chuckle:

steel striker
05-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Kind of like what Joey Porter said once I'm a grown man and, it's time start telling the truth I'm tired of lying to everyone.

Spike
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Steelers’ Clark: Polamalu third-best safety in NFL

That high?

Troy should be in a special category - for those players that only play half the games or less every year.

stillers4me
05-08-2013, 04:45 PM

The game is on tape. (or whatever they use now).

We stepped on Tommy and Belicheats wee wees and didn't let up the whole game.

It was awesome.

TomlinSteelTribe
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I think Clark is just stating the obvious, rather than "letting the cat out of the bag." I'm sure Beli-boy and Tom are aware that man coverage beat them last game. As some others have said: every QB is rattled by pressure. No time = bad decisions, nervous feet, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the offseason smack talk, but I at least have some faith that Clark can back it up. Anthony Smith made those comments when he had no right to. What had he done up to that point? Clark has steadily improved and is now one of our best defensive players.

With how the Pats continuously adapt their offense, it's hard to say the trend will continue, but they did keep Gronk in to block a lot more last season... If our pass rush can force them into a max protect scenario, we're in good shape.

Pass rush and O-line. These two aspects are the keys to our success in '13. No doubt in my mind.

Just as a rambling sidenote: the LB coach talked some during a draft interview about missing Aaron Smith. I think we'd all agree. Back when Smith and Big Snack were taking up 4 blockers between them, it was easy to have a dominating pass rush. Hood and/or Heyward need to step up this season.