PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell: No decision yet on final length of Ben Roethlisberger's suspension

siss
08-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Roger Goodell: No decision yet on final length of Ben Roethlisberger's suspension

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday he has not made a final decision about how long Ben Roethlisberger's suspension will last and that he intends to meet with the Steelers QB again.

Goodell banned Roethlisberger for 4-6 games in April for a violation of the league's personal-conduct policy. He said he would consider the smaller four-game ban if Roethlisberger adhered to the terms of the punishment that included a behavioral adjustment program.

Roethlisberger has since completed behavioral counseling and apologized for what he said was "dumb" and "immature" behavior. Goodell told the NFL Network he thinks fans in Pittsburgh might welcome Roethlisberger back if he shows remorse and tries to made amends.

"People understand when they make mistakes as long as you acknowledged your mistake and you're trying to deal with it, I think the fans will support you. And I think they'll support Ben as long as he's serious about making decisions going forward."

Steelers fans received Roethlisberger warmly at training camp last weekend. Goodell vowed he'd talk with Roethlisberger soon to discuss the length of the suspension:

"I'll meet with Ben before the start of the season. We'll make a determination then."

-- Sean Leahy
:yell::yell::censored::censored::bs:

Killer
08-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Reduce it to 1-2 games, max.

Then we can talk.

X-Terminator
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Will the owners PLEASE fire this nimrod?

SteelerSal
08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
How much longer does he have to wait until he makes a final decision? It's one thing to punish the player but he is punishing the whole team the longer Goodell waits.

zulater
08-03-2010, 03:31 PM
How much longer does he have to wait until he makes a final decision? It's one thing to punish the player but he is punishing the whole team the longer Goodell waits.

Goodell loves the stage this suspension provided, he'll milk it for all it's worth to further his own star. Remember after making the suspension originally Goodell went out on the town for a very public dinner and accepted congragulations from all comers. It's an ego stroke for the shithead.

zulater
08-03-2010, 03:33 PM
If the suspension isn't reduced Ben needs to go to the Union, and then after them he should go to appelate court. Asuming Ben is innocent of any criminal wrongdoing he needs to start defending his rights before Goodell abuses them any further.

Shea
08-03-2010, 03:40 PM
He'll be back after 4 games, he's just stringing along his message to Ben in an effort to make sure he gets "it".

And I believe Ben does.

siss
08-03-2010, 03:44 PM
He'll be back after 4 games, he's just stringing along his message to Ben in an effort to make sure he gets "it".

And I believe Ben does.
I guess part of me is glad he isn't giving Ben an inch and keeping him on his toes, on the other hand he is keeping the entire steeler team on a string.

SMR
08-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Then we can talk.

I agree. Who does Goodell think he is?! :yell: :censored:

Kaeg
08-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't sneeze, Ben! Or it will be at least 6 for sure!

solardave
08-03-2010, 04:32 PM

Then we can talk.

Better still, lift it completely or punish some of these other guys carrying guns around and fighting just to show some sense of fairness. Oh I forgot we're talking about Goodell.

solardave
08-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Goodell loves the stage this suspension provided, he'll milk it for all it's worth to further his own star. Remember after making the suspension originally Goodell went out on the town for a very public dinner and accepted congragulations from all comers. It's an ego stroke for the shithead.

You got that right!!!

WindyCitySteelerFan
08-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Its enough already, I mean, the guy wasn't even charged with anything.. Meanwhile, Vick is getting people shot at his birthday party, and not even a slap on the wrist.

I dunno.. I always thought he should've fought harder, 4 games, down to 2 is more reasonable, even that is silly, since .. well, no charges and all.

SirHulka
08-04-2010, 01:46 AM
If I remember correctly, Rooney is on the committee that sets the commissioner's salary. And Goodell met with Rooney before he met with Roethlisberger. I hate to throw a bomb into all this Goodell hate, but don't you think there is a possibility that ROONEY is calling the shots on the suspension, and not Goodell? Rooney can't suspend #7 for 6 games, but the commish can. To me, it looks like this is Rooney giving Ben a lesson, not Goodell. And it'll go down to four. Let's see, that would make his first game back against the Browns, wouldn't it? Anyone want to bet that game won't be on national TV?