PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Rookie Camp – Report Suggest LB Jarvis Jones Needs Some Girth

stillers4me
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM
The first day of rookie camp for the Pittsburgh Steelers has come and gone and several members of the media are now weighing in with their thoughts after observing the Friday practice.

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that first-round draft pick Jarvis Jones appeared to him to be undersized and that has been one of my own concerns all along about the former Georgia linebacker.

"First-round pick Jarvis Jones looked tremendously undersized especially compared to Woodley and Jason Worilds," writes Kaboly. "Now, his speed, that’s just fine. Jones showed that off a couple times in getting around tackle Mike Farrell, but my goodness he needs to put on some girth."..........

read more @
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/steelers-2013-rookie-camp-report-suggest-lb-jarvis-jones-needs-some-girth/

Count Steeler
05-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Put him on the Ziggy Hood/Big Snack hybrid training regime.

Drazo85
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Many rookies have weight concerns when they are entering the NFL. Most of them are sheding some of the weight so that they post better results at pro days and combine (40, vertical, broad and so on). Quality workout regime can fix that fairly quickly. When the season starts they are going to be just fine.

SteelerFanInStl
05-03-2013, 05:53 PM
All LBers look undersized compared to oversized Woodley. :lol:

steelreserve
05-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Jones is listed at 245, so what the hell is anyone concerned about? Not every linebacker has to be some 265-pound giant; some are perfectly effective playing at 220 and anywhere in between. If that's his natural body size and the weight he plays well at, don't fuck with it.

Bluecoat96
05-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Look at Von Miller. He sure as heck isn't even as big as Jarvis supposedly is. I'd say he's done ok with his career in the NFL up to this point.

Shoes
05-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Jones is listed at 245, so what the hell is anyone concerned about? Not every linebacker has to be some 265-pound giant; some are perfectly effective playing at 220 and anywhere in between. If that's his natural body size and the weight he plays well at, don't fuck with it.

Exactly....

Craic
05-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Come on, guys, we all know how to read into this code . . . what they really meant to say was:

We are reporting on the first and second round draft picks, and at this point, are going with the "undersized" angle. This way, by the time the season is half way over, if they are not starting, we can call them a bust and point back to these articles. Just more "say everything and then only quote what was right" reporting, move along now.

When does the season begin again?

GBMelBlount
05-03-2013, 10:50 PM
All LBers look undersized compared to oversized Woodley. :lol:

"Tremendously Undersized" at 245?

He MUST have been next to Woodley. LOL.

Spike
05-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Boy they are small. Now, maybe that’s because I am used to seeing mammoths like LaMarr Woodley

BWAhahaha.....he called him a Mammoth

245 is not small, and no, I don't want him on the Woodley / Big Snack training diet either...leave him alone