PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

zulater
06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
For all depressed Pens fans they're showing game 7 Cup clincher over Wings from 09 on NHL network right now.

Spike
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Kings come back with a gutsy win...score the first goal and anything can happen. Quick made some huge saves.

Spike
06-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Perhaps I spoke too soon. Look, the way I see it, either you're a fan or you ain't.

:penguinsflag:

rah rah siss boom bah - hike up your skirt if you're gonna wave them pom-poms around here!

Spike
06-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Vokoun tells it like it is...

“They are too good of a team to try to outscore. They're not going to let you do that. Every time we beat them this year, it was a tight-checking game. We were going to use a 1-0 or 2-1 mentality. We didn't do a very good job of staying focused tonight.”

Vokoun believes too many Penguins are attempting to win the game on their own. Some teamwork, he believes, could go a long way as opposed to individualism.

“We've got to change our mindset,” he said. “Play differently. We have to stay focused on our game plan. That means you play for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, we gave up the first goal in both games. At that point, everyone tries to do it on their own. That just doesn't work.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4131159-74/game-fleury-vokoun#axzz2VLP6puOq

salamander
06-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Vokoun tells it like it is...

“They are too good of a team to try to outscore. They're not going to let you do that. Every time we beat them this year, it was a tight-checking game. We were going to use a 1-0 or 2-1 mentality. We didn't do a very good job of staying focused tonight.”

Vokoun believes too many Penguins are attempting to win the game on their own. Some teamwork, he believes, could go a long way as opposed to individualism.

“We've got to change our mindset,” he said. “Play differently. We have to stay focused on our game plan. That means you play for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, we gave up the first goal in both games. At that point, everyone tries to do it on their own. That just doesn't work.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4131159-74/game-fleury-vokoun#axzz2VLP6puOq

Let's hope the other guys on the team listen.

Spike
06-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Inspirational music time

http://www.schreibdog.com/ourfinesthour.jpg

Spike
06-05-2013, 12:26 PM
It's a miracle!

Vokoun to start for Penguins

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424792

vader29
06-05-2013, 02:46 PM
:lol:

http://i.minus.com/ibvyc5bUI9VLX2.gif

Spike
06-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Pens in 6 - or else you are a fucking fairweather bandwagon whore

zulater
06-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Pens in 6 - or else you are a fucking fairweather bandwagon whore

I'd gladly setlle for 7 if you offered it to me today.

Count Steeler
06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Is it mere coincidence that 1 is 92 and the other is 29? One a righty and one a lefty? Mirror images? Thats the problem.

Spike
06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
I'd gladly setlle for 7 if you offered it to me today.

is that one of them Popeye, Wimpy hamburger paraphrase quotes?

I approve

Polamalu Princess
06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Pain, pain and just more pain - come on Pens!!!!

zulater
06-05-2013, 08:13 PM
At least they're still in it. They could easily be down 2 or 3 goals already.

salamander
06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Rask is stopping EVERYTHING.

zulater
06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Rask is stopping EVERYTHING.

Yeah, they're actually putting some good chances on net, but the bruins always have the answer.

Polamalu Princess
06-05-2013, 08:28 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salamander
06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
It's a miracle! We scored!

7SteelGal43
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
rah rah siss boom bah - hike up your skirt if you're gonna wave them pom-poms around here!

I don't wear skirts. The only thing I wave is a terrible towel. And I stand by my post.

salamander
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't wear skirts. The only thing I wave is a terrible towel. And I stand by my post.

Note to self: don't ever mess with SteelGal. :peep: :chuckle:

7SteelGal43
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Note to self: don't ever mess with SteelGal. :peep: :chuckle:

:buttkick: :lol:

salamander
06-05-2013, 08:40 PM
:buttkick: :lol:

As the radio guy for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pens always says, it's on like Donkey Kong! :lol: :lol:

zulater
06-05-2013, 08:41 PM

What's wrong with skirts!? A good woman can kick ass in a skirt!

7SteelGal43
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
in an effort to get this thread back on track....

LET'S GO PENS ! ! !

salamander
06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
in an effort to get this thread back on track....

LET'S GO PENS ! ! !

Here, here!

:penguinsflag:

zulater
06-05-2013, 08:51 PM
The decision to start Vokoun certainly can't be faulted.

zulater
06-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Need to kill this off. :pray:

zulater
06-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Need to kill this off. :pray:

and again.

zulater
06-05-2013, 09:35 PM
2 damn posts this period!! C'mon hockey God's give us some luck! :pray:

bayz101
06-05-2013, 09:37 PM
2 damn posts this period!! C'mon hockey God's give us some luck! :pray:

I'm new to hockey, and if this post shit keeps happening, i'm not sure my heart can handle this. :chuckle:

zulater
06-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Pens had a strong period there. If we can win this one in OT then we can take momentum into game 4. But first we've got to win this one! :pray:

- - - Updated - - -

The Pens were the better team in the 2nd and 3rd period. Hopefully they will be in the OT and get one past Rusk.

stillers4me
06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Oh dear God double overtime..................

SCSTILLER
06-05-2013, 11:17 PM
When does the NFL preseason begin?

zulater
06-05-2013, 11:21 PM
The Pens were the better team tonight, not that it does them any fucking good. :frusty: Too bad they didn't play with the same energy in Pittsburgh. Maybe they would have won one? Regardless Rusk is too in the zone. They just can't beat him and that's why their season is over.

Seven
06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Fuck Rask.

zulater
06-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Fuck Rask.

He's never been this good before and he never wil be again. Just one of those things, he's so in the zone, he literally can't be beat. Next series he'll play like a shit sack no doubt.

Seven
06-05-2013, 11:34 PM
He's never been this good before and he never wil be again. Just one of those things, he's so in the zone, he literally can't be beat. Next series he'll play like a shit sack no doubt.

Couldn't agree more. And that's why it is so damn frustrating. He's looked like a clown most of the year and now all of a sudden he's unstoppable. Almost seems unfair.

zulater
06-05-2013, 11:42 PM
https://vine.co/v/bLBlIX2M3Bq

https://vine.co/v/bLBlIX2M3Bq

Here's the hook Jagr used on Malkin to set up the game winner.

Got him under the left arm. Blatant! Flagrant! And he uses the hook to steal the puck and set up the game winner. :frusty:

Instead of a pp for the Pens they get a 2 -1 down low. :upyours:

X-Terminator
06-05-2013, 11:49 PM
It's the Pens' own damn fault. Don't blame Rask - if the Pens had come to play from the drop of the puck in game 1, it's a different series.

Good job Dan, waiting 3 games to finally get that bunch of coddled "stars" to understand what playoff hockey is. Hope you enjoy collecting unemployment.

Trade Fleury, Letang and Malkin for guys who can actually play at both ends of rink.

Hire Torts. Time to stop coddling egos.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Seven
06-05-2013, 11:53 PM
It's the Pens' own damn fault. Don't blame Rask - if the Pens had come to play from the drop of the puck in game 1, it's a different series.

Good job Dan, waiting 3 games to finally get that bunch of coddled "stars" to understand what playoff hockey is. Hope you enjoy collecting unemployment.

Trade Fleury, Letang and Malkin for guys who can actually play at both ends of rink.

Oh I don't know. They put a lot of solid shots on goal. Even in game one. And I can understand your criticism of Malkin and Fluery but Letang? I think he's played an okay series. I agree with your assessment of the coaching though. We need a guy who doesn't give a shit about the names on the back of jerseys.

- - - Updated - - -

If Rask wasn't playing out of his mind I think we could easily be up in this series. Not an excuse, he is playing this well therefore we need to elevate our performance, too. Just saying I guess.

zulater
06-05-2013, 11:58 PM

Torts? No way in hell.

It was a bad beat no doubt.and a coaching change is in order. But not a complete restructure of the team. Just take what you got and make them play more responsibly

zulater
06-06-2013, 05:38 AM
As a change of pace maybe they can bring up the entire Wilke's Barr team to play game 4. Fresh legs and all, and couldn't do any worse than the "A" team.:sick:

I'm kidding. But this is frustrating to watch a team lose their season like this.

Games 1 and 3 the Pens could have won either or both. Just the bounces didn't quite go their way. Game 2 was inexcusable and it's because of that game the Pens have left themselves virtually no chance to come back in this series.

Spike
06-06-2013, 05:52 AM
wasn't meant to be - not a single bounce the whole series

maybe Disco should have had them working on their PP instead of giving them a week off

X-Terminator
06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Torts? No way in hell.

It was a bad beat no doubt.and a coaching change is in order. But not a complete restructure of the team. Just take what you got and make them play more responsibly

At this point, I'd keep Crosby, Neal, Vokoun, Dupuis, Bennett and Engelland. The rest of them can go take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, hire Torts. Someone who will kick them in the ass instead of kissing their asses like Bylsma does. He is not the right coach for this team, period.

oneforthetoe
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm going to take some time from the end of the season before I decide if they should clean house. I can't see any reason to get rid of Geno. He did not play that poorly this series. Sid was at least as bad in game two. And. Geno played well last night. That said, we definitely need a defensive minded upper level defensemen on this team. How we fit that player into the cap is a bigger question. If Mario pulls the plug on Dan, I would not blame him or be surprised. He will get a another job somewhere I think.

Goalie is a difficult situation. Contrary to what was said earlier by some, we do need a top notch goalie. Vokoun could be a stop gap, but not long term. I hate that we will give up on Flower, but how can you trust him in the playoffs again with a Cup contender? Of course, when we come back from 3 down to win the series all of this changes. ;)

GBMelBlount
06-06-2013, 02:14 PM
I went to bed after the first over time. I cannot believe that puck hit the cross bar with 3-4 minutes left in regulation.

They don't look anything like they did the prior two series.

Sad, really.

steelerdude15
06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Well, tonight could be the final game of the season for the Pens or they could extend their life a little by winning. I think we'll see a lot of fight tonight. I hope I'm right and I'm hoping they win. Lets go Pens!

Spike
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
2 goals in 3 games is pathetic

grow a spine boys and not look like complete pussies and win 1 game at least

KeiselPower99
06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
2 goals in 3 games and nothing from Crosby and Malkin is inexcusable. I think for some reason we win tonight.

The WH
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
If the Pens can get back to Pittsburgh, they'll get back to Boston.

If there is a team that can win 4 games in a row. It's the Pittsburgh Penguins. They're just the Bruins, not the 80's Oilers.

stillers4me
06-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Will Sid and Geno make cameo appearances on tonights episode of "As The Penguins Choke" ?

zulater
06-07-2013, 05:52 PM
If the Pens can get back to Pittsburgh, they'll get back to Boston.

If there is a team that can win 4 games in a row. It's the Pittsburgh Penguins. They're just the Bruins, not the 80's Oilers.

I'm not as confident as you, but you know what? I'm not throwing in the towel either. So as long as there's life in the body I'm enjoying the show.

Go Pens!:penguinsflag:

X-Terminator
06-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, you go right ahead and enjoy that "show." Me? I'm just counting down the hours until Bylsma gets his pink slip, and the "dream team" of abject failures gets blown up.

zulater
06-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Well, you go right ahead and enjoy that "show." Me? I'm just counting down the hours until Bylsma gets his pink slip, and the "dream team" of abject failures gets blown up.

Do you actually derive any enjoyment from sports, or do you just get a rush from winning?

X-Terminator
06-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Do you actually derive any enjoyment from sports, or do you just get a rush from winning?

I think the last time I actually got enjoyment from sports was watching the Steelers win Super Bowl 43 despite having the toughest schedule in NFL history that season. Why? Because that team had HEART and DESIRE, 2 things this Penguins team full of coddled "stars" do not have. You want to know why I'm always hard on the Penguins? THAT is why. If they brought it every night, played hard every night, and played up to there considerable potential, I would very rarely complain. So blame them. Not me.

EDIT: I will throw in the Pens' 2009 team, that Michel Therrien actually coached to the title. Again, because that team had heart and desire in spades compared to this bunch of bums. They were determined to win the Cup, and no one was going to stop them.

venom
06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Good Luck tonight from this Rangers fan

zulater
06-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Honestly there are higher forces at work here that don't want the Pens to win. And no I'm not talking about the league or refs, I mean something supernatural! Like there's a voo doo curse on the Penguins sticks that wont allow them to score a gaol or get the lead. Except for game 2 their play has been equal or better than the Bruins overall. But they just have forgot how to fucking score! :frusty:

- - - Updated - - -

The Bruins could be on a 2 man disadvantage for 5 minutes and the Pens wouldn't score.

Polamalu Princess
06-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Come on Pens! We can still do this!!!!

zulater
06-07-2013, 08:45 PM
The last 90 seconds of that period was the best cycling we've seen by the Pens front liners since the series started. Hopefully it's the start of a rally!

zulater
06-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Good night Irene. Game set match! Pens score 2 goals in 4 games. I would have never thought it possible. Blysma better be fired! He's a total zero who did nothing more than cash in on Therrian's groundwork.:upyours:

Seven
06-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Blysma better be fired! He's a total zero who did nothing more than cash in on Therrian's groundwork.:upyours:

I had been a Bylsma defender for a long time but I actually agree with this after this season.

GBMelBlount
06-07-2013, 09:26 PM
The complete meltdown is completely bizarre.

The talent is there...

X-Terminator
06-07-2013, 09:36 PM
I had been a Bylsma defender for a long time but I actually agree with this after this season.

He should have been fired after last season. It's clear that he is a regular-season coach only - he has no idea how to coach in the postseason. Run and gun, all-offensive hockey does not work in the postseason, because the good defensive teams will shut it down every time. He doesn't know how to make in-game adjustments, juggles his lines and D combinations way too much, and his lineup decisions leave me scratching my head. There needs to be a coaching change along with an entire philosophy change, from management on down. They handle the players with kid gloves, and then they wonder why they fail when the going gets tough?

86WARD
06-07-2013, 09:44 PM
At no point were the Pens the better team in this series. Utter domination...lol.

polamalubeast
06-07-2013, 09:44 PM
2 goal in 4 games.....

stillers4me
06-07-2013, 09:52 PM
2 goal in 4 games.....

the highest scoring team in the NHL couldn't score witha Kardashian in thes series.

Count Steeler
06-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Dallas Eakin is getting a lot of interest for some coaching gigs. Wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with this line up.

Bylsma has to go.

KeiselPower99
06-07-2013, 09:55 PM
How long before heads start rolling?

Count Steeler
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
How long before heads start rolling?

Sunrise.

X-Terminator
06-07-2013, 10:02 PM
The only thing I want to see by the middle of next week...

Dan Bylsma...

http://i.imgur.com/Pl3Xz.gif

Spike
06-07-2013, 10:03 PM
34 years since the last time the Pens were swept

2 goals in the entire series

Your move Mario

oneforthetoe
06-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Thank you Tomas Vokoun, for playing your heart out.

stillers4me
06-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Thank you Tomas Vokoun, for playing your heart out.

Ditto. #notyourfaultTomas

Chidi29
06-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Going to be in the total minority of saying Bylsma should stay. At least another year. Still tons of consistent success, it's not as if we failed to make the playoffs. Had a nearly historic streak going on this year and went to the Finals.

Would liken this to firing George Karl.

X-Terminator
06-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Going to be in the total minority of saying Bylsma should stay. At least another year. Still tons of consistent success, it's not as if we failed to make the playoffs. Had a nearly historic streak going on this year and went to the Finals.

Sorry, but if you can't win the Cup with this much talent, you deserve to be fired. Ray Shero gave him everything he needed and he still failed miserably.

zulater
06-07-2013, 11:02 PM

If George Karl had Lebron James and Carmello Anthoney and kept losing in the playoffs then it would be the same.

Chidi29
06-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I know I'm not going to change your minds so I really won't bother much. But Blysma has had a ton of success every year. At least give it another full season with this cast.

Seven
06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
At least give it another full season with this cast.

I know you're not looking for a debate, but I just have to point out that I've heard that for the past two years now. And believe me, I sympathize with you; I don't want to let a coach who has shown so much promise go either. But there comes a time when the call for "one more year" has to fall on deaf ears. For me, that time is now.

Edman
06-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Flame Out in Four. What a disappointing series. Going in expecting 6-7 games and it's over in a few days.

It's one thing to lose the series, but to not even show up (2 Goals in Four Games) is an even bigger joke. Gutless effort by the Pens. I know the B's are a tough team, but really guys? This is the best you can do?

86WARD
06-08-2013, 06:07 AM
If you want to fire Blysma, you should probably want to release Malkin, Letang and Crosby for coming up empty. Especially Crosby...the 4th player in history not to register a point in a playoff series after finishing in the top 3 in points in the regular season.

Mike Wallace-esque!

Count Steeler
06-08-2013, 07:04 AM
I know I'm not going to change your minds so I really won't bother much. But Blysma has had a ton of success every year. At least give it another full season with this cast.

Don't think the salary cap will allow it. I have heard that the cap is going to come down by about 10mil next season.

GBMelBlount
06-08-2013, 07:41 AM
It was about as colossal a choke I have ever seen.

I gotta say hats off to Boston.

They were gutsy, composed and played like a team.

I hope they win it all. They deserve it imo.

Spike
06-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Don't think the salary cap will allow it. I have heard that the cap is going to come down by about 10mil next season.

Not quite - 2012 - Salary cap: $70.2 million

2013-2014 salary ceiling: .................64,300,000

Pens have 18 players signed...it's gonna be tight

Projected cap spending: ...................$56,423,333
Projected cap space: ........................$7,876,667

http://www.capgeek.com/

Malkin, Letang, Kunitz, Jokinen, Sutter, Orpik, and Niskanen are all signed through 2013-14. Fleury is signed through 2014-15.

Iginla, Morrow, Murray, Cooke, Dupuis, Eaton and Adams are all UFA

TK and Jeffrey are RFA

venom
06-08-2013, 08:57 AM
This ain't good

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/pittsburgh_loss_may_be_rangers_gain_XROHOyjYM0o0mI odY9sL9H

Spike
06-08-2013, 09:14 AM
If we could get Tippett I'd drive Disco to NYC myself.

stillers4me
06-08-2013, 09:15 AM
This ain't good

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/pittsburgh_loss_may_be_rangers_gain_XROHOyjYM0o0mI odY9sL9H

If he's so bad, then who cares where he ends up.

fansince'76
06-08-2013, 09:19 AM
If he's so bad, then who cares where he ends up.

Venom does - he's a Rangers fan. :chuckle:

stillers4me
06-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Venom does - he's a Rangers fan. :chuckle:

Gotcha! :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to "it's not the coaches fault if the players don't execute", otherwise known as the "Arians Saga".

:stirthepot:

Count Steeler
06-08-2013, 10:08 AM
It's a cliche, but there is truth, Defense wins championships.

vader29
06-08-2013, 11:35 AM
If you want to fire Blysma, you should probably want to release Malkin, Letang and Crosby for coming up empty. Especially Crosby...the 4th player in history not to register a point in a playoff series after finishing in the top 3 in points in the regular season.

Mike Wallace-esque!
In that series it felt more like the way Bonds, Bonilla and Van Slyke disappeared in the playoffs. :(

Spike
06-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Gonchar just got traded by Ottawa, signed with the Stars - 2 years - $10M

offensive defensivemen won't come cheap - free agency begins July 5th this year

Spike
06-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Hawks are taking it to Quick - 2-0 in the 1st

Spike
06-09-2013, 12:08 AM
a thriller

Kane with the 4-3 2OT hat trick winner - now that's how a superstar shows up for a game.

Bost/Chi it is.

Devilsdancefloor
06-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Hawks tried to give me a heart attack, but bring on Bahston! http://i39.tinypic.com/ehr9z.gif

oneforthetoe
06-09-2013, 01:28 AM
From Official LA Kings Twitter.:

LA Kings ‏@LAKings 2h

@penguins you guys wanna grab a drink later?

Misery love company I suppose.

stillers4me
06-09-2013, 08:45 AM
From Official LA Kings Twitter.:

LA Kings ‏@LAKings 2h

@penguins you guys wanna grab a drink later?

Misery love company I suppose.

You beat me to it!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005569_593010654067059_281538361_n.jpg

zulater
06-09-2013, 08:56 AM
So that leaves Bylsma, who has entered three of the past four postseasons fortified with an almost unfair array of talent and has done next to nothing with it.
His players routinely become unglued at critical moments. His special teams — both units or just one — fail spectacularly at some point each spring, never more so than in the adjustment-less power play's 0-for-15 showing against Boston.
Bylsma is not tough enough on his stars, who too often play an undisciplined brand of hockey that filters through the lineup. His sternest messages are saved for the likes of Tyler Kennedy and Simon Despres, the latter of whom is a top-four talent who should have been groomed for playoff action.
Instead, Despres was jerked in and out of the lineup all season and was unprepared for high-stakes competition.
Young players are buried in Bylsma's system, a system that features too much risk. The ultimate Bylsma puck retrieval, for example, calls for multiple touch passes before a direct delivery to the center speeding up the middle. Gorgeous when it works. An opponent's scoring chance when it doesn't.
Still, Bylsma obviously is a good coach. He'd be hired within minutes if fired here. The real question is whether he's the right coach for this franchise.
Nobody can take away the fabulous job he did in 2009, but it's instructive to remember that Bylsma had not yet fully implemented his ideas. Rather, he expertly tweaked Michel Therrien's system.
This is how then-assistant GM Chuck Fletcher described it: “Michel Therrien did a terrific job bringing accountability, a sense of defensive responsibility and structure. ... Dan was able to come in and open up the spigot a bit, if you will.”
In subsequent years, that spigot often unleashed a glorious waterfall of goals. Slowly, though, the defensive foundation rotted away. Bylsma tried to restore it this season. He vowed to learn from last year's shellacking, and his team delivered spurts of excellent defense.
But the Penguins fell in love with their reflection again in the romp over Ottawa — and then ran into a club maniacally dedicated to preventing goals.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/4144842-74/bylsma-goals-game#ixzz2Vj9VEmO6
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Spike
06-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Hawks tried to give me a heart attack, but bring on Bahston! http://i39.tinypic.com/ehr9z.gif

this should be a good series - up&down the ice

zulater
06-09-2013, 10:48 AM
this should be a good series - up&down the ice

I don't know if it's going to be a good series or not, but it's what the league wants.

Look, the Bruins are a very good, very tough and extremely strong-willed group that has used the NHL’s vanishing standards of officiating to their benefit. And why wouldn’t they?

The playoffs in both conferences have been dominated by the holding, hooking, and off-the-puck fouling the league once vowed to eradicate, but now accepts as a matter of unstated policy, with the amount of legal interference increasing incrementally by the round.

Perhaps there is a phone call or a memo from Gary Bettman to Colin Campbell on the subject the NSA might be able to provide us with.

It’s mind-numbing, the volume of 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 games. In 2003 and 2004, the two years before Owners’ Lockout II produced new-era rules to open up the game in conjunction with the imposition of the hard salary cap, there were a total of 40 games in which the winning team scored two goals or fewer.

Over the last two years, through Friday night, there have been 45 games in which the winning team failed to score as many as three goals, and, no, not all of them involved the Rangers.

Yes, it is true, you can have a truly great 2-1 game, as was Game 7 of the Rangers-Devils epochal 1994 Eastern finals. But not 45 of them, not when they’re played every night, not when there is no space on the ice and no time in which to use it, not when no one can score.

There have been moments of high drama, but few instances of sustained interest. And too many botched calls to believe they’re primarily a matter of omission rather than an issue of policy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fired_up_reF8AjV9HXqj8j5rQV0WHN

stillers4me
06-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins‏@penguins1m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins/status/343792245415215104)
“Players need to execute. Only so much your coach can do. He doesn’t go out & play. We’re more than responsible for not finding a way”-87

Spike
06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
more pot stirring

Sources: Pens’ chairman Lemieux may order ouster of coach Bylsma

The call on Dan Bylsma’s future behind the Penguins’ bench may not be Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero’s to make.

Several individuals within the industry have told Slap Shots Penguins chairman Mario Lemieux, distressed by his team’s fourth straight failure to get out of the Eastern Conference after consecutive trips to the Finals in 2008 and 2009, the latter culminating with a Stanley Cup victory, may instruct Shero to dismiss the coach.

There already is chatter out of Pittsburgh about how the Penguins failed to “adapt” or “adjust” to the Bruins in the Eastern finals sweep — during which they never held the lead, were limited to two goals overall and were shut out on the power play. All those areas generally are the purview of the coaching staff.

Someone likely is to pay for the debacle that followed a series of moves at the trade deadline in which Pittsburgh sacrificed four draft picks and three prospects to acquire rental properties Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray, not one of whom came close to making a difference once the Penguins stepped up in class.

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury all but certainly will become someone else’s reclamation project following a fourth straight subpar playoff performance and second consecutive tournament meltdown.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fired_up_reF8AjV9HXqj8j5rQV0WHN

stillers4me
06-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins‏@penguins2m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins/status/343799681249325057)
“Wife & kids love it here. I have friends away from hockey that I want to be part of their lives too. I want to be back here” -Pascal Dupuis

- - - Updated - - -

Pens Inside Scoop‏@PensInsideScoop13m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/PensInsideScoop/status/343797197885800448)
Random observation from today: Almost didn't recognize anyone without facial hair and with haircuts. Playoff beards are gone, sadly -MC

- - - Updated - - -

Pittsburgh Penguins‏@penguins13m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins/status/343797175932833792)
“It’s been very positive & would be open (to re-signing). Even though we didn’t win, it was a great experience.” –Jarome Iginla

- - - Updated - - -

Pittsburgh Penguins‏@penguins19m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins/status/343795894950432768)
“Everything’s good w my jaw. It’s healed, no issues. I could prob use a few teeth but other than that it’s good”—87 (getting temp teeth tmw)

- - - Updated - - -

Pens Initiative ‏@PensInitiative57m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/PensInitiative/status/343786735580360704)
Bylsma says Fleury is the No. 1 goalie moving forward

Ok. I get it. Fire him!

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Yohe‏@JoshYohe_Trib1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/343784997343338497)
Bylsma admits Jokinen was acquired largely because team didn't know when Sid was coming back.

stillers4me
06-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Joe Starkey‏@JoeStarkey11h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/JoeStarkey1/status/343784931526328320)
Bylsma -- Vokoun backup role wont change 'cause Marc-Andre Fleurys gonna be in there winning hockey games'

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343784435470184448)
Paraphrashing Bylsma on Vokoun: He won't get chance in playoffs next year because "Marc-Andre Fleury will be in net winning games for us."

- - - Updated - - -

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343782808394797057)
I asked Bylsma (yet again) about usage of Iginla: Basically answer was that this was how he "fit best with out team." #TribHKY (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23TribHKY&src=hash)

- - - Updated - - -

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343782177735077888)
Bylsma: Paul Martin had "significant injury" past few games. Everyone else "bumps and bruises." #TribHKY (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23TribHKY&src=hash)

- - - Updated - - -

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343781723223502848)
Bylsma, asked if assured of returning: "At this point, I haven't had an conversations with Ray Shero."

- - - Updated - - -

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343777904271978496)
Crosby adamant he'll have no influence in offseason decisions: "I don't feel like that's my job." #TribHKY (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23TribHKY&src=hash)

- - - Updated - - -

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343773015600926720)
Iginla VERY much sounds like he wants to return. Believes still top-six forward but wouldn't demand that role. #TribHKY (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23TribHKY&src=hash)

- - - Updated - - -

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic2h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/343772066710953985)
No matter how many different ways u ask the question, Jarome Iginla just never complains about his usage: "I'm happy to be here."

vader29
06-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Flyers take Penguins playoff loss out of spotlight with tweet. :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMV0ViHCUAA4bh6.jpg:large

Spike
06-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 19m
Bylsma: Bennett will be a top-six forward, Despres a top-four defenseman next season. #TribHKY

So you had a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 forward sitting in the pressbox for most if not all of the playoffs

brilliant!

X-Terminator
06-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Come on Mario. Even though I'm still pissed at you for neutering the team after the Isles brawl 2 years ago, you can get me 100% back on your side if you force Shero to fire Bylsma. It was clear after last season that he needed to go...it should be a no-brainer now. To retain him means you are happy with failure, and I KNOW you aren't like that.

Spike
06-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Bylsma: ‘Fleury is our No. 1 goalie’

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/343782820843507713

-----------------

pack them both up on a slow boat to China

zulater
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Bylsma: ‘Fleury is our No. 1 goalie’

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/343782820843507713

-----------------

pack them both up on a slow boat to China

In the regular season Fleury is a great goalie. In fact given how great he is in shootouts I don't know if there's a goalie who the Penguins could ride to more points in the regular season.

But as a playoff goalie he's been sub par four straight postseasons. I don't know how you can have any faith in him going foward if you're a team with Stanley cup aspirations?

Put Fleury on a team like florida that isn't supposed to make the playoffs every year and he's most likely excell in the postseason with lower expectations on the team as a whole.

Chidi29
06-09-2013, 07:39 PM
In the regular season Fleury is a great goalie. In fact given how great he is in shootouts I don't know if there's a goalie who the Penguins could ride to more points in the regular season.

But as a playoff goalie he's been sub par four straight postseasons. I don't know how you can have any faith in him going foward if you're a team with Stanley cup aspirations?

Put Fleury on a team like florida that isn't supposed to make the playoffs every year and he's most likely excell in the postseason with lower expectations on the team as a whole.

I agree with what you're saying but that's a really tough line to walk as a coach, no?

Have a guy that can help take your team to the playoff but falter once it starts? Or rely on someone else who will be an unknown in the regular season.

Count Steeler
06-09-2013, 07:58 PM
It's not just the goalie. It is the playing style. Run and gun just doesn't cut it in the playoffs. Without a solid defense, you need a Quick or Rask to save games. The Bruins not only stopped the Pens from scoring, but exposed vulnerabilities on defense. Especially the first 2 games.

Spike
06-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Flyers are already over the salary cap - they will have to purge

We'll take Schenn and Couturier for Letang.

McKenzie: Flyers may be really busy this summer

@TSNBobMcKenzie PHI is in market for D and may be willing to move one of their young centres - B Schenn or Couturier - for the right deal.--I expect PHI is likely to use compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov.

As for moving either Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier for a top-end defenseman, that makes a lot of sense because Philly lacks a No. 1 blue liner. To get you have to give, as they say, and while the Flyers love both Schenn and Couturier their defense last season was in shambles and needs improvement. Finding that No. 1 defender to deal for, however, is the hard part.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/09/mckenzie-flyers-may-be-really-busy-this-summer/

Spike
06-10-2013, 08:21 AM

Bylsma has lost his mind

Penguins losing marbles, too?

As if it weren't enough for the Penguins to lose their offense, lose their power play and lose a dominant chunk of their dignity by losing in four straight to the Bruins, it now would appear they're losing their minds.

Unless, of course, you can concoct a different way to interpret this remark from Dan Bylsma at the team's breakup session Sunday at Consol Energy Center: “Marc-Andre Fleury is our No. 1 goalie. He's the No. 1 goalie for this franchise. And he will be going forward."

“Tomas ... um, I don't think is in any different boat than when he came in last year. He's going to play games for us, big games, but ... next year, he's not going to get that opportunity because Marc-Andre Fleury's going to be in net for us winning hockey games.”

The coach outright tossed into the trash the goaltender who just (maybe) saved the coach's job and who just (undoubtedly) was his team's playoff MVP by a preposterously wide margin. Bylsma exhibited zero timing, zero awareness of what Vokoun means to his teammates

But right after that, Bylsma's nervous, nonsensical session inspired about as much confidence as what he just showed in a good player and good man who deserved far better. It was an absolute mess and one that might have unearthed much about an even bigger mess behind the scenes.

Oh, there was this, too: Bylsma acknowledged not having spoken yet to Ray Shero about his job status for next season

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4164486-74/bylsma-fleury-coach#axzz2Voo7HS7J

fansince'76
06-10-2013, 01:21 PM
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/penguins-swept.gif

:doh:

Count Steeler
06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/penguins-swept.gif

Hilarious, but so sad.

Spike
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Shero will be holding his end of year press conference tomorrow - - maybe we'll get some tidbits outta that.

Spike
06-11-2013, 12:24 PM
RobRossi_Trib #TribHKY Impression I'm getting is even closest confidants to Shero\Bylsma not in loop of what is happening or will happen #pens

maybe Mario will be bringing down the hammer

steelerdude15
06-11-2013, 11:20 PM
RobRossi_Trib #TribHKY Impression I'm getting is even closest confidants to Shero\Bylsma not in loop of what is happening or will happen #pens

maybe Mario will be bringing down the hammer

From what I understand, Mario, Ron, and Shero met at seven am yesterday morning and didn't leave their meeting until sometime yesterday evening. They have a lot on their plate for this off-season and I think the coaching situation maybe the first thing taken care of. If not, it will be signing Malkin to a long term deal.

X-Terminator
06-11-2013, 11:58 PM
That meeting shouldn't have lasted longer than a minute:

Ray: Good morning, Mario...Ron...
Mario: Listen Ray, I'm going to be hitting the links at 9am sharp, so we're going to make this short and sweet. Mr. Burkle?
Ron: Ray, you know I love ya and all, but here's the deal. You either fire Dan Bylsma, or you will both be fired. Capische?
Ray: Yes sir...both of you sirs...
Ron: OK then, this meeting is adjourned. Shall we head to the course, Mario?
Mario: You bet! Oh and Ray...you DID make sure my clubs were all spit-shined and ready to go...right?
Ray: Yes sir...
Mario: They had damn well better be. I'd like to have a better performance today than your "team" did against Boston.

Seven
06-12-2013, 12:41 AM
I have no issue staying the course with Fleury. I'd dump Bylsma and be rather indifferent about what happens with Iginla. Everyone else I want back. Glad to hear the young guys like Bennett are actually going to get some real time next season.

The WH
06-12-2013, 08:48 AM
That meeting shouldn't have lasted longer than a minute:

Ray: Good morning, Mario...Ron...
Mario: Listen Ray, I'm going to be hitting the links at 9am sharp, so we're going to make this short and sweet. Mr. Burkle?
Ron: Ray, you know I love ya and all, but here's the deal. You either fire Dan Bylsma, or you will both be fired. Capische?
Ray: Yes sir...both of you sirs...
Ron: OK then, this meeting is adjourned. Shall we head to the course, Mario?
Mario: You bet! Oh and Ray...you DID make sure my clubs were all spit-shined and ready to go...right?
Ray: Yes sir...
Mario: They had damn well better be. I'd like to have a better performance today than your "team" did against Boston.

There are 100 too few pauses and "and uhhhh" from lemeiux in that convo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Spike
06-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Shero presser live

http://penguins.nhl.com/

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I have no issue staying the course with Fleury. I'd dump Bylsma and be rather indifferent about what happens with Iginla. Everyone else I want back. Glad to hear the young guys like Bennett are actually going to get some real time next season.

I'd like for Iginla to be resigned. I think that he can bring veteran leadership and experience to this team. Hopefully, he will be used at his correct and natural position next year if he is signed by the Pens again. It sucked to see him pretty much become invisible in the Boston series. I also hope they can resign Pascal, Geno, and Kris to deals as well. I hope they'll be able to keep Letang.

Spike
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Shero: Bylsma and entire coaching staff gets extended 2 more years

X-Terminator
06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I just heard it, and I am sitting here in disbelief. So I guess they don't want to fucking win the Cup any time soon and continue to fail in the playoffs. I can't believe Mario signed off on that. The SOB should be working in a soup kitchen right now!

Spike
06-12-2013, 10:30 AM
audacity of hope - "we want to continue the on-ice success..." = Pens making piles of money during regular season

"with high expectations come bigger disappointment" - so I guess that means we should have lower expectations?

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I just heard it, and I am sitting here in disbelief. So I guess they don't want to fucking win the Cup any time soon and continue to fail in the playoffs. I can't believe Mario signed off on that. The SOB should be working in a soup kitchen right now!

Just because Bylsma and his staff received contract extensions doesn't mean anything. If we all remember correctly, Michel Therrien received a contract extension after they lost the Cup in 2008 and he was fired in February 2009.

X-Terminator
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Just because Bylsma and his staff received contract extensions doesn't mean anything. If we all remember correctly, Michel Therrien received a contract extension after they lost the Cup in 2008 and he was fired in February 2009.

Therrien was was only extended one year, which means they only had to pay him for the extension year. Bylsma got 2 years, which means he will be coaching here for at least the next 2 seasons, because there's no way the team is going to fire him next season and have to pay 2 head coaches for 2 years.

Spike
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM
The 15 game win streak seems to be a big reason why there are no coaching changes. Shero keeps referring to that

"We didn't score a goal in Boston, but our penalty kill was good"

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Therrien was was only extended one year, which means they only had to pay him for the extension year. Bylsma got 2 years, which means he will be coaching here for at least the next 2 seasons, because there's no way the team is going to fire him next season and have to pay 2 head coaches for 2 years.

Point taken. Thank you for clarifying. I still think Dan is a good coach. If I could speak to him, I would say don't change anything for the regular season because you seem to do extremely well in the regular season. When it comes to the post season, become more of a defensive team instead of trying to be an offensive juggernaut. It seems that teams that are geared to be a defensive team usually win....

That's just my observation. If Dan can figure out a way to be better in the playoffs, than we'll be fine.

X-Terminator
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Shero said he asked the players what happened in game 2. Their answer? "Duh, I dunno." I mean really???

Spike
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Shero: "I'm not getting rid of Marc-Andre Fleury."

and that's that

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Shero: "I'm not getting rid of Marc-Andre Fleury."

and that's that

I understand the negative sentiment towards Fleury by our fan base, but lets see how he does with a new coach next year. Maybe a new voice will help him in the post season.

Spike
06-12-2013, 11:26 AM
finally, a non-softball question from the media - Dejan: "Why did your coach make no adjustments in the Boston series and how can you defend that?"

Shero: "I'm not a coach, I can't answer that"

wow, slinging it now, "Jarome was great, Morrow was great..."

everybody was great - see you next year

X-Terminator
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Point taken. Thank you for clarifying. I still think Dan is a good coach. If I could speak to him, I would say don't change anything for the regular season because you seem to do extremely well in the regular season. When it comes to the post season, become more of a defensive team instead of trying to be an offensive juggernaut. It seems that teams that are geared to be a defensive team usually win....

That's just my observation. If Dan can figure out a way to be better in the playoffs, than we'll be fine.

Actually, you were right - they did give Therrien a 3-year contract after the 2008 Final and was fired the next season. So yeah, this means nothing in the grand scheme of things, because precedent says they will fire him next season if he underachieves again.

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Actually, you were right - they did give Therrien a 3-year contract after the 2008 Final and was fired the next season. So yeah, this means nothing in the grand scheme of things, because precedent says they will fire him next season if he underachieves again.

Ah I see, thank you for clarifying again.

Spike
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Chicago has ‘a lot of Kris Letangs,’ says Julien

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/12/chicago-has-a-lot-of-kris-letangs-says-julien/

he meant it as a compliment, uh-huh

Seven
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
A two year extension??? Lol what the actual fuck.

vader29
06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
A two year extension??? Lol what the actual fuck.

:chuckle:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1001175_10151771787300809_1831749360_n.jpg

Spike
06-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Bruins blow 3-1 lead in the 3rd

Lose in 3OT to a double deflection trick shot

LMAO!

zulater
06-13-2013, 06:31 AM
The Blackhawks doubled the Pens goal production for a four game series against the Bruins in one game.

And yet the Pens would have you believe they were doing nothing wrong, it was all about what the Bruins were doing and bad luck.

Spike
06-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Hawks scored more goals against them in one game than Pens scored in whole series...they got all our bounces

Hawks scored 2 goals in 3rd after changing up their top 2 lines....UNHEARD OF CONCEPT!

Devilsdancefloor
06-13-2013, 07:44 AM
3 more!! it was really good game to watch once the hawks figuired out the refs left their whistles at the hotel last nights game i seen more hooking and holding in a long time and marcand is the biggest offender, but everyone in the media is in love with the guy

Spike
06-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Pretty much the only way anyone was getting a penalty in OT was 'too many men on the ice' or flipping the puck over the glass....I kinda liked it now that we weren't involved.

zulater
06-13-2013, 07:50 AM
3 more!! it was really good game to watch once the hawks figuired out the refs left their whistles at the hotel last nights game i seen more hooking and holding in a long time and marcand is the biggest offender, but everyone in the media is in love with the guy

That's how the Bruins got where they are. They've refined holding and interfering to an art form. Nothing against them, it's the league that let's it happen. They're just playing the game the way Bettman wants it. For some reason a free flowing game that includes actual occasional scoring doesn't appeal to the league?

I hope the Hawks sweep.

Spike
06-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Pens re-sign Evgeni Malkin

The Pittsburgh Penguins announce they've come to terms with a contract extension for superstar center Evgeni Malkin. He'll get eight years and $76 million ($9.5 million cap hit).

http://www.pensburgh.com/2013/6/13/4426212/evgeni-malkin-signs-contract-with-penguins

Devilsdancefloor
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
That's how the Bruins got where they are. They've refined holding and interfering to an art form. Nothing against them, it's the league that let's it happen. They're just playing the game the way Bettman wants it. For some reason a free flowing game that includes actual occasional scoring doesn't appeal to the league?

I hope the Hawks sweep. that sounds good to me :P

oneforthetoe
06-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Pens re-sign Evgeni Malkin

The Pittsburgh Penguins announce they've come to terms with a contract extension for superstar center Evgeni Malkin. He'll get eight years and $76 million ($9.5 million cap hit).

http://www.pensburgh.com/2013/6/13/4426212/evgeni-malkin-signs-contract-with-penguins

That makes me happy. I know there are those who want to ship him out of town. For me, even though he frustrated me in this years playoffs, you don't get this type of player very often, let alone having two of them. If it was not for Sid's concussion history, then maybe you at least think about trading Geno. However, the Pens could be a Sid concussion away from Geno being the one headed monster. Too big of a risk, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1002076_10151965749893765_32571979_n.jpg

X-Terminator
06-13-2013, 03:38 PM
I know I said send him to Siberia, but I'm glad Geno is staying. You have to keep one of the best players in the league on your team, and the price is right too. No issues with the deal.

Kris Letang, however, may as well pack his bags, because he will not be a Penguin past the draft. I can see them talking to Edmonton, or hell, trade him to Phoenix and try to get Keith Yandle if for no other reason than to keep him out of Philadelphia.

steelerdude15
06-13-2013, 05:36 PM
I know I said send him to Siberia, but I'm glad Geno is staying. You have to keep one of the best players in the league on your team, and the price is right too. No issues with the deal.

Kris Letang, however, may as well pack his bags, because he will not be a Penguin past the draft. I can see them talking to Edmonton, or hell, trade him to Phoenix and try to get Keith Yandle if for no other reason than to keep him out of Philadelphia.

I'm also glad too and I wasn't expecting them to get the deal done this early. I honestly thought that it wouldn't be until around July 5th that he would sign a deal. I disagree with your opinion on Letang. From what I understand, it seems that their going to go for Letang next and get him a deal. I would absolutely love for him to remain a Penguin because he is the best defensemen on the team and I think trading him away would weaken the defense.

steelerdude15
06-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I never realized we were still posting in this thread... Time to move back to the main thread? :noidea:

Spike
06-13-2013, 07:09 PM
I never realized we were still posting in this thread... Time to move back to the main thread? :noidea:

Who gives a fuck - the season isn't over - except for you homers

Stanley Cup Playoffs

keep one hockey thread going - - there's only 6 of us

this is the best

Spike
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Kris Letang, however, may as well pack his bags, because he will not be a Penguin past the draft. .

could be

but if I were Shero I'd sign Letang for $5.5 for 5 years - how often do you get to play with the 2 best players in the world, when you suck at defense?

X-Terminator
06-13-2013, 08:11 PM
could be

but if I were Shero I'd sign Letang for $5.5 for 5 years - how often do you get to play with the 2 best players in the world, when you suck at defense?

I'd be thrilled if he signed for that much, but he won't. He's going to want at least as much, if not more, than Erik Karlsson is getting ($6.5 million per season). So we're looking at $7 million, and if that's the case, they should trade him.

steelerdude15
06-13-2013, 09:41 PM
I'd be thrilled if he signed for that much, but he won't. He's going to want at least as much, if not more, than Erik Karlsson is getting ($6.5 million per season). So we're looking at $7 million, and if that's the case, they should trade him.

I wouldn't trade him... But that's just me. He's our best overall defensive player and our best offensive defensemen. On top of that, he's one of the best in the entire NHL. He may not be as physical as Paul or Brooks, but he has speed, smarts, blocks shots, and makes key defensive plays that create turnovers and stop scoring chances. He would be worth every penny IMO.

Spike
06-13-2013, 10:11 PM
back to the news............Boston could be fucked

Horton dealing with chronic shoulder dislocation

CHICAGO — According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Nathan Horton has been dealing with chronic left shoulder subluxation, which caused him to leave Wednesday’s Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals during the first overtime. The injury was originally suffered when Horton fought Penguins forward Jarome Iginla on April 20, with Horton missing the final five games of the regular season before returning for the playoffs.

Horton has received shots prior to each game to deal with the pain, and though his shoulder has popped out of its socket at points during the playoffs, Wednesday’s occurrence, when he bumped into Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson in front of the Chicago net on a Bruins power play, was the most painful thus fair. His shoulder was popped back in after he left the ice, but he was in too much pain to return to the game.

The injury will not require surgery until the offseason, when he is likely to receive a procedure to tighten the socket so the shoulder stops popping out. It is unknown whether Horton will play in Game 2 on Saturday, with the team labeling him

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/13/source-nathan-horton-dealing-with-chronic-shoulder-injury/

Devilsdancefloor
06-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Horton should sit imo he really hurt them in ot

Spike
06-14-2013, 03:06 PM
I'd be thrilled if he signed for that much, but he won't. He's going to want at least as much, if not more

yeah I know - but I can still dream - if Letang goes, we absolutely have to sign a d-man who can move the puck. Have to.

Spike
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
another ballbuster game

1-1 after two....Hawks shoulda had 8

salamander
06-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of either team (especially Boston) but this is definitely turning into one hell of a series.

Spike
06-15-2013, 11:51 PM
another thrilla........Boston by far had the best chances in OT...... they deserved the win

X-Terminator
06-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Just picked this up on another site: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/15/zdeno-chara-punched-sidney-crosby-in-the-jaw?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=recommend-button&utm_campaign=Zdeno+Chara+punched+Sidney+Crosby+in+ jaw

During a scrum in the dying seconds of the second period, Chara apparently delivered a blow square to Crosby’s injured jaw while the Penguins star was being held by Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron.

The Penguins provided TSN with footage of Chara punching Crosby, claiming it to be from Game 1.

Now I was at the game and saw this happen. But the fact that the Pens sent footage of the incident to TSN makes absolutely no sense. What the hell are they hoping to accomplish? And besides, Crosby knew what he was getting into. Iron jaw or not, if you're on the ice getting into scrums, you risk getting punched in the face. It's as simple as that. This is just another example of the whining and arrogance coming from this organization, from the top down, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. It's no wonder they are one of the most, if not the most, hated teams in the league. Just shut up, accept the fact that you lost, stop making excuses for and pampering your players, and pop in a DVD of the 2009 Cup title run to remind yourselves what it takes to win it.

steelerdude15
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Just picked this up on another site: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/15/zdeno-chara-punched-sidney-crosby-in-the-jaw?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=recommend-button&utm_campaign=Zdeno+Chara+punched+Sidney+Crosby+in+ jaw

Now I was at the game and saw this happen. But the fact that the Pens sent footage of the incident to TSN makes absolutely no sense. What the hell are they hoping to accomplish? And besides, Crosby knew what he was getting into. Iron jaw or not, if you're on the ice getting into scrums, you risk getting punched in the face. It's as simple as that. This is just another example of the whining and arrogance coming from this organization, from the top down, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. It's no wonder they are one of the most, if not the most, hated teams in the league. Just shut up, accept the fact that you lost, stop making excuses for and pampering your players, and pop in a DVD of the 2009 Cup title run to remind yourselves what it takes to win it.

I can understand both sides of the argument. I believe that its part of the game and that its going to happen. I don't see why the Penguins would bring this up. Then again, if you look at the pictures, Sid wasn't able to defend himself because he was being held from behind. I think at this point and time, they should just let it go and focus on the off-season.

Devilsdancefloor
06-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Dear Hawks please shoot the damn puck and win at the dot please ....

Spike
06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Bruins made them look like the Pens with the shut-out . Great defensive hockey, I gotta give Boston credit.

Spike
06-18-2013, 12:24 PM
in other news -

Don Cherry calls Malkin a dog and a loser

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/don-cherry-e1349201512974.jpg?w=260

Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin last week was given an eight-year, $76 million contract extension despite his lack of production vs. the Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals. Cherry made it clear he’s not a fan of the 26-year-old Russian.

“I wouldn’t give that guy anything,” Cherry said. “I think he’s a dog — a talented dog. He turns it on when he wants to turn it on. He couldn’t play for the Bruins, I’ll tell you that.

You’re going to say, ‘Well, what about [Jaromir] Jagr?’ Jagr’s out there giving every ounce he’s got every time. I don’t know if he can score, but he’s giving every ounce he can. You can’t compare them.

“I wouldn’t have that Malkin. I know he’s talented, I know. But to me, he’s a loser, as far as I’m concerned.”

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/17/don-cherry-on-d-penguins-evgeni-malkin-a-loser/

X-Terminator
06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Losers don't win Conn Smythe Trophies. So shut the fuck up, Don.

stillers4me
06-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Losers wear jackets with giant red carnations all over them. Seriously?

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/don-cherry-e1349201512974.jpg?w=260

Spike
06-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Grapes is a great Canadian hero - but he think's all non-Boston Europeans are soft

ye-ah

http://www.fromrussiawithglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/geno-bo.jpg

Devilsdancefloor
06-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Losers don't win Conn Smythe Trophies. So shut the fuck up, Don.

This!

Lets go hawks!! a PP goal would be sweet

Spike
06-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Way to go Hawks..... 6-5 in OT

Series tied 2-2

Spike
06-22-2013, 08:32 PM
2-0 Hawks!

you go boys!

where have all the homers gone? this is great hockey

X-Terminator
06-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Sorry, when the Pens season ended, that was it for me. I could give a damn about the SCF. I've turned my attention to the draft and free agency.

Spike
06-22-2013, 09:22 PM
I've decided - we trade Letang to Chicago for Bickell - he's all over the place

Spike
06-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Sorry, when the Pens season ended, that was it for me. I could give a damn about the SCF

the Pens choked as soon as you gave them your blessings - I don't blame you for running and hiding - I hear there were patrols out looking for you

meanwhile, if Hawks raise the Cup in Boston - that would a slap in the face

I kinda want 7 games though

X-Terminator
06-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Congrats to the Hawks and to DDF - 2013 Stanley Cup Champions. I'm both jealous and pissed, because despite having the 2 best players in the world, the Penguins will never lift Lord Stanley's Cup again.

Spike
06-25-2013, 03:07 AM
a shocker - a stunner - my man Bickell scores the tieing goal and the collapse started - 2 goals in 17 sec and Boston loses it all in the final minute!

totally awesome game - congrats Blackhawks

venom
06-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Baby Baptized in the Cup ???http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KPambf0QfHM/UclxgDUTwDI/AAAAAAAAdNc/Z5jgZOmv1lY/s640/baby+in+stanley+cup.png (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KPambf0QfHM/UclxgDUTwDI/AAAAAAAAdNc/Z5jgZOmv1lY/s1600/baby+in+stanley+cup.png)

fansince'76
06-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Not much for hockey personally, but thanks to the typical Masshole mentality (http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1030006-pitt-gets-what-deserves.html#post3464003) I'm still glad they got it stuck up their ass, particularly in the stunning (and painful) fashion that it happened.

And congrats on the Blackhawks' win to Scott (DDF). :drink:

86WARD
06-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Awesome series. One if the best of all-time.

Devilsdancefloor
06-25-2013, 07:17 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2u8ulqr.jpg

That was an amazing finish!! I loved the fact the Bruins fans stuck around to boo ha ha i am sure that put a damper on the celebration (insert evil laugh here). i waited all my life to see the hawks win a cup now they have done it twice in 4 years!

stillers4me
06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
I love the tradition of passing the cup around the ice. Congrats, Scott! Thanks for sticking it straight up in Beantown! Nice job.

X-Terminator
06-25-2013, 08:20 AM
I had better see Penguins in that picture next season, or everyone needs to be fired. And I mean EVERYONE. I'm sick of their constant failure with all of the talent they have, and I'm tired of watching other teams lifting the Cup. 2009 was so much fun, not to mention eons ago, and I want to experience that again.

Devilsdancefloor
06-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Well i think the cup will spend a day in Gibsonia with Bradon Saad ( my sons new favorite hawk cause he has to be a steelers fan). it is amazing how well he played in the playoffs, didnt score a ton, but made plays when he need too and he is only going to get better he is 20 and has his name on the cup already

steelerdude15
06-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Congrats to the Hawks and to you DDF!