PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Spike
05-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I changed my mind - Go Boston! - I forgot how funny Torts is after a loss - - Game 1 seemed like a Game 7 - in OT.

just like I predicted, Lundqvist is too scary back there in net - him and his lucky posts almost stole that one.

X-Terminator
05-17-2013, 02:07 PM
I will be at the game tonight, so if they lose, it's my fault. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

GBMelBlount
05-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Enjoy the game Eric. I have a good feeling about tonight

Count Steeler
05-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I will be at the game tonight, so if they lose, it's my fault. ;)

Duly noted. However, I am hoping for another 4-2, 5-1 kind of game. I hope the Pens kick the Senators' asses all night long.

Spike
05-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Lets Go Pens!!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/images/smilies/wavetowel.gif

Spike
05-17-2013, 05:25 PM
oh shit - just watched some pre-game on the NHL Network - Bylsma is tinkering again - - putting Iginla back with Malkin and Neal

huge game tonight

2-0 would be amazing

stillers4me
05-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Have a great time, Eric! Are you wearing an Iginla jersey? :penguins:

X-Terminator
05-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Duly noted. However, I am hoping for another 4-2, 5-1 kind of game. I hope the Pens kick the Senators' asses all night long.

Well, so far so good. Vokoun can't allow any more bad goals though.

Have a great time, Eric! Are you wearing an Iginla jersey? :penguins:

But of course! :)

stillers4me
05-17-2013, 08:35 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181436_615211355157675_1163231558_n.jpg

zulater
05-17-2013, 09:44 PM
The game wasn't as close as the score. And I don't think Vokoun had a bad game. Just the Sens scored on some fluky situations. The last goal the Pens were tripping over one another in the crease and consequenstly took Vokoun out of the play. Vokoun made two great saves on breakaway chances!

The Pens were unlucky on their own chances. They should have scored at least 7 goals with the scoring chances they were generating.

If they go into Ottawa and play close to the level they played tonight they should take at least one up there, if not close it out.

Spike
05-17-2013, 10:38 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/2013/05/17/sidneycrosby_3990-430x298.jpg

Sid!

Sid!

Sid!

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

We had em alllllllllllllllll the way > Bob Prince

X-Terminator
05-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Just got in from the game. I had a blast, though I don't think I took a single breath during the final 17 minutes of the game. :chuckle: I realized that I really miss going to games and I should have gone to one game in the first round. I may not sell off any more tickets the rest of the playoffs as long as the Pens are in it.

As for the game itself, they really dominated and should have won by 3 or 4 goals. I thought the first 2 goals by Vokoun were pretty soft, but he came back to make a couple of huge saves when the game was still in doubt. Can't ask for any more than that from your goalie.

And lest anyone doubt that Sid is the best player in the game, all they need to see is the tape from tonight's game. It's pretty obvious now that he is in Anderson's head.

GBMelBlount
05-18-2013, 07:44 AM
That was a great game.

The penguins were dominant.

Hopefully they are peaking at the right time.

Spike
05-18-2013, 11:20 AM
When the Pens get a lead and start getting cocky you can see the turnovers begin to happen like magic (Letang)

For the first time in a long time, I don't think we need a goalie to steal us games to win a series, just give him a little help fellas.

Spike
05-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Just got in from the game. I had a blast, though I don't think I took a single breath during the final 17 minutes of the game. :chuckle: I realized that I really miss going to games and I should have gone to one game in the first round. I may not sell off any more tickets the rest of the playoffs as long as the Pens are in it..

so you are still predicting Sens in 6?

GBMelBlount
05-18-2013, 12:21 PM
When the Pens get a lead and start getting cocky you can see the turnovers begin to happen like magic (Letang)

For the first time in a long time, I don't think we need a goalie to steal us games to win a series, just give him a little help fellas.

You know, it seems as though when other team scores they will "turn it on," score, and then coast again.

Spike
05-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Sens might be Canada's team; but no way in hell am I rooting for them or Habs, ever.

Sens fans will soon be rooting for us, Pens are about to become Team Canada, last Canadian team left standing, eh?

oh well, right now it's like The Soviet Red Army team playing against Switzerland (Sens) in the Olympics

oneforthetoe
05-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I think we take the series in 5 now. The Sens should be pretty fired up Sunday, which gives them a small edge that should be enough. I think the Pens rebound in game four and take the series back home in five. Of course I'm ok with sweep as well. I just don't want to go into a-fib with a game 7.

Spike
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Jason Spezza confirms that he is ready to play in Game 3 tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/335818033924820992

I wonder if they play him - 5 months off is a long time

Spike
05-18-2013, 03:32 PM
ho ho ho

4-1

Wings looked like the Pens beating the Sens....zapping 50 ft stretch passes and scoring whilst skating rings around the slow and befuddled Hawks

Go Wings!

zulater
05-18-2013, 11:00 PM
If Blysma has any thought to reintroducing Fleury into the playoffs game 3 would be the time to start him. Not saying it's what I would do, or what I think should or will be done. But the opportunity is there for the taking. If you put Fleury in and he loses the game you put Vouk in for game 4 and get your 3-1 advantage. If he wins and plays a strong game maybe you have your "franchise goalie" back? It will be interesting to see if there's any thought to doing this?

steelerdude15
05-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Game three is tonight. It should be a good one.

GBMelBlount
05-19-2013, 10:34 AM
If Blysma has any thought to reintroducing Fleury into the playoffs game 3 would be the time to start him. Not saying it's what I would do, or what I think should or will be done. But the opportunity is there for the taking. If you put Fleury in and he loses the game you put Vouk in for game 4 and get your 3-1 advantage. If he wins and plays a strong game maybe you have your "franchise goalie" back? It will be interesting to see if there's any thought to doing this?

Nothing personal but I would stick with Blysma until he craps out.

zulater
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Nothing personal but I would stick with Vokoun until he craps out.

Corrected it for you. And I agree. I remember back in 96 when Ken Wregget shut out the Caps in game seven 3-0 to advance to the conference finals, only to have the job handed back to the underperforming Tom Barrasso who was coming back from a slight injury. Anyway long story short.Barrasso was playing horrible and the Pens were on the verge of being eliminated when thankfully Barrasso got injured. In comes Wregget to rescue the series, then he wins the next series, but the job is handed back to the underperming Barrasso as soon as he's healthy and we go on and lose to the Panthers in the Eastern conference finals behind Tom's inept goaltending.

I think the same thing could happen here. Vokoun is playing good enough. He doesn't let in the dflating cheapies that Fleury does. It's working as is, don't try to fix what's not broken.

I'm just warning that if it's in their mind to switch to Fleury at some point again in these playoffs this would be the time.

GBMelBlount
05-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Corrected it for you. And I agree. I remember back in 96 when Ken Wregget shut out the Caps in game seven 3-0 to advance to the conference finals, only to have the job handed back to the underperforming Tom Barrasso who was coming back from a slight injury. Anyway long story short.Barrasso was playing horrible and the Pens were on the verge of being eliminated when thankfully Barrasso got injured. In comes Wregget to rescue the series, then he wins the next series, but the job is handed back to the underperming Barrasso as soon as he's healthy and we go on and lose to the Panthers in the Eastern conference finals behind Tom's inept goaltending.

I think the same thing could happen here. Vokoun is playing good enough. He doesn't let in the dflating cheapies that Fleury does. It's working as is, don't try to fix what's not broken.

I'm just warning that if it's in their mind to switch to Fleury at some point again in these playoffs this would be the time.

Thanks....and I hope the Steelers keep Tomlin at quarterback too. :lol:

Anyway, I am sure it was not an easy decision to take Fleury out but after that I agree that once you make a "fix" you stick with it until it breaks. :interference:

stillers4me
05-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic12m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/336145985837359104)
#Pens (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Pens&src=hash) out for skate, all seats draped with -- you'll never guess -- towels. "United in Red," they say. They're white. http://instagram.com/p/Zf6sq0hS1x/ (http://t.co/uHvQyqlIVJ)

Spike
05-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Fleury is DONE!

who keeps stirring up this shit, Ron Cook? fuck him, he doesn't shit about hockey

Nothing personal but I would stick with Blysma until he craps out.

BWAhahahaha - that's the perfect answer!!

Disco knows Vokoun just saved his job

meanwhile, Sens are giving Anderson the start

sic em Sid

zulater
05-19-2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm#?navid=nav-sts-league

Spike
05-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Quick is good, but Vokoun is right up there

Save %

J. Quick LAK .947
T. Vokoun PIT .945
H. Lundqvist NYR .945

GAA

J. Quick LAK 1.60
C. Crawford CHI 1.64
T. Vokoun PIT 1.70

Vokoun is our man, end of story

Spike
05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
As far as Spezza returning, I'd be sending Murray and Cooke to cross-check Spezza's back 20 or 30 times in the first 10 minutes, just to, you know, make sure it's OK

X-Terminator
05-19-2013, 12:40 PM
There's no way Spezza is 100%. He's had little to no contact in practice to boot. It's a desperation move by the Sens to try to get back into the series. That said, the Pens had better not take him lightly and punish him every chance they get.

zulater
05-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Quick is good, but Vokoun is right up there

Save %

J. Quick LAK .947
T. Vokoun PIT .945
H. Lundqvist NYR .945

GAA

J. Quick LAK 1.60
C. Crawford CHI 1.64
T. Vokoun PIT 1.70

Vokoun is our man, end of story

Quick isn't good, he's great! With all due respect to Vokoun, if Quick was the Pens goalie they wouldn't lose more than 2 games on the way to winning the Cup.

SCSTILLER
05-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Why is Glass starting in place of Vitsle? Does Bylsma expect a fight or two?

zulater
05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
If the Pens lose this game it's 100% on Kunitz. He stupidly dumps the puck into the zone with 3 Sens and no Pens waiting which allows the Sens to leave the zone with speed, pull the goalie, and get the Pens in open space.

zulater
05-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Worst thing that could have happened was getting that power play at the end of regulation. Team was playing smart hockey, and then they get the man advantage and everyone loses their mind and has no idea what to do? Should we play offense, should we play defense? :doh: I know let's do nothing instead and stand around and watch the puck like we're mannequins! :frusty:

Game 4 is a must win now! Anderson is in Malkin's head. Guys are making too many passes and not putting the puck on net.

Vokoun played a solid game. No reason to make any changes there.

X-Terminator
05-19-2013, 10:53 PM
And this would be why I won't change my prediction in this series. The Pens simply gave this game away, and knowing them, they will find a way to give away the series after being up 2-0.

oneforthetoe
05-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I think the Pens will be ok for game 4. I thought they played well in OT. I didn't think they looked shell shocked or anything. I think this was a bounce back game for Anderson. I don't think he can shut down the Pens for three more games. Vokoun was fine.

Spike
05-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Bylsma should be taken out behind the barn and horsewhipped

putting your sloppiest defenders Letang and Malkin out to kill the last 30 sec of a locked up game and giving up a shorthanded goal is fucking inexcusable

zulater
05-19-2013, 11:13 PM
And this would be why I won't change my prediction in this series. The Pens simply gave this game away, and knowing them, they will find a way to give away the series after being up 2-0.

And when you;re proved wrong again then you can predict the Bruins in 4.

Pens still win in 5. The Pens carried the play tonight, but Anderson stood on his head and stole one.

Wont happen again. Malkin is due to bust loose and bury some pucks behind the netminder.

X-Terminator
05-19-2013, 11:57 PM
And when you;re proved wrong again then you can predict the Bruins in 4.

Pens still win in 5. The Pens carried the play tonight, but Anderson stood on his head and stole one.

Wont happen again. Malkin is due to bust loose and bury some pucks behind the netminder.

This team can't get out of its way. They find new ways to fuck up every damn night, even when they win games. Tonight, it's Bylsma deciding to have offensive players try to play keep-away with the PP late in regulation, and then those players completely shitting the bed on Alfredsson's tying goal. There is NO EXCUSE for losing this game.

They're going to lose game 4 as well, and when they do, you may as well call it a day right there. The Pens won't be able to recover. So no, I don't anticipate being proven wrong. I'm just preparing for the huge letdown from this team.

zulater
05-20-2013, 12:02 AM
This team can't get out of its way. They find new ways to fuck up every damn night, even when they win games. Tonight, it's Bylsma deciding to have offensive players try to play keep-away with the PP late in regulation, and then those players completely shitting the bed on Alfredsson's tying goal. There is NO EXCUSE for losing this game.

They're going to lose game 4 as well, and when they do, you may as well call it a day right there. The Pens won't be able to recover. So no, I don't anticipate being proven wrong. I'm just preparing for the huge letdown from this team.

As long as the team doesn't have as much quit in them as you do everything will be fine. The Pens are the better team, they'll win in the end.

X-Terminator
05-20-2013, 12:27 AM
As long as the team doesn't have as much quit in them as you do everything will be fine. The Pens are the better team, they'll win in the end.

We'll see about that. They're only the better team on paper, and you don't win games or series on paper.

Tell you what. If I end up being proven wrong, I will donate $25 to the site. You don't have to do a thing. I'm that convinced they will find a way to fuck this up.

zulater
05-20-2013, 06:05 AM
One thing's for sure, last night's loss was entirely on Blysma. He should have called his time out when they got awarded the power play and gone over good with the team what was their primary objective, to preserve the lead! Kunitz was simply awful, but the thing is he shouldn't have even ben on the ice on that last pp. Neither should Malkin have been. Letang? Debatable. But the point is Matt Cooke who played a brilliant two way game should have been on the ice instead of Kunitz. Sutter in place of Malkin. Do that and we're sitting pretty with a 3-0 games lead. :frusty:

venom
05-20-2013, 06:13 AM
You have to love Hockey Night in Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG_sgaqy_T4

GBMelBlount
05-20-2013, 06:51 AM

A win like last night can light a team on fire.

The Pens need to squash them early in game 4.

Spike
05-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Even the Trib has the balls to call-out our retard coach.

It doesn’t have to be this hard

It's not even Hockey 101.

It's the preschool edition.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4047964-74/power-iginla-penguins?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewpenguins+%28Peng uins+Stories%29#axzz2TpH2EOce

Mario, get on the phone and call up the back-up coach

steelerdude15
05-20-2013, 09:51 PM
I was pretty bummed that the Pens lost last night in double overtime and was sick to my stomach when the Sens scored the tying goal, but I think the Pens can win this series. There is a chance that the Pens could still lose this and the Sens get hot again. I hope the Pens will have an answer for last nights lose in game four. One last thing, the PP was dreadful last night as well. They have to score on PPs and especially on three on fives, which they had last night.

zulater
05-21-2013, 05:46 AM
I was pretty bummed that the Pens lost last night in double overtime and was sick to my stomach when the Sens scored the tying goal, but I think the Pens can win this series. There is a chance that the Pens could still lose this and the Sens get hot again. I hope the Pens will have an answer for last nights lose in game four. One last thing, the PP was dreadful last night as well. They have to score on PPs and especially on three on fives, which they had last night.

Really when you come right down to it special teams lost them that game. 1 shortie against, and no goals of your own on what was it 5 or 6 pp's? I really thought they were going to win it when the got the pp in the 2nd OT. They were generating good scoring chances, but I think they were trying too hard to make the perfect play and passing up good shot attempts.

Spike
05-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Go Wings!

Go Rangers!

I hate these extra days off

salamander
05-21-2013, 07:06 PM
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are on the verge of history. After falling behind 0-3 in their 2nd round playoff series against the best in the AHL this year, The Baby Pens have won 3 straight games to force a game 7. Only 2 other teams in the history of the AHL have come all the way back after falling behind 0-3 in a series.

Thiessen, (WBS) Penguins push (Providence) Bruins to limit

Trevor Smith (http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?lang_code=en&id=1799) corraled a loose puck and tucked it in with 3:26 gone in overtime as the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins closed in on AHL history with a 2-1 win over the Providence Bruins (http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011074) on Monday night.

The Penguins, who lost the first three games of the series, have forced a Game 7 at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Wednesday (7:05 ET, AHL Live (http://www.ahllive.com)).

Brad Thiessen (http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?lang_code=en&id=3145) made 46 saves in a heroic performance for his third consecutive season-saving victory. The Penguins were outshot 47-18 for the game -- including 33-5 in the second and third periods combined.

more: http://theahl.com/thiessen-penguins-push-bruins-to-limit-p184015

Spike
05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
call him up Mario

John Hynes is in his third season as head coach of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League.

Over the past two seasons, Hynes has led WBS to a 102-46-2-6 overall record, two Calder Cup playoff berths and the 2011 AHL regular-season championship while being named the 2011 AHL coach of the year. He recorded his 100th win on Apr. 6 versus Hershey, doing so in just 152 games, becoming the fastest in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton history to accomplish this feat and second-fastest ever in the AHL.

steelerdude15
05-21-2013, 07:42 PM
I want to bring this to everyone's attention:

Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury

OTTAWA — Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is refusing to divulge any information pertaining to injuries during the postseason, but evidence suggests that something is physically impairing left wing Brenden Morrow.

The veteran left Tuesday's practice early at Scotiabank Place and later walked past a group of reporters with the team's head trainer, Chris Stewart, by his side.

Morrow is believed to be dealing with an upper-body injury, though it is believed he will attempt to play in Game 4 against the Senators on Wednesday.

Following a stretch late in the regular season that saw Morrow pile up six goals and 14 points in 15 games with the Penguins, expectations for him were high entering the postseason. However, Morrow has produced just one goal and three points in nine playoff games and is a minus-3. He has bounced between third and fourth line duty during most of the postseason.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4053736-74/morrow-penguins-practice#ixzz2Tyg8wwuy

X-Terminator
05-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Love Morrow's warrior spirit, but if he's hurt, he shouldn't play. Play Jokinen or Jeffrey instead.

As for the Baby Pens, I really hope they complete the comeback. That would be awesome.

Spike
05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Morrow is believed to be dealing with an upper-body injury, though it is believed he will attempt to play in Game 4 against the Senators on Wednesday.

We want BEAU!

SCSTILLER
05-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Anderson is the only reason that Ottawa can beat the Pens. He was stellar last game and has picked up where he left off for this game.

X-Terminator
05-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Anderson is the only reason that Ottawa can beat the Pens. He was stellar last game and has picked up where he left off for this game.

Yep.

The Pens had their chance to bury them on Sunday and failed hard. Anderson and the Sens are now going to take over and win this series.

Polamalu Princess
05-22-2013, 07:40 PM
2-2 Come on Pens!!!! Have faith SU fans!

- - - Updated - - -

There you go!!!!! 3-2!!!!!!

Polamalu Princess
05-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Sorry - just have to say 6-2!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!! Give them some credit!

fansince'76
05-22-2013, 08:51 PM
6-2? Holy shit! :tt02:

SCSTILLER
05-22-2013, 08:53 PM
7-2, woot!

Polamalu Princess
05-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Okay - I will go away now after posting this....7-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCSTILLER
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Gotta give the Ottawa fans credit, down 7-2 and they are still chanting "Lets go Ottawa"

bayz101
05-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Yep.

The Pens had their chance to bury them on Sunday and failed hard. Anderson and the Sens are now going to take over and win this series.

Oh yeah. They're taking something. Taking it in the ASS, XT. Go pens!

fansince'76
05-22-2013, 09:05 PM
:penguins:

bayz101
05-22-2013, 09:06 PM
The Pens lose a damn game and people are counting them out of the series. Come on man. Have some faith! Go Pens! RED HOT!

salamander
05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have made AHL history!! The Baby Pens came all the way back to win their 2nd round series in 7 games after falling behind 0-3 to start the series! Tonight's final score: WBS Pens - 5, Providence Bruins - 0. WBS outscored Providence 11-1 the last 3 games.

zulater
05-22-2013, 09:10 PM
6-2? Holy shit! :tt02:

Yeah, but after getting up 7-2 they let down just as XT likely would have predicted and let the Sens back in the game with a power play goal :mad2: Worthless bastards!

:wink02: :chuckle:

Sorry for the shot XT, but deep down you know you deserve it. :eyebrows:

X-Terminator
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
The Pens lose a damn game and people are counting them out of the series. Come on man. Have some faith! Go Pens! RED HOT!

Series ain't over yet. 2011 - Pens up 3-1 against Tampa...lost 4-3, including a 1-0 loss in game 7 at home. So I'm still sticking with my prediction.

EDIT - and Zu, do you see why now I don't have faith in them? Too many fucking letdowns and they give up goals. They need to stop that bullshit and play 60 FULL MINUTES!

X-Terminator
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have made AHL history!! The Baby Pens came all the way back to win their 2nd round series in 7 games after falling behind 0-3 to start the series! Tonight's final score: WBS Pens - 5, Providence Bruins - 0. WBS outscored Providence 11-1 the last 3 games.

Now THAT'S a team I can get behind. A team that never, ever gives up. Congrats to the Baby Pens and coach Hynes!

zulater
05-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Series ain't over yet. 2011 - Pens up 3-1 against Tampa...lost 4-3, including a 1-0 loss in game 7 at home. So I'm still sticking with my prediction.

EDIT - and Zu, do you see why now I don't have faith in them? Too many fucking letdowns and they give up goals. They need to stop that bullshit and play 60 FULL MINUTES!

They were playing without Crosby and Cooke that series. This is a better team than the one that lost to the Lightning.

We'll wrap it up in 5 as I predicted.

bayz101
05-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Seems as though you WANT them to lose. The "series ain't over yet" is the mentality of a fan of the team that's down in the series, not the team that's ahead. I'm not asking anyone to lick the Pens nuts, i'm simply suggesting that MAYBE we give them the credit they deserve! They've had inconsistency, but they're getting the job done! 7-3. Game. A great one, too.

X-Terminator
05-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Seems as though you WANT them to lose. The "series ain't over yet" is the mentality of a fan of the team that's down in the series, not the team that's ahead. I'm not asking anyone to lick the Pens nuts, i'm simply suggesting that MAYBE we give them the credit they deserve! They've had inconsistency, but they're getting the job done! 7-3. Game. A great one, too.

I don't WANT them to lose. After the past 3 years, I've come to EXPECT them to fuck up royally. Big, big difference there. But like I said, if they manage to win the series, I'm donating $25 to the site. See, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

bayz101
05-22-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't WANT them to lose. After the past 3 years, I've come to EXPECT them to fuck up royally. Big, big difference there. But like I said, if they manage to win the series, I'm donating $25 to the site. See, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Hey, I predicted the Steelers would lose the wild-card game in 2005. Difference is, when I was wrong, and we won, I didn't stick my foot in my mouth for the rest of the playoffs. Turned out pretty good, too. We won the Super Bowl.

I'll admit I wasn't too optimistic coming into the first series, but we won. We have control of this series, and I won't jump off a damn bridge if we lose the next game. I'll be sitting in front of my TV cheering the on all way! Go Pens!

steelerdude15
05-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Great game by the Pens tonight. They outplayed the Sens for majority of the game and didn't let their foot off the gas, which is so important. Great win guys, great win.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know... I say that too and I'm a very optimistic fan majority of the time. I say it because I look at things in a realistic way. So I do believe the series is not over yet, but I do believe the Pens could wrap this series up on Friday night.

stillers4me
05-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Bob Pompeani‏@KDPomp26m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/KDPomp/status/337400392801456129)
Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/sens-alfredsson-we-probably-wont-win-this-series/ … (http://t.co/tG74tGAJLz) via @HalfordPHT (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/HalfordPHT)

Wow. It's one thing for fans to doubt.........

Adam Gretz‏@AGretz44m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/AGretz/status/337396710118653952)
So let me get this straight: The guy nominated for the "leadership award" just pretty much gave up on his team coming back?

GBMelBlount
05-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Bob Pompeani‏@KDPomp26m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/KDPomp/status/337400392801456129)
Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/sens-alfredsson-we-probably-wont-win-this-series/ … (http://t.co/tG74tGAJLz) via @HalfordPHT (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/HalfordPHT)

Adam Gretz‏@AGretz44m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/AGretz/status/337396710118653952)
So let me get this straight: The guy nominated for the "leadership award" just pretty much gave up on his team coming back?

I don't mean to look too deeply into this but sometimes acknowledging you are outmanned and outgunned by a superior foe and will likely lose can take the pressure off a team (or player) and help them play better.

X-Terminator
05-22-2013, 10:46 PM

Wow, I would have never expected to hear that from Alfredsson. Maybe he wants the season over so he can get on with his retirement?

oneforthetoe
05-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Great game. I hope he Pens end it Friday. I don't want the Sens to have even a glimmer of hope.

Spike
05-23-2013, 05:34 AM
For all those pre-series predictors, it's now confirmed that it will not be Sens in 6

bayz101
05-23-2013, 02:45 PM
For all those pre-series predictors, it's now confirmed that it will not be Sens in 6

In 6? People have been that generous? The Pens sucks so bad I expected a sweep!

</sarcacm> :chuckle:

salamander
05-23-2013, 04:53 PM
For anyone who cares, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins begin their series in the AHL Eastern Conference finals Saturday at 7PM against the Syracuse Crunch. Here is the full schedule:

Game 1 – Sat., May 25 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7:00
Game 2 – Sun., May 26 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7:00
Game 3 – Wed., May 29 – Syracuse at W-B/Scranton, 7:05
Game 4 – Fri., May 31 – Syracuse at W-B/Scranton, 7:05
*Game 5 – Sat., June 1 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7:00
*Game 6 – Mon., June 3 – Syracuse at W-B/Scranton, 7:05
*Game 7 – Wed., June 5 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7:00
*if necessary... All times Eastern

- - - Updated - - -

WBS Penguins join elite company with comeback

May 23, 2013

The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins turned the tables on the Providence Bruins, and when the comeback was completed at a stunned Dunkin' Donuts Center on Wednesday night, it was clear that something special had taken place.

"What we accomplished is really difficult to do," Penguins head coach John Hynes told the Citizens' Voice. "It speaks volumes about the character of the group and it is special. Anytime you can be in sports and make history, it's something teams are going to look at down the road and this team did it. That's part of leaving a legacy."

more: http://theahl.com/penguins-join-elite-company-with-comeback-p184045

Godfather
05-23-2013, 06:58 PM

Penguins defeat the Bruins? I like the sound of that....

Spike
05-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Tuukka's buttfumble saves the Rags!'

Broons blow 2-0 lead and lose in OT

hahahahahahaha - Go Rangers! beat em up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0KS68Wj7k&feature=player_embedded

Tuukka Chara Tuukka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pbXHcFzl_6A#!

stillers4me
05-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Penguins Scoring at Prolific Playoff Rate

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins (http://penguins.nhl.com/) are scoring at a rate not seen during the Stanley Cup Playoffs since Wayne Gretzky (http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8447400) was active.

Not that the Penguins know that. Nor care.

"I don't even know or look at the number of goals we're scoring," coach Dan Bylsma (http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8455763) said Thursday afternoon, the day after a 7-3 victory against the Ottawa Senators (http://senators.nhl.com/) in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series.

"I don't even look at the scoreboard at the end of a game. … The scoreboard or the game sheet, all it said is that we won the game and we've got three wins. Now we need the fourth one."

Up 3-1 in the best-of-7 series, Pittsburgh is looking to close out Ottawa in Game 5 Friday at Consol Energy Center (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, CBC, RDS).

The Penguins are averaging 4.1 goals per game through 10 games this postseason -- no team over the past 15 years has done that during a playoff run that lasted at least two rounds. Once since 1997-98 has a team topped 4.1 goals per game in the Stanley Cup Playoffs regardless of how many rounds they played.............

read more @ http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671828&cmpid=rss-adamski

X-Terminator
05-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Wings beat Hawks and are now up 3-1. Would be a major upset if the Wings win.

venom
05-24-2013, 05:40 AM
Was at the Rangers game last night- BIG Win . In Hank we Trust

GoSlash27
05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
Wings beat Hawks and are now up 3-1. Would be a major upset if the Wings win.
Ya know who else is up 3-1....
Just sayin'

Spike
05-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Was at the Rangers game last night- BIG Win . In Hank we Trust

thanks for not getting swept - Torts is always entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmP0oQLLVmk

venom
05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Kiss my Ass !!!!!!

X-Terminator
05-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Torts hates everybody, even himself. He even told one of the linesmen to STFU, who promptly said "fuck you!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJbR8mlhX6k

Ya know who else is up 3-1....
Just sayin'

Yes, and after watching the DVR of Wednesday's game, the Sens look like a beaten team. So I think the Pens close it out tonight, and I'm $25 lighter in the wallet.

GBMelBlount
05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Torts hates everybody, even himself. He even told one of the linesmen to STFU, who promptly said "fuck you!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJbR8mlhX6k

Yes, and after watching the DVR of Wednesday's game, the Sens look like a beaten team. So I think the Pens close it out tonight, and I'm $25 lighter in the wallet.

LOL.

Saying "F you!" in NY & NJ is about as common as saying "Hi" in PA.

...and I gotta say, the Pens have really been exciting to watch these playoffs.

I feel like they have got some momentum and chemisty.

Count Steeler
05-24-2013, 05:03 PM
I hope the Pens bury the Senators. However, I don't think it is going to happen. Pens still win though.

salamander
05-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Both the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are in the conference finals. That makes me one happy Pens fan.

stillers4me
05-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for your generous donation, XT! :penguins:

X-Terminator
05-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your generous donation, XT! :penguins:

Well, I'm a man of my word. SU is $25 richer.

Count Steeler
05-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Well, I'm a man of my word. SU is $25 richer.

Thanks XT. Bring on the Bruins!

stillers4me
05-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic6m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/338125303165636608)
Paul MacLean on #Pens (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Pens&src=hash): “I hope they don’t bill us for the clinic. I think they really showed the step you have to take.” #TribHKY (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23TribHKY&src=hash)

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic6m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/338125594271301632)
MacLean, on talking to Sid in handshake line: “I’m from Nova Scotia, and I’m proud to say the best player in the world is from Nova Scotia.”

Ottawa Senators‏@NHL_Sens30m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/NHL_Sens/status/338119765413482496)
Congratulations and good luck to the Pittsburgh @Penguins (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins) in the Eastern Conference Final.

#classy

salamander
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic6m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/338125303165636608)
Paul MacLean on #Pens (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Pens&src=hash): “I hope they don’t bill us for the clinic. I think they really showed the step you have to take.” #TribHKY (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23TribHKY&src=hash)

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic6m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/338125594271301632)
MacLean, on talking to Sid in handshake line: “I’m from Nova Scotia, and I’m proud to say the best player in the world is from Nova Scotia.”

Ottawa Senators‏@NHL_Sens30m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/NHL_Sens/status/338119765413482496)
Congratulations and good luck to the Pittsburgh @Penguins (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins) in the Eastern Conference Final.

#classy

After the whole Matt Cooke fiasco during the regular season, that's good to see. The Sens have a bright future.

bayz101
05-25-2013, 12:00 AM
So, XT, do we lose the next series? :chuckle:

The Pens pretty much dominated the series, and they've been getting progressively better with each game. Things are looking good.

zulater
05-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Game 4 is debatable as well. The Pens outplayed the Isles by a large margin in the 2nd period of game 4 only to have Fleury throw it away in the last minute of the period. Then the Pens go up early in the 3rd and then fleury gives up another softie. Soft goals in the playoffs absolutely kill a team. Take away fleury and I think the Pens win game 4 going away.

I don't think the Pens have played their best hockey yet. Getting out of the 1st round was a huge emotional hurdle after two straight years of losing to lower seeded teams. I think with that weight off their back they can now relax and play closer to their true ability.

I stand by the Pens in 5. But if it goes to six I wont be shocked, but the Pens will still win.

Nailed it! http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/genius.gif :wink02:

Count Steeler
05-25-2013, 06:04 AM
So, XT, do we lose the next series? :chuckle:

The Pens pretty much dominated the series, and they've been getting progressively better with each game. Things are looking good.

Boston >>>>>>>>>>> Ottawa. Especially in the playoffs. I still think the Pens win, but it won't be easy. This next series is won or loss on goaltending.

Seven
05-25-2013, 06:12 AM
Last night was an awesome night. Here's hoping we can carry this momentum all the way through until the cup is lifted.

zulater
05-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Boston >>>>>>>>>>> Ottawa. Especially in the playoffs. I still think the Pens win, but it won't be easy. This next series is won or loss on goaltending.

I disagree. No doubt the Pens need solid play between the pipes to win any series, but they don't have to have the better goaltender to win. The Pens generate a higher volume of quality scoring chances than any team in the league. Even when they're outshot it's the quality of those shots that spell the difference. I mean it's not like Anderson all of a sudden forgot how to play goal.Against the Canadians he was the best goalie in the playoffs. Same with Nabokov, he was as hot as any goalie in the league at the end of the season. Against the Pens, not so much. Anyway if Vokoun had to face the same barrage that the Bruins or Rangers goalie will see, then yeah maybe that would be the decider. But that's not how it's going to happen. The Pens offense is chess to everyone else's checkers ( at least as far as eastern conference competition is concerned) the Pens come at you in waves when they get focused.

I'm real tempted to take the Pens in 5 against either team they could face in the next round. But I'll wait to see who prevails before making my official pick.

43Hitman
05-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Nailed it! http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/genius.gif :wink02:

So what do you want? A medal or a chest to pin it on?

zulater
05-25-2013, 07:21 AM
So what do you want? A medal or a chest to pin it on?

I was thinking more along the lines of a cash prize.

stillers4me
05-25-2013, 07:24 AM
:cookie:

Take or leave it, Zu. :lol:

43Hitman
05-25-2013, 07:28 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of a cash prize.

:chuckle:

stillers4me
05-25-2013, 07:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLHEX38CcAIijdV.jpg:large

Spike
05-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Kiss my Ass !!!!!!

Boston almost lost to the Leafs after blowing a 3-1 lead, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers made this series a little tighter

Go Rangers! knock them around some more

That home ice is looking pretty good for the Pens now, eh. I guess Pittsburgh is Canada's team now.

Spike
05-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Hatty was the best - who is that masked man? Where did he come from?

http://i43.tinypic.com/294nfgk.gif

Count Steeler
05-25-2013, 10:20 AM
I disagree. No doubt the Pens need solid play between the pipes to win any series, but they don't have to have the better goaltender to win. The Pens generate a higher volume of quality scoring chances than any team in the league. Even when they're outshot it's the quality of those shots that spell the difference. I mean it's not like Anderson all of a sudden forgot how to play goal.Against the Canadians he was the best goalie in the playoffs. Same with Nabokov, he was as hot as any goalie in the league at the end of the season. Against the Pens, not so much. Anyway if Vokoun had to face the same barrage that the Bruins or Rangers goalie will see, then yeah maybe that would be the decider. But that's not how it's going to happen. The Pens offense is chess to everyone else's checkers ( at least as far as eastern conference competition is concerned) the Pens come at you in waves when they get focused.

I'm real tempted to take the Pens in 5 against either team they could face in the next round. But I'll wait to see who prevails before making my official pick.

Fluery did.

Boston is a much more physical team and if they get on a roll they are going to be a problem for the Pens, unless the goaltending remains strong. The only reason the Leafs came back on the Bruins was goaltending and hustle. Boston probably got a bit over confident against the Leafs after they were up 3-1, Reimer got hot for 2 and 2/3 games.
I don't think Vokoun broke a sweat against the Sens. He will against the Bruins.

Spike
05-25-2013, 10:40 AM
We can thank the Isles for benching Fleury - Pens beat the Broons 3-0 during the regular season without our big guns even playing - Chara is slow and Tuukka is no better than Anderson.

get some rest boys, take care of them bumps and bruises

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2675397/sticknuts_medium.gif

stillers4me
05-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Now, I'm admitedly new to watching hockey, (don't call me a bandwagoner, I support all my hometown teams) and have just recently begun watching on a regular basis, but even I can see how how much better they are playing right now versus the beginning of the Islanders series. It seems they are peaking at the right time and I'm really enjoying learning about the game.

Count Steeler
05-25-2013, 01:09 PM
We can thank the Isles for benching Fleury - Pens beat the Broons 3-0 during the regular season without our big guns even playing - Chara is slow and Tuukka is no better than Anderson.

get some rest boys, take care of them bumps and bruises

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2675397/sticknuts_medium.gif

For that play alone, I am so glad the Senators got spanked. Chris Neil should get a hefty fine for that. But probably won't.

Spike
05-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Rangers fans are funny,

Imagine what Pittsburgh would do to a banged up, tired Ranger team if they somehow manage to claw their way past Boston. I think I'd rather they lose. Hard to watch pens as I hate them more than any other team. I also had really high hopes for the Sens against them and I'm having a hard time dealing with the disappointment.

oneforthetoe
05-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the Pens can get passed either team in 6 games, but they can't get lazy anymore. Both teams are well coached (although, I hate to admit with regards to the Rangers) and disciplined. Boston would be the tougher match-up because of experience and I think they are just the the better team. The only thing worrisome about the Rangers is that they have a goalie very capable of stealing a couple of games.

Like I said, the Pens should win the conference champ in 6.

X-Terminator
05-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Fluery did.

Boston is a much more physical team and if they get on a roll they are going to be a problem for the Pens, unless the goaltending remains strong. The only reason the Leafs came back on the Bruins was goaltending and hustle. Boston probably got a bit over confident against the Leafs after they were up 3-1, Reimer got hot for 2 and 2/3 games.
I don't think Vokoun broke a sweat against the Sens. He will against the Bruins.

There's not much question the Bruins are a better team, however scoring goals is a huge problem for them, and their PP is horrid. Still, their defense and goaltending makes them a tough matchup. I'm not all that worried about their physical play - the Pens can match them hit for hit, and the Pens' PP will keep them from being overly aggressive. I say the Pens win in 6 if they face each other.

The only team that really scares me, and I hate to put the cart before the horse, is Los Angeles. They have a perfect mix of size, speed, skill, physicality and great goaltending. Their one weakness is that, like the Bruins, they have trouble scoring goals at times, but everything else they do well makes up for that. They're the only team left that I think can truly beat the Penguins.

Now, I'm admitedly new to watching hockey, (don't call me a bandwagoner, I support all my hometown teams) and have just recently begun watching on a regular basis, but even I can see how how much better they are playing right now versus the beginning of the Islanders series. It seems they are peaking at the right time and I'm really enjoying learning about the game.

I'd never call you a bandwagon fan. There's a difference between a bandwagoner and someone who truly is new to the game and is trying to learn it. That alone separates you from about 30-40% of Pens fans. We have probably the biggest bandwagon fan base this side of Washington and LA.

For that play alone, I am so glad the Senators got spanked. Chris Neil should get a hefty fine for that. But probably won't.

Neil is a dirtbag, plain and simple. I'm just waiting for the day he gets Domi-on-Ulf'd.

Rangers fans are funny,

Imagine what Pittsburgh would do to a banged up, tired Ranger team if they somehow manage to claw their way past Boston. I think I'd rather they lose. Hard to watch pens as I hate them more than any other team. I also had really high hopes for the Sens against them and I'm having a hard time dealing with the disappointment.

Venom? Is that you?

Spike
05-26-2013, 07:04 AM
now that the Hawks won, I think the earliest this series would start is Wednesday and the latest is Friday.

This series was pretty much destined to happen.. Strongest rosters in the East. Last two Eastern teams to win the cup. Should be a thriller.

"What are you supposed to say? That we're not all in?
Yeah, we're all in. We want to win." - - Ray Shero

43Hitman
05-26-2013, 07:14 AM

Me too! Although I don't really have a home team to root for, unless you count the Caps, but I can't stand the way their fans act around here. So I started rooting for the Pens a year or so ago, admittedly I have a lot to learn about the game, but it sure is fun to watch. Go Pens!

Spike
05-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Like the Bruins, the Penguins are big and bad.

That is no accident.

Those marvelous moves by Penguins general manager Ray Shero from late-March to early-April — trades for wingers Brenden Morrow and Jarome Iginla, defenseman Douglas Murray and forward Jussi Jokinen — were made with an eye toward a best-of-seven showdown with an opponent of shared playoff attributes and acumen.

An opponent like the Bruins, whose reputation as bruising bullies cloaks their collective skill, just as the Penguins' collection of shining scorers shadows their team toughness.

“The toughness they bring to our group is not fighting,” Shero said. “It's taking a punch, sacrificing to get to the net, getting run over without retaliating. That veteran experience kind of toughness is what you need, and all those guys have brought that.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4084787-74/penguins-shero-crosby#axzz2UMwBsefk

Spike
05-26-2013, 08:07 AM
let the games begin...please!

Milan Lucic: "No doubt they’re a great hockey club. In my mind, they’re almost like Miami Heat of the NHL w/all the star power" #BruinsTalk

stillers4me
05-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Pens wallpapers...

http://www.pensinitiative.com/2013/05/desktop-wallpapers-by-ryannoble66.html

stillers4me
05-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Pittsburgh Penguins‏@penguins55m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins/status/338682446772068352)
Captain Crosby is without his jaw protector http://instagram.com/p/Zx8u6BupJJ/ (http://t.co/e1QNaZBGla)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/934862_10151924586188765_127127789_n.jpg

stillers4me
05-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Seth Rorabaugh‏@emptynetters19m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/emptynetters/status/338704046040965120)
Pens win vs. the Sens means Sharks get a 2nd-rounder from Pens in 2014 as condition of Douglas Murray trade: http://bit.ly/11k4OD6 (http://t.co/qKcFp5Ykma)

stillers4me
05-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Pens Inside Scoop‏@PensInsideScoop5m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/PensInsideScoop/status/338716317978857473)
But no matter when the #Pens (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Pens&src=hash) start, Bylsma said he didn't want to have more than 2 days off in a row. That's why they practiced today

X-Terminator
05-26-2013, 01:58 PM
That 2nd round pick for Murray is well worth it, IMO. He has been a rock - literally and figuratively - on D. Also, nice to see Crosby without the jaw guard. Hope none of the cheap Bruins players go after it now.

Spike
05-26-2013, 02:40 PM
I hope Iggy gets the game winning goal in all 4.

fuck Boston

zulater
05-26-2013, 05:35 PM
XT is picking the Pens to win over the Bruins?! http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/Drogar-Scared(LBG).gif for the first time since these playoffs started I'm genuinely scared!
http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/nailbiter.gif

salamander
05-26-2013, 07:15 PM
XT is picking the Pens to win over the Bruins?! http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/Drogar-Scared(LBG).gif for the first time since these playoffs started I'm genuinely scared!

I'm with you on that one.... :chuckle:

zulater
05-26-2013, 07:23 PM
I'll take the Pens in 6. I think they go down 2 games to 1 after the first 3 games, XT voids his prediction, declares the season over, and then the Pens win the next 3. :chuckle:

salamander
05-26-2013, 09:16 PM
After taking game 1 of the AHL Eastern conference finals 4-2, the WBS Pens lost to Syracuse 3-2 tonight. The series is tied 1-1 and shifts to Wilkes-Barre for games 3 & 4 on Wednesday and Friday.

Spike
05-26-2013, 10:43 PM
meanwhile the Sharks hold on for another nailbiter win, we got a Game 7

I think Go Wings!

X-Terminator
05-26-2013, 10:47 PM

I'm with you on that one.... :chuckle:

Very funny. So funny, I forgot to laugh.

The way the Pens played in the last 3 games against the Sens gives me confidence they will beat Boston. All they have to do is avoid the mistakes that have plagued them at times, and they should be OK. The Bruins will give them all they can handle, though.

salamander
05-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Very funny. So funny, I forgot to laugh.

The way the Pens played in the last 3 games against the Sens gives me confidence they will beat Boston. All they have to do is avoid the mistakes that have plagued them at times, and they should be OK. The Bruins will give them all they can handle, though.

Sorry, X-T. It's all in good fun. :)

Spike
05-27-2013, 08:06 AM
It's on now, bitches

Crosby Cleared to Remove Jaw Protector

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sidney-crosby4.jpg?w=320

“It feels weird cause I’m used to wearing the full-face (shield) for a month,” Crosby said. It feels weird, but seeing is much better. "

“It might take a few days. I won’t be sticking my head in front of the net as much as I would with a full-face on. But a few practices and I should be back to normal.”

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672046

Spike
05-27-2013, 09:12 AM
The way the Pens played in the last 3 games against the Sens gives me confidence they will beat Boston.

bandwagon whore

stillers4me
05-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Pittsburgh Penguins‏@penguins1h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/penguins/status/339041349095550978)
All on the ice for today's skate, including Neal and Kunitz who missed yesterday's practice. Crosby's jaw protector is not present.

X-Terminator
05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
bandwagon whore

Bite me.

Talk to me about "bandwagon" when you pay a lot of money to go to games knowing that the Pens were going to lose 7 out of 10 times. That would be the 2003-04 team that had an unknown defenseman named Dick Tarnstrom lead the team in scoring. I still went to every game that season and never ONCE thought about not renewing. Sat through 4 straight losing seasons from 2001-02 when Kovalev got traded back to the Rangers until 2006-07. I was at the very first game of the Pens' current 283-game sellout streak. Being a season ticket holder for 14 years HARDLY qualifies me as a "bandwagon fan," and neither you nor anyone else gets to tell me otherwise.

Spike
05-27-2013, 02:15 PM
you're so easy, whiny whore

Go Wings!

this sucks...

It's NOT official, but network TV source says word is Penguins-Bruins start Friday if Detroit wins tonight, Saturday if Hawks force a Game 7

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/statuses/339085469759455232

X-Terminator
05-27-2013, 02:18 PM
ha ha - you're so easy, whiny whore

Yeah, about the expected response. Typical of someone who has nothing left.

This convo's done.

7SteelGal43
05-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Good grief, spike. I'm not even here that often over the years and even I know XT is no bandwagon Pens fan. GEEESH.

On another note, is it just me or did anyone else want to thunder punch Neil in the throat ? That's the same 'punk a$$ b*tch' playing that i've come to expect from the Sens. Enjoy the offseason, Neil.

Spike
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Sens in 6

meanwhile, Wings got a little too cocky with the lead and it cost them

back to back nights with Game 7's now

I love it

Count Steeler
05-28-2013, 04:36 AM
Sens in 6

meanwhile, Wings got a little too cocky with the lead and it cost them

back to back nights with Game 7's now

I love it

:huh: I assume you mean Pens. I'm leaning the same way.

zulater
05-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry, X-T. It's all in good fun. :)

Same here. :drink:

Spike
05-28-2013, 08:26 AM
:huh: I assume you mean Pens. I'm leaning the same way.

you would assume wrong - how long have you been reading this thread?

my god people, are you all dense?

I was yanking X's chain for being a Pens doubter

Isles in 7. Lock it down.

I'm calling Sens in 6.

Spike
05-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Up 3-1 in the series then 2-1 in a game 6, they had it in their hand and blow it, gut-wrenching loss for the Wings, but half of their "hockey town" crowd left the building early enough they didn't see the 1 goal loss

Stupid wings. If they scored a 3rd goal in that flurry of chances at the end of the 2nd period when Chicago was tumbling like a punchdrunk boxer, the series is over

now I'm not sure I want the Wings to win anyway, I think the Hawks can be an easier out than Detroit

Go Sharks!

Spike
05-28-2013, 12:20 PM
still nothing official, but looking like Sat

The Eastern Conference Final begins Saturday in Pittsburgh. HNIC will televise that series and Games 4-7 of the West Final.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/339210293609627651

X-Terminator
05-28-2013, 01:25 PM
you would assume wrong - how long have you been reading this thread?

my god people, are you all dense?

I was yanking X's chain for being a Pens doubter

I haven't been in a good mood the past few days, sorry. I deserve to have my chain yanked for those calls.

Anyway, if the game is Saturday, that is great news for me, because any other day I probably would not have been able to go. I still feel good about this series, especially if the B's play old and slow Ference and Redden on D over Krug and Bartkowski.

Spike
05-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Hearing there is a ton of pressure to start the East Final on Thursday...nothing Official yet. But stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statuses/339509005640663041

bayz101
05-28-2013, 06:42 PM
I haven't been in a good mood the past few days, sorry. I deserve to have my chain yanked for those calls.

Anyway, if the game is Saturday, that is great news for me, because any other day I probably would not have been able to go. I still feel good about this series, especially if the B's play old and slow Ference and Redden on D over Krug and Bartkowski.

No you don't! Keep calling the series in the opponents favor. We seem to win a lot that way. :lol:

Just playing with ya buddy. :chuckle:

steelerdude15
05-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Hearing there is a ton of pressure to start the East Final on Thursday...nothing Official yet. But stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statuses/339509005640663041

I think that would be a good starting time. The Western Conference Final should be set by Wednesday night and I think that hockey fans would be excited for one huge match up three nights in a row. It could possibly make the ratings go up, but that is just a guess.

X-Terminator
05-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Official - the series starts Saturday: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672288&navid=DL|PIT|home

Spike
05-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Back-to-back Game 6-7 after giving each team a week+ off?

Better end this in 5.

stillers4me
05-29-2013, 05:47 AM
uggghh.... all the games start 8:00.

Do me a favor, guys....stay out of overtime. And double overtime.

Spike
05-29-2013, 08:22 AM
so you lose an extra half hour of sleep?

suck it up, these are the playoffs

43Hitman
05-29-2013, 08:31 AM

:lol: :drink:

Spike
05-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Fun facts: It's been 20 years since a Canadian team last won the Stanley Cup

Ole Ole Ole

Spike
05-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Buh bye Torts.

Tortorella relieved of coaching duties

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672383&navid=DL|NYR|home

X-Terminator
05-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Buh bye Torts.

Tortorella relieved of coaching duties

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672383&navid=DL|NYR|home

No surprise there. I suspect Lindy Ruff will be their next coach - he spent most of his playing career as a Ranger.

Spike
05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Lindy doesn't like Swedish goaltenders, so the Rangers trade Lundqvist to us for Fleury, I could go for that

stillers4me
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM

Oh, no problem. I will.

My alarm still goes off at 5:30 am.

Note the time right now. I just got home from work. So I'd be very appreciative of them taking care of business within regulation time.

Thanks.

Spike
05-29-2013, 06:32 PM
move to a state with Central Time

ha ha - I love them 7 pm starts

43Hitman
05-29-2013, 07:56 PM
move to a state with Central Time

ha ha - I love them 7 pm starts

Now you're just being a pain in the ass, as usual. :lol:

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

zulater
05-29-2013, 09:07 PM
The skill level being displayed between the Blackhawks and Red Wings is so much greater than what was displayed between the Kings and Sharks the night before.

Count Steeler
05-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Barn burner in Chicago. OT, game 7. Looked like the Black Hawks had scored the winning goal, but the refs were calling penalties before the goal.

X-Terminator
05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Oh boy...God help those refs if the Wings end up winning this game. They may not make it out of Chicago alive.

zulater
05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
If the Hawks lose this game that non goal will live on in infamy.

zulater
05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Oh well at least they made the blackhawks sweat.

X-Terminator
05-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Not sure how much gas Chicago and LA will have left since both just played grueling 7-game series. This one could go 7 games as well. The Pens/Bruins could benefit big time from that in the Final.

Fun fact: The East and West finals will feature the last 4 Stanley Cup champions. Not sure if that's ever happened before.

Hindes204
05-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Not sure how much gas Chicago and LA will have left since both just played grueling 7-game series. This one could go 7 games as well. The Pens/Bruins could benefit big time from that in the Final.

Fun fact: The East and West finals will feature the last 4 Stanley Cup champions. Not sure if that's ever happened before.

Even crazier is that prior to this game, the last five remaining were the last 5 to win

Spike
05-29-2013, 10:47 PM

Detroit looked like the more dangerous team, by far........but they didn't deserve to win that one after that atrocious call

Hawks also now have home ice throughout the playoffs - go Kings!

in other news

I had no idea the Kings used Cartman skits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xsIBbIWW1i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuOLmWwtas&feature=player_embedded

Spike
05-30-2013, 11:09 AM
a new tactic, now they're trying the underdog "poor us" routine

"We’re in over our heads"

“They are the favorites,” conceded Brad Marchand. “They have a lot of guys who are very skilled, very talented. They have the two best players in the world and the third and fourth lines are playing so well right now. We’re in over our heads. We have a big job to do and we’re all excited about trying it out and seeing how it goes.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/05/buckley_don_t_count_out_underdog_bruins

The Patriot
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Should be a great series.

X-Terminator
05-30-2013, 11:40 AM
a new tactic, now they're trying the underdog "poor us" routine

"We’re in over our heads"

“They are the favorites,” conceded Brad Marchand. “They have a lot of guys who are very skilled, very talented. They have the two best players in the world and the third and fourth lines are playing so well right now. We’re in over our heads. We have a big job to do and we’re all excited about trying it out and seeing how it goes.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/05/buckley_don_t_count_out_underdog_bruins

That goes along with Milan Lucic calling the Pens the Miami Heat of the NHL. I hope the Pens aren't buying it and get overconfident.

Spike
05-30-2013, 05:45 PM
I expect Sid to bust their assgrys without his jaw protector.

Spike
05-30-2013, 06:54 PM
ARRRRRGH!!!

Is it freaking Saturday yet?

that is all

- - - Updated - - -

Canadians say: YOUR CALL: WHO IS THE FAVOURITE TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP?

In the East, the top-seeded Pittsburgh Penguins will collide with the fourth-place Boston Bruins in a meeting of two well-rested clubs. When the puck drops on Saturday night, each team will have had nearly a week off thanks to playing five-game series in the last round.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424335

---------------------

love the comments

Pens all the way. With Voukon in net we can't lose!!

GBMelBlount
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
ARRRRRGH!!!

Is it freaking Saturday yet?

that is all

- - - Updated - - -

Canadians say: YOUR CALL: WHO IS THE FAVOURITE TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP?

In the East, the top-seeded Pittsburgh Penguins will collide with the fourth-place Boston Bruins in a meeting of two well-rested clubs. When the puck drops on Saturday night, each team will have had nearly a week off thanks to playing five-game series in the last round.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424335

---------------------

love the comments

Pens all the way. With Voukon in net we can't lose!!

It seemed like they were clicking on all cylinders last series and Voukon has been steady.

It really seems like they are peaking at the right time.

I am not a huge hockey fan but am thoroughly enjoying watching them dominate.

Good luck to the Penguins and all you fans this next series.

Spike
05-31-2013, 04:47 PM
This series is pretty much exactly why we got Iginla, Morrow and Murray - but who knew Shero's biggest prize in FA was going to be Vokoun.

Spike
06-01-2013, 08:19 AM
I predict Broons game plan will be Flyers-esque…goon it up early and hope the Pens get off their game.

But the Pens don't hate them the way they hate the Flyers...I don't think that will work. It will be a bummer for the fans of which ever team loses, 8 freaking days and all this build-up for a loss will suck.

Count Steeler
06-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Get Rask rattled early and the Pens can take this in 4/5 games. Let him get hot and confident, and it may go 7 the bad way.

Here's to the Pens in the final!

steeldevil
06-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Lets go Pens!

steelerdude15
06-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Lets go Pens! This is going to be a tough series, but I think they can win this!

X-Terminator
06-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm down at the arena for the game, so again if they lose, it's my fault. ;)

Polamalu Princess
06-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Let's go Pens!!!!!!!!!

zulater
06-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm down at the arena for the game, so again if they lose, it's my fault. ;)

Duly noted. I think the Pens will lose 2 of the first 3 games of the series, but rally and win it in six or seven.

GBMelBlount
06-01-2013, 08:59 PM
What a game....

We haven't lost yet....just saw one fly off the post and we missed a lot of missed opportunities in the first.

Let's get a goal quick.

It is going to be a wicked 3rd period.

X-Terminator
06-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Don't think we have a chance in hell tonight. The Pens are being screwed hard by the refs.

GBMelBlount
06-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't think we have a chance in hell tonight. The Pens are being screwed hard by the refs.

Absolutely..

But it's a one goal game on home ice and we are fired up.

Let's go Pens.

zulater
06-01-2013, 09:05 PM

No sure why Cooke gets 5 and tossed and Marchand only gets 2? Not saying Marchand deserved 5, but Cooke didn't either. That was a shafting by the refs, losing Cooke is significant. I just pray the douches at the home office don't suspend Cooke.

zulater
06-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Snake bit tonight. Game 2 is a must win now.

Count Steeler
06-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Just got home, down 3-0? This one is going 7.

X-Terminator
06-01-2013, 10:37 PM
The refereeing aside, the Pens played well for about 25 minutes, then got away from their game and didn't play very well at all the final 35 minutes. They weren't sharp, stopped skating, didn't manage the puck well and couldn't capitalize on the numerous chances they did have. It looked like a lot of their losses this season quite honestly. But give the Bruins credit - they played a good game, and Rask was sharp.

I expect some lineup changes and a better effort in game 2. Lose that, and they're probably done.

zulater
06-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Wonder if the league will have the balls to admit that Cooke shouldn't have been issued a major penalty? McQuaid clearly looked over his shoulder and saw the hit coming.

Devilsdancefloor
06-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Cooke will get a game off since he is a repeat offender i don like it , but i think that is just reality in the bettman hockey world. They look out of sync to me and then geno gets into a fight? He was the best looking player for the pens at the time in my opinion. BTW i am really hoping for a hawks/ pens match up so i can get some love for you all :lol: LETS GO HAWKS!

X-Terminator
06-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Wonder if the league will have the balls to admit that Cooke shouldn't have been issued a major penalty? McQuaid clearly looked over his shoulder and saw the hit coming.

We're talking about Matt Cooke and Brendan Shanahan. So no, that isn't happening. More than likely he will be sitting out game 2, which would be complete bullshit. That was a total reputation call, especially considering Marchand's hit only got 2 minutes. And this is coming from someone who is no fan of Cooke.

zulater
06-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Clearly a hit right through the numbers,” said coach Dan Bylsma, admitting that the hit deserved a penalty. “I don't think it was rough hit. I think he was going into the boards with him. I'm not sure I thought it warranted a five-minute penalty.”
Boston coach Claude Julien didn't necessarily disagree.
Julien said he didn't have a good view of the hit and preferred not to offer an opinion. However, in an interview with NBC during the contest, Julien said McQuaid “put himself in a vulnerable position.”
Indeed, an instant before Cooke delivered the hit, McQuaid turned his shoulders toward Cooke. The defenseman then turned his back to Cooke, who took one stride before delivering the hit.
Cooke was not available to discuss the incident. His teammates, while acknowledging a penalty was deserved, widely came to his defense.
“Personally, I didn't think it did (warrant an ejection),” forward Jarome Iginla said. “It happens so fast.”
What incensed the Penguins wasn't just that Cooke received a major penalty, but that on a similar hit later in the game, Boston's Brad Marchand did not receive the same punishment.
Marchand took multiple strides before hitting right wing James Neal from behind into the boards by the Penguins bench. He immediately was assessed a two-minute penalty.
“I don't see the difference,” center Sidney Crosby said.
Marchand doesn't possess Cooke's reputation, nor is he expected to be nominated for the Lady Byng Trophy anytime soon. Many of the Penguins believe comparable punishments would have been appropriate.
“Marchand's hit almost could have been more dangerous,” Penguins defenseman Matt Niskanen said. “Nealer was farther from the boards than (McQuaid) was. He was more vulnerable. He was hit more awkwardly. It's a dangerous play.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/4123740-74/cooke-hit-penguins#ixzz2V36i2gpD
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Spike
06-02-2013, 05:53 AM
well I was wrong, it was the Pens came out being the goons and it cost them a game

awesome to watch though!

Calm down 87, play your game. You are fine.

Spike
06-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly
#Penguins Crosby said inconsistent officiating helped contribute to emotions and frustrations boiling over in loss to boston

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly
Crosby: "They're letting a lot go out there, and the more it gets like that, the more it’s going to escalate. You can only control and channel that stuff so much. You keep letting guys do that stuff, you’re just going to push the envelope. That’s something we obviously want to stay away from, but it’s kind of a natural thing when it gets like that. It was just hard to gauge. Interference calls where you barely catch a guy, and then you’re allowing punches to the head. Are we going to play, or are we going to call those little things once in a while? It’s hard to get a temperature on the game when that stuff is going on. Then you let a few of those go and everything starts getting out of hand. We’ve just got to focus on playing." #Penguins

Sid needs to calm the fuck down, complaining about the officials when you lose just makes you look like a whiny loser.

@RealKyper: As expected no further #NHL discipline regarding #Pens Cooke hit on #Bruins McQuaid. Cooke available

https://twitter.com/realkyper/status/341056848239136768

X-Terminator
06-02-2013, 07:51 AM
But he's not wrong. I clearly saw that last night being at the game. The refs were atrocious last night, letting Boston get away with post-whistle stuff, an absolutely awful interference call on Orpik and the obvious difference in the calls on Cooke and Marchand. Of course, if Crosby says it, he's immediately labeled a whiner, but if anyone else says it, no one cares. I'm a little sick of the double-standard when it comes to Sid because people can't get over his actions when he first came into the league.

Spike
06-02-2013, 08:24 AM
well I've watched every Pens game this year and when they start running around like chickens with their heads cut off, they lose

the Pens let the refs calls get to them, let them get in their heads and off their game, it's their own fault - Flyers series meltdown all over again

All they had to do was stay calm, work their game get one past Rask and the floodgates would open, you could feel it

Letang turns in another horrible defensive show and fucking Kunitz and Sid can't hit an open net - everyone playing 180mph when 75mph would have done it

+ Malkin

- everyone else

GBMelBlount
06-02-2013, 09:09 AM
well I've watched every Pens game this year and when they start running around like chickens with their heads cut off, they lose

the Pens let the refs calls get to them, let them get in their heads and off their game, it's their own fault - Flyers series meltdown all over again

All they had to do was stay calm, work their game get one past Rask and the floodgates would open, you could feel it

Letang turns in another horrible defensive show and fucking Kunitz and Sid can't hit an open net - everyone playing 180mph when 75mph would have done it

+ Malkin

- everyone else

They lost their composure and overplayed.

They also had a few bad bounces that could have kept the game close and changed the outcome.

Shit happens.

vader29
06-02-2013, 10:48 AM
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHpNwk8N40

salamander
06-02-2013, 11:10 AM
The Pens organization decided to use the AHL conference finals to evaluate guys like Olli Maata, Scott Harrington and Derrick Pouliot. The result? Being completely outmatched by the Syracuse Crunch and the WBS Pens being eliminated from the playoffs. Those guys never played a shift in pro hockey before and they screwed the Baby Pens chances of advancing to the Calder Cup finals.

/end rant.

Spike
06-02-2013, 02:34 PM
They lost their composure and overplayed.

They also had a few bad bounces that could have kept the game close and changed the outcome.

Shit happens.

96 straight games without being shut out and they had to pick this game

Count Steeler
06-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Reported on TSN, Cooke won't be facing further discipline for his hit.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424558

Spike
06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
wow - all my rooting for teams out West has doomed them - Blues, Sharks and now Kings
Quick gets yanked after giving up 4 early,

zulater
06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Reported on TSN, Cooke won't be facing further discipline for his hit.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424558

Wow mighty big of the league. :sarcasm:

Considering it shouldn't have been a major penalty to start with and the Pens blew their cool because the Bruins got the kid glove treatment on a worse hit. :frusty:

zulater
06-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Penguins winger Matt Cooke today described in detail his controversial hit on Boston's Adam McQuaid in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final.

Cooke got a major penalty for hitting from behind plus an automatic game misconduct. He will not face a disciplinary hearing.

Cooke's account of hit

Here's his account:
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/penguins-plus/121465-cookes-account-of-hit

"I chipped the puck in [to the offensive zone] early, just after [crossing] the red line. I had quite a bit of interference from [Boston defenseman Torey] Krug, which pushed me inside. After I get by him, I look up. I see [McQuaid's] right shoulder, and he looks me right in the eyes. I think at the last minute he goes to make a reverse with the puck. I was committed to hit him. I don't drive him through the boards. I make contact. I think it's a penalty, but I don't think it's an ejection or a suspension. But that's my opinion."

Devilsdancefloor
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
wow - all my rooting for teams out West has doomed them - Blues, Sharks and now Kings
http://i39.tinypic.com/10gdyjt.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Lets go HAWKS!

X-Terminator
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM

I had better see Rask suffer the same fate tomorrow night.

Spike
06-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Lets go HAWKS!

I wanted to see a goalie brawl

Bernier was gonna go punch Crawford but the refs stopped him

http://24.media.tumblr.com/231f934a88e4c417668e001efe4fc75c/tumblr_mnsqa727zv1qhkatoo2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a8fd7df1fd5dce7932b4feea621b997/tumblr_mnsvyvrnMN1qg71cno1_400.gif

Spike
06-03-2013, 05:20 AM
I had better see Rask suffer the same fate tomorrow night.

why not win 1-0?

We played better when you picked against the Pens - I'm blaming you.

Devilsdancefloor
06-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I wanted to see a goalie brawl

Bernier was gonna go punch Crawford but the refs stopped him

http://24.media.tumblr.com/231f934a88e4c417668e001efe4fc75c/tumblr_mnsqa727zv1qhkatoo2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a8fd7df1fd5dce7932b4feea621b997/tumblr_mnsvyvrnMN1qg71cno1_400.gif

I was lol at crow grabbing his head like a freaking bear! i want to see a goalie fight it has been far to long since i have seen one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmMX3XEeajg

this is one of the best ones i can remember

X-Terminator
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM
One of my favorite goalie fights of all time. Hextall was a lunatic, and Felix the Cat stood right in there toe-to-toe with him.

Roy vs. Vernon was pretty good as well.

X-Terminator
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
why not win 1-0?

We played better when you picked against the Pens - I'm blaming you.

If they lose again tonight, the beard comes off and I will officially declare them done like dinner.

zulater
06-03-2013, 01:02 PM
If they lose again tonight, the beard comes off and I will officially declare them done like dinner.

Why don't you declare them "dead like dinner" now, so they got a chance to win tonight?

In your gut right now, tell me do you really think they're going to win tonight? And if not by extension isn't the season in fact already over?

C'mon, we're all counting on you! :wink02:

Spike
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Fire fucking Blysma and send Fleury out of town with him
- that was your game plan? do the same thing?

same results

Sid needs benched and take Letang with him.

X-Terminator
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Just checked the score...4-1 Bruins in the 2nd period.

This game isn't over yet, and yeah, the Pens are done. Hopefully Bylsma gets fired after the team gets swept. This is also the EXACT reason why I am always so down on them. Those bunch of overpaid, pampered fucktards ALWAYS let me down. Well, no more. They will not get one more positive comment from me until they PROVE to me they want to win. I'm also done watching hockey the rest of this season.

Spike
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Love the gameplan so far:

Turn the puck over and give up odd man rushes and breakaways? CHECK

Keep missing the net with shots? CHECK

Inability to clear your own zone? CHECK

I mean, this gameplan worked so well last time, might as well do it again

It took them one week to completely forget how to play hockey.

Polamalu Princess
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
This has been painful thus far.

GBMelBlount
06-03-2013, 08:34 PM
They are playing chickens with their heads cut off...again

Unforced errors and cluster fooks.

Slow it down, spread it out, get your composure.

Pace yourselves.

This is embarrassing.

7SteelGal43
06-03-2013, 08:42 PM
I haven't given up hope (on the series) but the Pens, and most notably Sid, are playing like a bunch of amateurs. LET'S FREAKIN' GO, PENS ! ! ! ! :penguinsflag:

- - - Updated - - -

This has been painful thus far.

excrutiatingly so

Godfather
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Just checked the score...4-1 Bruins in the 2nd period.

This game isn't over yet, and yeah, the Pens are done. Hopefully Bylsma gets fired after the team gets swept. This is also the EXACT reason why I am always so down on them. Those bunch of overpaid, pampered fucktards ALWAYS let me down. Well, no more. They will not get one more positive comment from me until they PROVE to me they want to win. I'm also done watching hockey the rest of this season.

Much better!!

Now promise us you'll never post another positive word about the Penguins or Pirates.

zulater
06-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Much better!!

Now promise us you'll never post another positive word about the Penguins or Pirates.

Yeah too bad he couldn't have done that before the game as I suggested.

This series isn't over. We just need to take the next one. I remember several years back the Pens won the first two games against the Flyers in Philly and everyone declared the series over only to have the Flyers win the next 4. This Pens teams is talented enough to win 4 out of 5.

Regardless, no profit in giving up. See it through to the end.

GoSlash27
06-03-2013, 09:38 PM
So... are we winning? :behindsofa:

Count Steeler
06-03-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure what I want more. Bylsma fired, or the Pens to win. May not be a choice if they keep playing like this. Next game is the series.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, the Leafs were down 3-1 and pretty distraught. We almost took them out in 7, had it not been for that 3rd period from hell.

Seven
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
I thought we could chalk game one up to Rask stealing one and nothing more. Now it's clear there are problems. That said, the series is hardly over.

X-Terminator
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM
They've lost their first 2 games at home, and this one in horribad fashion. What in the world makes ANYONE think this team full of spoiled jackwagons will all of a sudden decide they actually need to work to win? This team is not that 2009 team or the 1991 team. This team has no focus and they certainly don't have any coaching worth a damn. Time for Mario to take away the luxuries in the locker room, because all its done is made them fat and happy and lazy as fuck.

They're done.

GBMelBlount
06-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I am shocked by how different they are playing than the last series.

When a team this good plays this bad in the playoffs....year after year....you have to start looking at management.

They better snap the hell out of this.

steelerdude15
06-03-2013, 10:44 PM
The past two games, they've been outplayed, played with no inspiration or heart. They've been horrible in every way possible. Game three is a must win to keep any hope alive.

Spike
06-04-2013, 04:42 AM
No brains, no heart, no guts, no balls.

Sid is horrible. Team is horrible.

Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing.

stillers4me
06-04-2013, 05:37 AM
What happened to the team that won 16 in a row?

Spike
06-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Lucic/Krejci/Horton/Bergeron/Marchand: 8 goals, 15 points, +18

Crosby/Malkin/Neal/Iginla/Letang: 0 goals, 0 points, -16

venom
06-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Boston websites starting already

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YQ5Lq-NUdyU/Ua2-RSPzTrI/AAAAAAAAc-I/4_t-2zed06o/s1600/zdeno+chara+sydney+crosby.jpg

Spike
06-04-2013, 06:11 AM
panic panic panic panic panic and more panic

Fire Bylsma and hire Torts. Today.

I demand entertainment

Devilsdancefloor
06-04-2013, 07:00 AM
What happened to the team that won 16 in a row?

from the outside looking in their defense sucked the past 2 games i dont care who is in goal the D sucks so will the goalie plus they are not playing at their tempo hell half the time they cat get it through center ice. with that being said i think they can win 4 straight. Bylsma needs to mix up his lines a bit more

Spike
06-04-2013, 08:10 AM
you know what was funny, when Pierre said "Fleury starts game 3" ...and then a second later Boston scored their 6th goal.

I know I laughed

GBMelBlount
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
from the outside looking in their defense sucked the past 2 games i dont care who is in goal the D sucks so will the goalie plus they are not playing at their tempo hell half the time they cat get it through center ice. with that being said i think they can win 4 straight. Bylsma needs to mix up his lines a bit more

I think what it comes down to right now is whether or not they identify the problem and make the adjustments.

This is not a "hockey thing," it is a sports thing in general.

The first game they seemed desperate, uncomposed and out of synch.

However in the second game the same thing happened again and now it is a pattern.

Great teams and coaches make the right adjustments...it does not seem like they have yet.

So if they play the same random completely out of synch style in game 3 they deserve to lose and the blame rests primarily with the coach imo.

I watched a little locker room footage of the coach last night and I gotta say he does not seem like the type who "motivates."

I may be wrong.

zulater
06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I hope he starts Vokoun. None of the 3 goals he let in last night were his fault.

As far as the team goes, just win game 3. they're good enough, they just need to be focused and patient and it will happen. Win that one, then afterwards we can talk about the next.

I predict the Pens win game three 4-3 in a nailbiter.

Spike
06-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Bylsma declines to name Game 3 goalie, but says lineup and some line combinations will change

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/341966663886974976

steelerdude15
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I have a feeling we'll see Flower in goal for game three, but that's just my guess.

zulater
06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I have a feeling we'll see Flower in goal for game three, but that's just my guess.

That would be a huge mistake. Vokoun didn't let in any soft goals last night. He was hung out to dry on all 3. Fleury let in a soft goal moments after the Pens scored their lone goal killing off any chance of gaining momentum. Fleury is playing with zero confidence. I can't see them having any chance with him in net.

steelerdude15
06-04-2013, 12:59 PM
That would be a huge mistake. Vokoun didn't let in any soft goals last night. He was hung out to dry on all 3. Fleury let in a soft goal moments after the Pens scored their lone goal killing off any chance of gaining momentum. Fleury is playing with zero confidence. I can't see them having any chance with him in net.

I wasn't able to see the first period because I was at work. I know defense has been an issue. If they fix that, that would help whoever is starting in goal. I just hope that no matter who is playing and what not, they get things together.

Chidi29
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
The first goal was a breakaway, the second was on Letang for trying to clear to the middle, and no one was on a body on the third goal. Don't think Vokun should have been pulled in the first place and he should start Game 3.

steelerdude15
06-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for clarifying guys! I appreciate it.

GBMelBlount
06-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I hope he starts Vokoun. None of the 3 goals he let in last night were his fault.

As far as the team goes, just win game 3. they're good enough, they just need to be focused and patient and it will happen. Win that one, then afterwards we can talk about the next.

I predict the Pens win game three 4-3 in a nailbiter.

I agree with the logic on keeping Vokun in the game.

...and 4-3 Pens sounds fine to me....in fact anything does if it ends with the penguins on top.

Spike
06-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for clarifying guys! I appreciate it.

I could see how you missed the first one - half the fans probalby didn't even make it to their seats before Sid choked one up 28 sec in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcP6gWOanyE

Norris Letang made an even more boneheaded play from behind his own net for the 2nd one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WjJFPSOE2w

zulater
06-04-2013, 05:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL4dEF9CQAAg-OH.jpg

7SteelGal43
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Perhaps I spoke too soon. Look, the way I see it, either you're a fan or you ain't.

:penguinsflag:

Keepin the faith. Love for the Pens....always.

Spike
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
They've lost their first 2 games at home, and this one in horribad fashion. What in the world makes ANYONE think this team full of spoiled jackwagons will all of a sudden decide they actually need to work to win?

They're done.

that's better, that's what I want to hear - maybe there's a chance afterall!

Go Pens!