PDA

View Full Version : New here... Selling NFL football autographed by Art Rooney

d-football
04-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I have a football signed by Art Rooney in 1981. It includes the text, "Pittsburgh Steelers FootBall Club / Super Bowl Champions / 1974 * 1975 * 1978 * 1979". There is a personal message also. It was apparently used in a Steelers game, perhaps the '79 season Super Bowl. Is it possible to determine by the details on the football itself whether it was used in that Super Bowl? I have the Wilson box that it came in. I can post more details and photos here if anybody here would like me to. See those attached to this post.

Could someone tell me themselves or suggest where to post/email to find out about how much I could sell/auction it for? I have already contacted four Steelers stores in Pittsburgh, but I'm not getting much help. Thank you for your help!

fansince'76
04-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure how to authenticate that, sorry. I don't think they put special logos on game balls for Super Bowls back then like I think they do now. It would really be something if that ball was the one in this pic, though:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1980/0128_large.jpg