PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft 2013: Few teams can match productivity of Pittsburgh Steelers' first 3 pick

Count Steeler
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have to be ecstatic about the way their 2013 NFL draft board unfolded.

Pass-rushing linebacker Jarvis Jones fell to them at pick No. 17.

Highly productive and NFL-ready running back Le'Veon Bell filled a big need in the second round.

Shifty Oregon State wideout Markus Wheaton was the pick in the third.

The common thread between all three? Productivity. All three put up huge numbers at their respective schools and are prime candidates to contribute immediately at the next level.

full article @ http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/nfl_draft_2013_pittsburgh_stee_4.html?utm_medium=r eferral&utm_source=t.co

salamander
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Let's hope so!

cold-hard-steel
04-27-2013, 10:45 PM
No beefs here , no matter what i think i know , times it by 20 for those guys wearing the brass .

st33lersguy
04-28-2013, 12:20 AM
We also got what looks like a human missile for a safety with pick no. 4 while filling a need, granted there are some legit durability concerns. Of course we won't know fully how productive this class is for another few years. After Day 1 of the 2008 class, the Steelers were lauded for nabbing 2 steals. The first turned out to be an inconsistent back with durability and fumbling issues, and the second became one of the 10 worst players in franchise history

GoSlash27
04-30-2013, 06:02 PM
I might be the only one, but I don't like drafting "start-ready" prospects. I prefer to draft talented and untested prospects with the expectation that we will take the time to develop them into our system.
Drafting these start- ready kids shows a certain amount of desperation. I don't like being so far behind the curve that we need to start rookies.
/but that's just me...

ALLD
04-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Same beat story every season. Just change the date and names. Although the Cowboys' draft was bizarre. Jones has officially replaced Al Davis as head freak of NFL owners.

Spike
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Steelers OC Todd Haley called second-round RB Le'Veon Bell a "three-down back, which is a big thing for us."

Despite weighing in at 230 pounds, Bell is excellent in the passing game. Over his final two seasons at Michigan State, he totaled 67 catches for 434 yards with one touchdown. Already locked in as the starter, Bell has a realistic shot at every-down duties as a rookie.

Isaac Redman, LaRod Stephens-Howling and Jonathan Dwyer are simply battling for scraps

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/261030/haley-calls-leveon-bell-a-three-down-back

NJarhead
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Steelers OC Todd Haley called second-round RB Le'Veon Bell a "three-down back, which is a big thing for us."

Despite weighing in at 230 pounds, Bell is excellent in the passing game. Over his final two seasons at Michigan State, he totaled 67 catches for 434 yards with one touchdown. Already locked in as the starter, Bell has a realistic shot at every-down duties as a rookie.

Isaac Redman, LaRod Stephens-Howling and Jonathan Dwyer are simply battling for scraps

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/261030/haley-calls-leveon-bell-a-three-down-back

Says who? I think rotoworld took a creative liberty there.

Psycho Ward 86
05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
"Despite weighing in at 230 pounds, Bell is excellent in the passing game."

lol...and despite weighing in at 230lb, he's not much of a bull when he tries to run through defenders. And thats kind of a misconception to say he weighs 230lb. He only weighed 230 at the combine. He said so himself that he played at over 240lb during his final season at Michigan

steelreserve
05-01-2013, 12:44 PM
That's great that we got some guys we're all excited about. But let's remember what happened with the guys we got in rounds 1-5 last year: Injured, slow learner, injured, retard, retard. You just never know.

What I expect is one guy will contribute a lot more quickly than we thought, one will be a lot worse than we thought, and the rest will be those kind of fringe role players that show flashes every now and then. Which ones? Who knows!

Psycho Ward 86
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
That's great that we got some guys we're all excited about. But let's remember what happened with the guys we got in rounds 1-5 last year: Injured, slow learner, injured, retard, retard. You just never know.

What I expect is one guy will contribute a lot more quickly than we thought, one will be a lot worse than we thought, and the rest will be those kind of fringe role players that show flashes every now and then. Which ones? Who knows!

dont tell that to the legion of fans who will look at all the highlight videos and see only the positives of the draft class. theyll get mighty angry :lol:

fansince'76
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM
That's great that we got some guys we're all excited about. But let's remember what happened with the guys we got in rounds 1-5 last year: Injured, slow learner, injured, retard, retard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cold-hard-steel
05-01-2013, 10:37 PM
You may be right , you could be the only one , i say cut the rug , cut it right and cut it good . The game is wayyyyyy more specialized than it used to be . I say if you can cut the rug . cut that sucker into pieces .