PDA

View Full Version : Time has come .

cold-hard-steel
04-27-2013, 08:45 PM
To form a reclamation process , and re-establish ourselves as one of the most lowly teams in NFL history , that turned themselves around , and has been able to maintain a level of constant menace to the " Superbowl " trophy . That's right folks , we are the mold . You want to win ? How do you do that ? Never , ever happened over night . I realize i am showing a tremendous ammount of optimizm about this team , but i have sweltered through the lean times before . Something special is goin on here , and i hope we all are on the same page .

Count Steeler
04-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Here's to a healthy season and another run at the Lombardy. Might take another year, but, I have high expectations for a bounce back year.

GBMelBlount
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
http://youtu.be/oxpcZrQQM-4

ALLD
04-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Or we go back to the 1980s Steelers where them game passed the by.

BigNastyDefense
04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
We are the Pittsburgh Steelers. We are not the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders. We don't rebuild, we reload.

silver & black
04-29-2013, 05:44 PM
We don't rebuild, we reload.

Hmmm................. where have I heard that before?

BigNastyDefense
04-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Hmmm................. where have I heard that before?

Oakland, California?

silver & black
04-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Oakland, California?

:wink02:

BigNastyDefense
04-29-2013, 06:56 PM
:wink02:

I just want to say S&B that you're a joy to have around here.

silver & black
04-30-2013, 01:22 PM
I just want to say S&B that you're a joy to have around here.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

This is a great forum full of good folks.... even if they do root for the wrong team. :chuckle:

Spike
04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
one of the most lowly teams in NFL history

ha ha - 8-8 doesn't even qualify for that

Try 6-10 in 2003 ....... and I still have a Tommygun Maddox jersey in the back of my closet to prove it.

although it still had its good moments

Maddox led the Steelers to a Week 1 (September 7) 34-15 victory in Heinz Field over rival Baltimore Ravens and rookie quarterback Kyle Boller. With a 134.1 passer rating, Maddox completed 21 for 29 passes for 260 yards and 3 touchdowns

Texasteel
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM

This is a great forum full of good folks.... even if they do root for the wrong team. :chuckle:

Being the OLD guy here when I hear the word rival my mind goods straight to that damb black and silver uniform. Man I hated you guys. I can remember games that make those Ravens look like a tag football team. Finding out that the Raider fans are pretty much the same as us spoiled my vision of you. I thought for years you were all were made in a government lab some place.
Its always good to see you here BS, I mean SB,,,,,, sorry,,,,,,,,, flash back.

Craic
04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Being the OLD guy here when I hear the word rival my mind goods straight to that damb black and silver uniform. Man I hated you guys. I can remember games that make those Ravens look like a tag football team. Finding out that the Raider fans are pretty much the same as us spoiled my vision of you. I thought for years you were all were made in a government lab some place.
Its always good to see you here BS, I mean SB,,,,,, sorry,,,,,,,,, flash back.

Don't worry, I thin S & B has someone read the words to him anyway. After all, he lives in Ohio. :chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
ha ha - 8-8 doesn't even qualify for that

Try 6-10 in 2003 ....... and I still have a Tommygun Maddox jersey in the back of my closet to prove it.

although it still had its good moments

Maddox led the Steelers to a Week 1 (September 7) 34-15 victory in Heinz Field over rival Baltimore Ravens and rookie quarterback Kyle Boller. With a 134.1 passer rating, Maddox completed 21 for 29 passes for 260 yards and 3 touchdowns

I am really sorry about the way i mislead all you young bucks out there with this thread . The way i meant it was the way we started out , lowly , 1-12 or o and losers. We tried the STEAGLES THING ,but still sucked . After all the years of being "cellar dwellars " we came through in a big way in the late 70"s . Since that time we are the model of every NFL team . Chuck brought us back from being too far gone . Check your history to see if i am right . The team you could beat , but you hated to play against . Cause they would pulverize you and still lose . Onced they turned the corner, they always looked back . But they looked back at the way they used to be . "Thankyou CHUCK .

fansince'76
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
http://youtu.be/oxpcZrQQM-4

Damn - beat me to it. :chuckle:

tube517
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Yeah, you aint that bad :chuckle:

But in reality, I don't hate the Raiders as much as I did in the 70s. Can't explain it. I hate Dallas more now than I did in the 70s and they suck. I hate the Cheats* and Raisins more than the Raiders. Raiders don't even make my top 5 most hated teams anymore (#6 :heh:).