PDA

View Full Version : Career of linebacker Sean Spence is in doubt

Count Steeler
04-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Nerve damage affecting the total recovery of the Steelers' 2012 third round pick Sean Spence. The team isn't ruling it out, but playing this season doesn't seem likely.

read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/4/27/4276132/sean-spence-injury-career-news

Also heard on twitter that he will be placed on IR for this season, hoping by some miracle, he will be able to play at some point.

Iron Steeler
04-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh my godddddd .... Can't catch a break . I was looking forward to him this year soo bad

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 08:09 PM
when I seen the injury I said to my son , that young mans career is over before it ever really began , I fear I was correct

zulater
04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
I pretty much figured he was out for this season already. But I guess there's a chance he could still make it back at some point?

Count Steeler
04-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Don't know. The Steelers look like they are willing to wait one more year. Praying that he gets well.

cold-hard-steel
04-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I liked what i saw from that kid from day one . Out to make a name for himself , and had all the attributes to go along with it . Hard working , not afraid to show some tenacity , and it came down to this . His hard work has not paid off yet .All i can say . is i hope it does .

steelreserve
04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
That would be a damn shame. He looked like he was ready to have a really promising career. Really unlucky that he'd be one to have that all change in a split-second.

Craic
04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
That would be a damn shame. He looked like he was ready to have a really promising career. Really unlucky that he'd be one to have that all change in a split-second.
Absolutely agree.

You know, we all roll our eyes when we hear about players wanting money. But these kinds of things remind us that careers are over in a flash.

And it's not like you (general you) or me. If we get let go from a job, or even have an injury that we end up not working because of, almost always there's another job in a similar industry we can find. Not like these guys.

My best to Spence and here's hoping that he gets back on the field.

steelreserve
04-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Absolutely agree.

You know, we all roll our eyes when we hear about players wanting money. But these kinds of things remind us that careers are over in a flash.

And it's not like you (general you) or me. If we get let go from a job, or even have an injury that we end up not working because of, almost always there's another job in a similar industry we can find. Not like these guys.

My best to Spence and here's hoping that he gets back on the field.

But ... these guys all have 4-year college degrees, right? Surely they're qualified to walk in the door and get a job at any company in America! :toofunny:

GBMelBlount
04-27-2013, 10:08 PM
I have bent my left knee backwards to the point of an excruciating "pop" 3 times during sports and thought that his was the same.

I was wrong.

Steelers Nation is pulling for you Spence.