PDA

View Full Version : When Farrior talks, Steelers should listen

LLT
08-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Cook: When Farrior talks, Steelers should listen
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

View all related imagesIt might be too late to help quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who got himself into a jackpot in a VIP bathroom in a Milledgeville, Ga., college bar and is facing at least a four-game suspension to start the NFL season. It's also too late to help wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who had a variety of legal problems before he was traded to the New York Jets. But it's not too late to help Maurkice Pouncey. Jason Worilds. Emmanuel Sanders. Even the younger veterans on the Steelers.

"I try to tell those guys it's all about using their time better and making better decisions," linebacker James Farrior said at training camp this week. "Most of it is just common sense. You're a grown man. You know what to do and what not to do. You know what's going to get you in trouble. Stay away from it."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10215/1077197-87.stm#ixzz0vX8oicMu

stillers4me
08-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Guys like James Farrior, Charlie Batch, Hines Ward.......locker room gold.

SteelMember
08-03-2010, 06:41 AM
"It's like I tell them: 'You don't want to do anything to mess up the chance to make this kind of living,' " Farrior said.

"That usually sticks with them more than anything. When you start talking about their money, they sit up and pay attention."

It's too bad that's what it takes to get their attention.

You'd hope these guys might just try to be better people, reguardless of the check.

Good read though.

wootawnee
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
:baby::baby:
It's too bad that's what it takes to get their attention.

You'd hope these guys might just try to be better people, reguardless of the check.

Good read though.

Yea too bad........They just got out of college......Campus full of girls.......Parties all the time..........Hmm.......What do you think is gonna grab a 21 year olds attention........They are just kids.........:baby::baby: