PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 projections / guys still available

Mistah Q
04-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Day 3, anything could happen now.

I want to come away with some of these guys. I listed guys for each position in the order that I like them, and left out a few guys I don't want:

S:
Shamarko Thomas
Bacarri Rambo
Earl Wolff
Josh Evans
Phillip Thomas
Robert Lester
Ray Ray Armstrong

ILB:
Kevin Reddick
Nico Johnson
Michael Mauti

DE:
William Gholston
Lavar Edwards
Jesse Williams
TJ Barnes

CB:
Rod Sweeting
BW Webb
Terry Hawthorne
Steve Williams
Nigel Malone

OL:
David Quessenberry
Alvin Bailey
David Bakhtiari
Omoregie Uzzi

TE:
Ryan Otten
Jake Stoneburner
Michael Williams
Nick Kasa

FB:
Lonnie Pryor
Zach Line

43Hitman
04-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Since I know nothing about any of those guys I'll just pick the ones whose names sound cool. :chuckle:

S-Rambo
ILB- Reddick
CB- Hawthorne
OL- Uzzi
TE- Stoneburner

oneforthetoe
04-27-2013, 07:39 AM
Since I know nothing about any of those guys I'll just pick the ones whose names sound cool. :chuckle:

S-Rambo
ILB- Reddick
CB- Hawthorne
OL- Uzzi
TE- Stoneburner

Those are either great names for a Seal Team Six Squad or a law firm.

43Hitman
04-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Those are either great names for a Seal Team Six Squad or a law firm.

That's one law firm I would just settle out of court with. :lol:

Count Steeler
04-27-2013, 08:56 AM

S-Rambo
ILB- Reddick
CB- Hawthorne
OL- Uzzi
TE- Stoneburner

Expendables III, New Beginnings.

43Hitman
04-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Expendables III, New Beginnings.

:toofunny:

TomlinSteelTribe
04-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Rd 4: Safety, puh-leeze. Think we're gonna need to find a vet here for depth also.

salamander
04-27-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm sold on the guy named Rambo. :lol:

HollywoodSteel
04-27-2013, 10:56 AM

S-Rambo
ILB- Reddick
CB- Hawthorne
OL- Uzzi
TE- Stoneburner

I'm pretty sure that's why the Browns took Mingo. How could they pass on a guy named BARKevious for their dog pound?

TomlinSteelTribe
04-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I think the last safety we took out of Syracuse was...

Anthony Smith. Let's hope this guy is better and knows when to keep his mouth shut. I'm all for calling him "Shark-O."

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Da'Rick Rogers
Tavarras King
Tony Jefferson
Kevin Reddick

Now one of those please

TomlinSteelTribe
04-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Eh, I would have liked to see the Rambo fella taken, even though we already drafted a safety. I don't think we're in such dire need of a CB with Willie Gay back on board.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
damn leaving to talent much on the board now IMO ( come on Colbert draft for the team not the practice squad )

st33lersguy
04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Thought ILB and DE should have been addressed before CB

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Reddick would have been PERFECT right there or double up on S or WR before a CB that wont dress

TomlinSteelTribe
04-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Yeah, I was hoping maybe Klein (ILB) would fall to us but no such luck.

Don't quite see the need at DE. Heyward's not starting, and is probably the highest pick league-wide to be entering his third year as a rotational DE.

steeldevil
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
If Dallas passes on Reddick and we don't pick him I'm gonna be really mad.

st33lersguy
04-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Steelers got another WR, Justin Brown. Not a fan of doubling up on a position, with ILB and DE still not addressed. Interestingly, he is from Oklahoma and one of Landry Jones' receivers in college

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I would be fine doubling up on a pos , provided they took good value and quality at the pos ...

this kid is a practice squad player how do you take him with Da'rick Rogers still on the board ?
how do you take him when you have a need at ILB and Reddick is sitting there ?

how do you take him when both your starting S are on the wrong side of 30 and Jefferson , Rambo and Lester are on the board ....

I could go on and on

Count Steeler
04-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I would be fine doubling up on a pos , provided they took good value and quality at the pos ...

this kid is a practice squad player how do you take him with Da'rick Rogers still on the board ?
how do you take him when you have a need at ILB and Reddick is sitting there ?

how do you take him when both your starting S are on the wrong side of 30 and Jefferson , Rambo and Lester are on the board ....

I could go on and on

WR was not the wisest choice here. He may have been available as a UDFA.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 03:48 PM
WR was not the wisest choice here. He may have been available as a UDFA.

he would have been no doubt in my mind ... Colbert has been in the habbit of mailing it in in the late rounds for a long time , sure he strikes gold once in awhile but a blind squirrel even finds the occasional nut ...

I draft to compete for roster spots all 7 rounds and continue with UDFA he drafts for the practice squad in the 6th and 7th rounds ... /headsmash

st33lersguy
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Has to be the worst pick so far, just checked his NFL profile, it doesn't even have a picture or a review of his strengths or weakness. And he never topped 1,000 yards in a season, ugh

Mistah Q
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
This is the first pick that I'm unhappy with

steeldevil
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Something wrong with Reddick and Rogers? Everyone is passing on them....

Mistah Q
04-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Reddick, Rogers, Alvin Bailey, Otten, and Rambo were all sitting there, how do you take that guy, ugh

salamander
04-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Definitely scratching my head on the Brown pick...

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Something wrong with Reddick and Rogers? Everyone is passing on them....

Roger has some off field red flags , but hell he was a consensus first round pick who kept Patterson from being the number 1 option and Patterson went in the late first round ... at this point red flags be damned the investment is low and the reward could be potentially very high .... its like playing the lotto it only cost a buck but ya could win million ( low risk potential high rewards ) odds are way way better with this kid than the lotto though

st33lersguy
04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Vince Williams LB FSU

Dwinsgames
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
unbelievable ...

got vomit ?

steeldevil
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
At this point I can only assume that those 2 guys must have never been on the Steeler's draft board...

But this late.... Cmon man.

ALLD
04-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Has to be the worst pick so far, just checked his NFL profile, it doesn't even have a picture or a review of his strengths or weakness. And he never topped 1,000 yards in a season, ugh

I think the best news is that he is going to wear #14 in TC.

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
lol you would think were potentially whiffing on 1st round picks in this thread. 6th round folks. calm your tits.

steeldevil
04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
lol you would think were potentially whiffing on 1st round picks in this thread. 6th round folks. calm your tits.

Yes, but Reddick and Rogers were both considered by many to be top 5 players at their position and both ILB and WR are needs.

steelreserve
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Well, not too many picks left until us again ... we may end up getting one of them anyway.

43Hitman
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
C'mon Pittsburgh, get me a cool name!

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes, but Reddick and Rogers were both considered by many to be top 5 players at their position and both ILB and WR are needs.

yeah i share your sentiment. seems that most teams today saw something they didnt like though

43Hitman
04-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Nick Williams -DT

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all know anything about him?

steelreserve
04-27-2013, 05:16 PM
ok, THERE'S our traditional defensive lineman who will look good but not make it out of camp. I was almost worried we wouldn't take one this year.

Reddick and Rogers ... I guess that just shows we didn't want either of those guys, and apparently neither did anyone else.

43Hitman
04-27-2013, 05:19 PM
ok, THERE'S our traditional defensive lineman who will look good but not make it out of camp. I was almost worried we wouldn't take one this year.

Reddick and Rogers ... I guess that just shows we didn't want either of those guys, and apparently neither did anyone else.

Maybe we are on the phone with them now and are trying to sign them as UDFA's?

steelreserve
04-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Maybe we are on the phone with them now and are trying to sign them as UDFA's?

I don't know. We had a chance at both of them with basically a throwaway pick and passed. I think if we were interested as anything more than an afterthought, we would've acted on it already. Oh well. Maybe we'll pick up a decent punter somehow.

Mistah Q
04-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Nick Williams? Really? Not terrible on his own but I hate who we left on the board. He's a DE in our system but will need a lot of technique work.

That said, I can see them wanting to grab him instead of chancing UDFA. He's a classic tweener who's going to have to play DE in the 3-4 but is going to need a LOT of work.... explosively athletic, but so so raw on technique. He can also play on the D-line when we put together 4-3 looks.

I'm okay with Nick Williams, my issue is more with who we left on the board to get him. Hmm.

Mojouw
04-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Roger has some off field red flags , but hell he was a consensus first round pick who kept Patterson from being the number 1 option and Patterson went in the late first round ... at this point red flags be damned the investment is low and the reward could be potentially very high .... its like playing the lotto it only cost a buck but ya could win million ( low risk potential high rewards ) odds are way way better with this kid than the lotto though

With Rainey, Taamu, Holmes, etc in recent years, the Steelers are simply never going to draft a guy with "character concerns" for quite some time regardless of the apparent value.

Dwinsgames
12-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Da'Rick Rogers
Tavarras King
Tony Jefferson
Kevin Reddick

Now one of those please

Da'Rick Rogers 6 catches 107 yards and 2 Tds in his colts debut today , what have we got from Wheaton thus far again ?

steelreserve
12-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Da'Rick Rogers 6 catches 107 yards and 2 Tds in his colts debut today , what have we got from Wheaton thus far again ?

I don't know; they've never let him off the bench. Maybe this loss will help them stop smoking the crack pipe that we have something left to play for, so we can do things like that. I think we've pretty well established that Sanders is a replaceable dime-a-dozen type, so let's see what else we've got.