PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fill Need at RB, Draft Le'Veon Bell

stillers4me
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
The Steelers are making a habit of getting what they want, when they want in the 2013 NFL Draft. One day after sitting tight and getting the linebacker they coveted in Jarvis Jones, the team sat tight and picked up Michigan State’s Le’Veon Bell – the top running back on their draft board – with the 48th overall pick in the second round. Bell, who is listed at 6’1” and 244 lbs, was one of the biggest backs to be had in the draft, and certainly was the biggest back projected to go within the first three rounds. His weight is not set in stone, however – he weighed 230 lbs. at the combine – as the team plans on establishing exactly what his playing weight should be going forward.

However, the now-former-Spartan isn’t just a big, bruising back according to his own assessment.

“I’m a balanced runner,” said Bell when asked to describe his style of play. “…A lot of people look at me like ‘he’s just a short-yardage back,’ but I don’t look at myself like that. I can get to the outside and beat you with speed. I can catch the ball out of the backfield. I can pass protect. I can play special teams.”...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghsportsreport.com/PSR/node/5586

Contrary to what some believe here, I'm going out on a limb and predict this young man will be in the ROY conversation. You can beat me with a wet Terrible Towel if I'm wrong. :lol:

Dwinsgames
04-26-2013, 09:48 PM
You can beat me with a wet Terrible Towel if I'm wrong. :lol:

promises promises LOL