PDA

View Full Version : So who is it going to be and who nails it?

Pristas
04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Take your pick, let's see who here on SU gets it right. First round pick.

Ill start.

Kenny Vaccaro.

Shoes
04-24-2013, 09:46 PM
If Jarvis Jones is available @ 17, he'll be a Steeler tomorrow.

steelerdude15
04-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I would love Jarvis Jones or Kenny Vaccaro. I'm not sure who it will be, but I hope it won't be Manti Te'o.

Psycho Ward 86
04-24-2013, 09:52 PM
i want vaccaro but i think the saints or panthers will take him before we do so im going jarvis jones as well

steelerdude15
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
i want vaccaro but i think the saints or panthers will take him before we do so im going jarvis jones as well

Personally, I would like Jones to be drafted instead of Vaccaro because I feel that OLB is a bigger need than safety right now. On top of that, there is a lot of DB depth in this draft. I think the Steelers could draft a very good safety in the second or third rounds.

86WARD
04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Better value at safety later in the draft. Patterson.

Seven
04-24-2013, 10:19 PM
I would like to see them go defense. Whether it's Jones, Werner, Vaccaro, Mingo, Trufant... We need a pass rusher or defensive back in my opinion. If they go offense it needs to be running back or receiver, but I'd rather have the help on defense. I really don't want to see us draft another linemen high - defensively or offensively. There is only so much building of the trenches you can do before you need to say screw it, let the guys you have play and surround them with talent.

one side only
04-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Tyler Eifert

Mistah Q
04-25-2013, 12:41 AM
I'll go out on a wing.

Lotulelei.

LLT
04-25-2013, 12:49 AM
As of now I am thinking we go with Vaccaro.

With Clark in the last year of his contract and Troy starting to wear down and miss games, this is the year to reload at the position. I also took into consideration that Jarvis Jones may not get past the Jets and that Patterson has been dropping on many draft boards. The WR position will obviously be addressed, but based on visits and who the Steelers were looking at, it seems that we are looking at drafting one in the 3-5 round range...which isnt a bad thing since the position is deep and there is value in those rounds.

I think we will see RB addressed early LeVeon Bell? Montell Ball?.............and OLB to round out the first 4 picks, John Simon? Corey Lemonier?

LLT
04-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Personally, I would like Jones to be drafted instead of Vaccaro because I feel that OLB is a bigger need than safety right now. On top of that, there is a lot of DB depth in this draft. I think the Steelers could draft a very good safety in the second or third rounds.

Still cant see Jones getting past both the Saints and the Jets. If he does, I have no problem with us taking him at #17. Lets not forget that there is a chance that Bjoern Werner may be available at that spot also. At 6'3 266 lbs he would play OLB for us, though I think Simon and Lemonier both translate better as 3-4 OLB's.

Aussie_steeler
04-25-2013, 04:02 AM
I'll go out on a wing.

Lotulelei.

He only has to get past four teams to realistically still be on the board.

#3 Raiders could, but realistically will take Shariff Lloyd

#4 Eagles - I am taking Dion Jordan if I am Chip Kelly

# 11 Chargers - Need O line help more

#14 Panthers - Sheldon Richardson or Lotulelei. They cant take both.

If he gets past #14 he is a steeler. Can you say David De Castro????

In my heart I want him. Kiss of Death says that I shall not write his name in a mock.

Therefore it is Arthur Brown after a trade down

Shoes
04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Still cant see Jones getting past both the Saints and the Jets. If he does, I have no problem with us taking him at #17. Lets not forget that there is a chance that Bjoern Werner may be available at that spot also. At 6'3 266 lbs he would play OLB for us, though I think Simon and Lemonier both translate better as 3-4 OLB's.

I really like this kid...a workhorse and very disciplined.

In Mayock words.....
*What I like about this kid is he does everything well. I don't see one spectacular physical trait, but he does everything well.*

Dwinsgames
04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
same as the mock draft contest , Jarvis Jones , he is the only player I realistically think has a chance at being there at 17 I would draft without trading down first

- - - Updated - - -

and that being said and once value enters the conversation you have to Pass on Werner if he is there trade back and Take Simon later on

NJarhead
04-25-2013, 10:17 AM
I want Kenny Vaccaro, but I think we pick Jarvis Jones.

I'll be happy with either.

Psycho Ward 86
04-25-2013, 01:12 PM
i like star, but where exactly do we put him if we get him? All of a sudden it might look like were pretty loaded on the D-line if we get him. Mclendon seems to be looking like the consensus nose tackle of our future and looks promising as well. We have keisel and heyward, who most believe has well outplayed ziggy. Ziggy has shown some promise but disappointed last season. Would Star be a Rich-man's Chris Hoke? He seems big and athletic enough to play to play nose tackle, 3 technique tackle, and 5 technique end. But he's so talented that he seems to warrant a spot as a permanent fixture on the defense. Agree or disagree?

Mistah Q
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
I think if Star is there we get on the phone with Minnesota and trade down

zulater
04-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Tyler Eifert

That's who I'm hoping for too. Even if Miller makes it back for the opener there's nothing wrong with having two excellent tight ends. Works for Brady, no reason the Steelers couldn't make use of it as well.

Texasteel
04-25-2013, 01:50 PM
That's who I'm hoping for too. Even if Miller makes it back for the opener there's nothing wrong with having two excellent tight ends. Works for Brady, no reason the Steelers couldn't make use of it as well.

I'm now hearing that Eifert will be gone before we pick, bud.

Stickin with Jones. guys.

zulater
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm now hearing that Eifert will be gone before we pick, bud.

Stickin with Jones. guys.

You never know? Someone trades up and the whole board can twist in ways no one ever predicted.

Anyway, that's who I hope for.

Spike
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Mayock finally agrees with me and picks Jones too

that means something will happen to screw it up

Texasteel
04-25-2013, 02:18 PM
You never know? Someone trades up and the whole board can twist in ways no one ever predicted.

Anyway, that's who I hope for.

In my oppinion, that would be a great pick, and would make sence to me as well. We'll soon see....... I'm starting to get butterflies in my gut.

Mojouw
04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Xavier Rhodes if they stay at 17.

Arthur Brown if they move down.

Mistah Q
04-25-2013, 03:04 PM
I don't understand how so many people are enamored with Arthur Brown. Maybe if we played a 4-3, and then maybe in round 2...

Mojouw
04-25-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't understand how so many people are enamored with Arthur Brown. Maybe if we played a 4-3, and then maybe in round 2...

Not enamored with him. Just seems that the Steelers may be.

43Hitman
04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I'll take a stab at it and go with Eddie Lacey from Alabama. Some mocks have us taking him and since Im no draft nik and not to many of us are saying anything about him i'll jump on it.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Count Steeler
04-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Ezekiel Ansah cause 1 Ziggy isn't enough.

SteelerFanInStl
04-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm sticking with Jones. We need a disruptive force on defense.

If he's not there, I'm hoping for a trade down.

Dwinsgames
04-25-2013, 04:06 PM

I Love Arthur Brown in a trade back or two gaining compensation along the way very LATE in the first or in the second round as an Inside Linebacker in the 3-4 ... he is around the 40th ranked player in this draft by my accounts

Aussie_steeler
04-25-2013, 04:17 PM
i like star, but where exactly do we put him if we get him? All of a sudden it might look like were pretty loaded on the D-line if we get him. Mclendon seems to be looking like the consensus nose tackle of our future and looks promising as well. We have keisel and heyward, who most believe has well outplayed ziggy. Ziggy has shown some promise but disappointed last season. Would Star be a Rich-man's Chris Hoke? He seems big and athletic enough to play to play nose tackle, 3 technique tackle, and 5 technique end. But he's so talented that he seems to warrant a spot as a permanent fixture on the defense. Agree or disagree?

Keisel and ZIggy in the last years of their contracts.

Move McClendon to DE. Your starting line in 2015 would be Heyward, Lotulelei, McClendon.

Our D line stocks are pretty bare in reality.

Spike
04-25-2013, 04:20 PM
We need a new contest

Time for a 'pick the exact time of Steelers 1st rd selection'

Winner gets a free SU t-shirt from the mods

who's in?

I'll say 9:26 EST

Psycho Ward 86
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Keisel and ZIggy in the last years of their contracts.

Move McClendon to DE. Your starting line in 2015 would be Heyward, Lotulelei, McClendon.

Our D line stocks are pretty bare in reality.

makes sense to me. Except isnt mclendon like 325lb. now? and no way is he a better athlete than star so i think star would be the one at DE, imo. Im thinking we let keisel go since he's an ancient sage, attempt to resign ziggy if he doesnt get a big market, and then the starting line in in 2015 as Heyward/Lotulelei at DE and McClendon at nose tackle.

zulater
04-25-2013, 09:09 PM
In my oppinion, that would be a great pick, and would make sence to me as well. We'll soon see....... I'm starting to get butterflies in my gut. Here's there for the picking if they want him! :pray:

43Hitman
04-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Vry happy about the jones pick

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

86WARD
04-25-2013, 11:09 PM
I'll go out on a wing.

Lotulelei.

That was looking like it could happen...lol.