PDA

View Full Version : Uncertainty at WR could boost TE

LLT
08-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Harris:Uncertainty at WR could boost TE
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You heard it here first: Heath Miller will play more like six-time Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates, and less like former Steelers blocking tight end Mark Bruener in 2010.

At least that's the plan.

With Hines Ward turning 34 a few months ago, Santonio Holmes traded to the New York Jets and Mike Wallace attempting to fill Holmes' cleats, it looks like the Steelers are finally going to turn their $35 million tight end loose and allow him to become more of a playmaker in the mold of San Diego's Gates, San Francisco's Vernon Davis and Indy's Dallas Clark.

read more.....
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_693128.html

Killer
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah right. We've been hearing that for years and years and years and years and years.

fansince'76
08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
With Ben out for at least four games? I'll believe that when I see it.

SteelGhost
08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
With Ben out for at least four games? I'll believe that when I see it.

:amen:

hotrodder07
08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah right. We've been hearing that for years and years and years and years and years.

Yeah, really. I'm tired of them just talking about it. Heath has too much talent to just have him as a blocking TE. Who knows, though. Maybe something will actually change now that Santo is gone.

X-Terminator
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Heath caught 76 passes for 789 yards last season. I don't think they're whistling in the wind this time.

Wheelz
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Translation: Maybe the offensive line will be good enough that he won't be required to block on every passing play! :)

We can hope, right? His YAC are among the best you see in the league.

wootawnee
08-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I love Dallas Clark.......He plays like a Hall of Famer.......No doubt if he keeps it up he will be a lock in my book......The dude can run and get wide open....And is excellent at RAC.........Heath is not as fast as Dallas, but has a great feel to get open.....Sounds like something more to add......100 catch tight end?.....

The Duke
08-03-2010, 01:45 PM
If Lefty/Dixon is too pressured the ball will immediately go to heath

I've been saying it all year, this may be Heath's best season

i hope....

solardave
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I think he'll be used more at least in the first 4-6 games. We're all assuming Good-for-shit-all will reduce the suspension. Even so I think Miller needs more ball time and less blocking.

Galax Steeler
08-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Glad to hear it for Miller he deserves to have the ball more there is no reason he cannot be ranked up there with Clark and others. I believe he is that good he deserves that chance.