PDA

View Full Version : Sanders: "This place is special to me"

stillers4me
04-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Voluntary offseason workouts began on Monday for NFL teams, but on Sunday morning wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/emmanuel-sanders/8dbfd17f-3e27-497e-a7ce-4462b4467a6f/) still wasn’t sure where he would be reporting for the first day of the program.

Sanders, a restricted free agent, had signed a one-year contract offer with the New England Patriots last week. The Steelers had five days to match the offer, or lose Sanders to the Patriots in exchange for their third-round draft pick. On Sunday the Steelers choose to match the offer and keep Sanders in black and gold.

“It’s been a lot of ups and downs, a lot of confusion, but the end result was good, getting the opportunity to play for the team I wanted to play for, so I am happy,” said Sanders. “It feels really good to be wanted. All of the hard work I put in has paid off..........

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Sanders-This-place-is-special-to-me/0d6cc40f-1a7f-4e70-918a-762a8baf4c01

Count Steeler
04-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Stay healthy and have a great year.

GBMelBlount
04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
In order for us to win we have to have camaraderie, and for that to happen guys need to be here. This is the first time we can meet and start getting chemistry. For me, the season has officially started.”

Amen

I am wearing (Lynn Swann’s) No. 88. I remember my rookie year having that conversation about representing No. 88 and I am looking forward to representing it well.”

Spike
04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
just get out there and catch some balls, score some TD's and don't fumble and everyone will love you

can I get an amen?

stillers4me
04-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Aeffinmen!

Spike
04-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Aeffinmen!

why thank you

I bring practical advice for him, not just emotional calls for warm & fuzzy 'chemistry' shit

either do it and produce, or sayonara

I won't coddle that pup

Psycho Ward 86
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
dear god sanders. please prove me wrong and dont become the mediocre #2 that i think youre going to become.

Craic
04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
dear god sanders. please prove me wrong and dont become the mediocre #2 that i think youre going to become.
Mediocre?

How in the world do you get that from him? There's nothing in his body of work that says mediocre. It says lots of talent, a desire to produce, but injures easily and takes time to recover. Also can be affected by attitudes around him. But mediocre? Nuh uh. He'll either sink, or rise up to being at the very least, an above average to good WR.