PDA

View Full Version : AUSSIE!!!!

Hindes204
04-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Where you at brother! You've got to be excited, first Australian to win the Masters! Congrats Adam Scott! One of the prettiest swings in golf....what an exciting Sunday!!

43Hitman
04-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Scott played great today. Some very clutch putts at the end.

Hindes204
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Scott played great today. Some very clutch putts at the end.

Its funny because I was just dissing his putting abilities, he pulled it out with some clutch putts at the end. Good for Adam, I've always liked him

steeldevil
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Great finish.

Aussie_steeler
04-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Where you at brother! You've got to be excited, first Australian to win the Masters! Congrats Adam Scott! One of the prettiest swings in golf....what an exciting Sunday!!

Sorry I am late brother. I usually only read the Draft threads. I have been known to be a bit blind at times

The putt Scott holed on 18 was sensational. That putt has haunted me for years. O'Meara made it to win. Norman lipped out to seal his destiny.

I thought Cabrera blocked his shot into 18 and a part of me got excited. when it landed my heart sank.

I watched Cabrera hole the putt to send it to extra holes.

I couldnt bear it. I have watched Augusta haunt Aussies for over 30 years.

Norman, Parry, Scott, Day, Elkington, Baker-Finch, Newton and countless others have all been tragically cut short.

I walked out of the house and went fishing.

I waited another 6 hours before I had the nerve / guts to check a result.

I could not explain the feeling when I found out that Adam Scott had won.

I was thrilled that he acknowledged the Shark for all that he did before him.

I was blown away by his humility, even down to him celebrating the role of Steve Williams in reading that last putt.

It is reassuring that nice guys do finish first.

Hindes204
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Sorry I am late brother. I usually only read the Draft threads. I have been known to be a bit blind at times

The putt Scott holed on 18 was sensational. That putt has haunted me for years. O'Meara made it to win. Norman lipped out to seal his destiny.

I thought Cabrera blocked his shot into 18 and a part of me got excited. when it landed my heart sank.

I watched Cabrera hole the putt to send it to extra holes.

I couldnt bear it. I have watched Augusta haunt Aussies for over 30 years.

Norman, Parry, Scott, Day, Elkington, Baker-Finch, Newton and countless others have all been tragically cut short.

I walked out of the house and went fishing.

I waited another 6 hours before I had the nerve / guts to check a result.

I could not explain the feeling when I found out that Adam Scott had won.

I was thrilled that he acknowledged the Shark for all that he did before him.

I was blown away by his humility, even down to him celebrating the role of Steve Williams in reading that last putt.

It is reassuring that nice guys do finish first.

Thats crazy you went fishing, I couldn't take my eyes off the tv. But with the history of the Masters and the letdowns in the past, I can understand why you couldn't watch. The last few putts Scott made were tremendous...what a finish. And yes, Scott is a total class act...I've always been a big fan of his, I'm glad he won.

Aussie_steeler
04-25-2013, 03:54 AM
I have felt like I have been a kiss of death for each and every aussie that has contended at Augusta.

My Augusta resume reads.

1984 - fell in love with Augusta and Ben Crenshaws silky putting stroke ( still use a wilson 8802 and putt it off the toe like the Shark
1985 - David Graham top 10. shark bombed out over the weekend
1986 - the Jack Nicklaus back 9 charge and the 4 iron that should of been a 5 for the shark. The greatest theatre that I have ever seen on a golf broadcast.
1987 - the playoff skull on 11 from Larry Mize. The luckiest shot ever played. Now that ripped a heart out of a nation. I still hate the 11th hole at Augusta
1988 - 8 under in the last round by the shark was great viewing but just too late. One of the most awesome fairway bunker shots I have ever seen by Sandy Lyle
1989 - I hate Nick Faldo. I hate Scott Hoch even more for gifting him this one. The shark was 5 over for the first 36 and played the weekend in 9 under. Again so close, yet so far.
1990 - Shark Missed cut and Faldo victory. Just pour salt into my open wounds
1991 - Shark missed cut. Elkington and Baker finch do OK. Great to see the little terrier Woosnam win
1992 - I hate this masters more than any. Four Aussies top 15. Craig Parry is heckled ferociously by Freddie supporters.

Note: I have spoken to a number of Aussie pro golfers who are best mates with Craig Parry. ( i met him at our Pro-am last month) and they say that Craig Parry has absolute hatred for the way Freddie treated him and how he incited the crowd to put him off. As Freddie's marker he wasnt even allowed to consult on rules decision on a ball in the water on the front 9 on the last day. Freddie told him to F*ck off and leave it to us.

1993 - British open win. I am on a high. Shark bombs, Elk ( from my home town) teases. Langer strangles the putter to win
1994 - The start of the lonely years. Hard to watch without a serious contender
1995 - holy crap. the shark reappears after a slow start. The masters for Harvey Pennick. Gentle Ben
1996 - Stick your hand up my arse and pull my heart out with a barb wire glove. This one hurts thinking about it. That 63 was magic. That 78 caused me to age 10 years. It is ANZAC DAY here today ( equivalent to your Memorial Day). As we say here " Lest We Forget"
1997 - To make it worse. Bring on the Tiger Era.
1998 - O'Meara makes the putt that the Goalkeeper saved so many years ago for the Shark
1999 - Shark citing. Back 9 fade out to tease again.
2000 - Singh - hell no, a cheat can win at Augusta but honourable Aussies cant.
2001 - Woods
2002 - Woods. First Adam Scott sighting. Aussie golf has a heart beat. only just
2003 - Mike Weir - WTF how can a Neville nobody earn a green jacket. Hot putter helps
2004 - LEFTY - he's a prick but I love watching him more than Tiger
2005 - Mark Hensby and Rod Pampling finish Top 5. What the Hell. Two solid Aussies almost capture lightning in a bottle. Woods again.
2006 - Lefty
2007 - Lets trick Augusta up and make it a US Open course. Watching the Masters champ lay up on every par 5 on the last day was sickening. Appleby does enough to get an invite back
2008 - Loved watching Immelman limp his way home for the win
2009 - Cheering for the old guy with the dodgy putter. Unfortunately the fat guy with the hot putter wins.
2010 - LEFTY - where are my aussies
2011 - Charl Schwartzel can rot in hell. That BS chip in eagle on the front 9 ( that almost no one saw) gives him the shots needed to rip the hearts out of the Aussie Nation once again. One could smell the future of Aussie golf has finally arrived. Scott, Day and Ogilvyplayed with pride and honour that day. They won a lot of fans
2012 - Grip it and rip it, redneck dressed in pink wins with a duck hook out of the jungle. What is golf coming too. Starting to hate the masters again. 6 under on the last day from Scott was a sign of things to come........ British Open choke maybe.

2013 - CAN YOU KNOW UNDERSTAND WHY I COULDNT BRING MYSELF TO WATCH. MY HORROR STORY DOESNT NEED ANOTHER CHAPTER.

I have watched replays and i admit it, I cried.

So close for so long. To put it into perspective, The US masters for Aussies was like the World Series for Red Sox fans. A curse that seemed destined to never end.

PS: this has been therapeutic typing this. I am a golf tragic, always have been, always will

I will close with those famous words of Adam Scott

" C'MON AUSSIES, C'MON"

Boomerang
04-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Scott is going be winning tournaments fir a long time to come .