PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Notes: Haynesworth 0-for-3 On Test

polamalubeast
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Monday, August 2, 2010, 8:27 a.m. UPDATED 12:53 p.m. UPDATED 6:42 p.m.

By Ryan O’Halloran
Staff writer
CSNwashington.com

Albert Haynesworth did not practice today after he failed a conditioning test for the third time since reporting to training camp.

Haynesworth, who sat out the weekend with a knee injury, started the test – two 300-yard shuttle runs in 70 and 73 seconds, respectively – but shut himself down halfway through the first set.

“He was going to try and pass the test,” coach Mike Shanahan said after the morning practice. “He was doing well. He was running really well and had to stop.”

Haynesworth watched the entire practice (two-and-a-half hours) before his usual work with the defensive coaches.

“He’ll go through our walk-throughs and be out there for practice and he’ll get his conditioning and treatment in between,” Shanahan said.

Asked if at some point Haynesworth would be allowed to practice without passing the test, Shanahan said, “possibly,” but it remains unlikely he would move from his stance that Haynesworth must show he’s in football shape.

Shanahan said it’s also possible for Haynesworth to pass the test because he did last Thursday “easily” although not both parts of it.

“You have to be in a certain shape to go through a practice,” Shanahan said. “He’ll pass the test when he gets into football shape.”

Said linebacker London Fletcher: “He’ll get out there and start practicing soon. It’s good he’s out there to be able to hear the calls and hear what we’re saying on the field and the stunts we’re doing and things like that.”
read more

http://www.csnwashington.com/08/02/10/Redskins-Notes-Haynesworth-0-for-3-On-Te/landing_v3.html?blockID=281746&feedID=6458

fansince'76
08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
$100 million waste of space.

BigNastyDefense
08-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Good pickup there Danny Boy.

Godfather
08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
300 yards in 70 and 73 seconds?

Heck, a lot of nonathletes can do that.

kmsteelerwr15
08-03-2010, 12:10 AM
And to think everyone talked him up cause he lost 30 pounds. Looks like it didn't help him any.

Mattsme
08-03-2010, 12:32 AM
And to think everyone talked him up cause he lost 30 pounds. Looks like it didn't help him any.

That 30 pounds he lost was really just his misplaced lunchbox.

CantStop85
08-03-2010, 12:34 AM
300 yards in 70 and 73 seconds?

Heck, a lot of nonathletes can do that.

Eh, yeah, but I don't know about 350 pound non-athletes. Still, Haynesworth should be passing it pretty easily...I'd say it's more a sign of his malcontent than his physical shape.

Mike Golic attempted it on ESPN. Here's the video for anyone who isn't familiar with the drill: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5431961&categoryid=2378529

Shea
08-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I can't imagine how pissed off Skins fans must be with this asshole.

But it's not like he didn't give everybody a sign of what type of person he is.

When you stomp on a man's face, who isn't wearing a helmet, and when you're wearing cleats designed to create traction on the turf, therefore sharp (and I could be wrong about the number), but I believe it took sixty-something stitches to close up those wounds. ON HIS FACE!

This guy is a zero upstairs. :der:

Too bad Goodell can't kick this shithead out of the NFL permanently.

And sorry but I can only feel for the fans of the Washington base, but not the idiots upstairs that signed and gave this animal all that money.

Godfather
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I can't imagine how pissed off Skins fans must be with this asshole.

But it's not like he didn't give everybody a sign of what type of person he is.

When you stomp on a man's face, who isn't wearing a helmet, and when you're wearing cleats designed to create traction on the turf, therefore sharp (and I could be wrong about the number), but I believe it took sixty-something stitches to close up those wounds. ON HIS FACE!

This guy is a zero upstairs. :der:

Too bad Goodell can't kick this shithead out of the NFL permanently.

And sorry but I can only feel for the fans of the Washington base, but not the idiots upstairs that signed and gave this animal all that money.

He was like that in college too. He took Rohan Davey out of the SEC title game with a cheap shot out of bounds.

Joke was on him because Matt Mauck came in and lit up the Tennessee defense, costing them a trip to the Rose Bowl.

Galax Steeler
08-04-2010, 04:18 AM
No surprise here he is just wanting a paycheck and that is all he don't deserve to be in the nfl.

BigNastyDefense
08-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I wonder....is he hurt or is this his way of holding out? He knows if he didn't show he could lose some or all of that $21M they just paid him.

Chidi29
08-06-2010, 08:49 PM
He's getting back at Shanny. If you're going to make me go through all this, I just won't do it and get to miss working out.

It's the equivalent of a kid holding his breath because his parent is making him do something.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
He is a loser.. He gets a $100 mil and acts like a bitch..

xX-TSK-Xx
08-07-2010, 04:12 PM
UPDATE: He finally passed.

Redskins DT Haynesworth passes conditioning test

NFL.com Wire Reports

Albert Haynesworth finally passed the Washington Redskins conditioning test Saturday morning, ending a daily soap opera that had overshadowed the first week-and-a-half of training camp.

Haynesworth was cleared to practice and was on the field with his teammates Saturday afternoon, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported, citing a team source.

Haynesworth fully participated in drills, according to the Washington Post. When Haynesworth lined up in the nose tackle spot, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said, "Oh yeah, we got the big guy back!" (continued at link)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81993ed5/article/redskins-dt-haynesworth-passes-conditioning-test?module=HP_headlines

BigNastyDefense
08-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Haha Haslett told him that he was sick of seeing his face on TV for not passing the conditioning test so he told Haynesworth that he was taking it today AND passing it.

st33lersguy
08-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I see Jamain Haynesworth was able to pass the conditioning test without passing out or getting cut