PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Bradshaw will have second Steelers meeting

Count Steeler
04-10-2013, 06:57 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers' extended dance with Ahmad Bradshaw continues.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Steelers plan to bring the free-agent running back in for a second visit prior to the NFL draft.

The Steelers want to check in on the status of Bradshaw's surgically repaired right foot, according to a source informed of the team's plans. If everything checks out, the team will make an attempt to sign the running back.

And so it continues. Bradshaw met with the Steelers two weeks ago, taking a physical but exiting the building without a contract offer. Pittsburgh remained interested, however, proven by the team's decision to set up a second visit.

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159111/article/ahmad-bradshaw-to-have-second-meeting-with-steelers)

Spike
04-10-2013, 07:04 PM
so they give Sander's money to a one-legged Bradshaw?.....that could mean something

how much would they save if they cut Redman?

Psycho Ward 86
04-10-2013, 09:36 PM
so they give Sander's money to a one-legged Bradshaw?.....that could mean something

how much would they save if they cut Redman?

redman? lets cut batch. he has and will always be garbage. still cant understand why people got so excited over him just because he's such a good hearted guy and he can apparently block. lol

GBMelBlount
04-10-2013, 09:36 PM
I think Redman is 1.3 million (for two legs).

Dwinsgames
04-10-2013, 09:49 PM
redman? lets cut batch. he has and will always be garbage. still cant understand why people got so excited over him just because he's such a good hearted guy and he can apparently block. lol

this

albeit Batch is making something close to league min while Redman is making almost twice that , But Redman actually pulls his weight from time to time ...

I like bringing Bradshaw aboard if it is a low $ deal with incentives .... but still want to draft a guy in the 3rd round as insurance and eventual long term solution to the pos.

Seven
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Good. Bradshaw is an excellent player. I would feel a lot better about the state of the offense with him in the backfield. Of course injuries are a concern, but they are a concern with every player. He isn't Bob Sanders or anything, he plays enough to warrant a deal in my opinion. Even if we only get twelve games out of him, I think our rushing production would become more consistent. He's accomplished a lot for a 27 year old back. I think he would be a great Steeler.

GBMelBlount
04-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Good. Bradshaw is an excellent player. I would feel a lot better about the state of the offense with him in the backfield. Of course injuries are a concern, but they are a concern with every player. He isn't Bob Sanders or anything, he plays enough to warrant a deal in my opinion. Even if we only get twelve games out of him, I think our rushing production would become more consistent. He's accomplished a lot for a 27 year old back. I think he would be a great Steeler.

If he only plays 12 games he will fit right in. lol.

While I do feel that our running game will improve immensely if our O line gels I also feel upgrading our running back may help us more in the red zone too.

While Ben is a great quarterback I must admit I am not overly confident when we are in the red zone.

It seems like there are so many Packers, Patriots and Saints games where the final score is 28 or 35 to whatever and we always seem to be at scores like 20 and 23.

We NEED to punch the ball in the end zone not through the up rights.

LLT
04-11-2013, 05:28 AM

Really?

Because in the "New passing NFL"...there is a premium on third down backs that can catch out of the backfield and block. I would think that the Rainey experiment would be reason enough for people to understand why character counts.

zulater
04-11-2013, 05:41 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradAh00.htm

A couple things about Bradshaw. He's 27, so he's not excessively old, and he played 14 games last year, missing weeks 3 and 14. So he's not exactly the China doll he's made out to be. What's ironic is that many of the same people that are dead set against this signing desperately wanted the Steelers to stick with Mendenhall, a less productive back than Bradshaw of a smiliar age with a bum knee and achillies and attitude issues.

Hard to figure.

LLT
04-11-2013, 06:05 AM

A couple things about Bradshaw. He's 27, so he's not excessively old, and he played 14 games last year, missing weeks 3 and 14. So he's not exactly the China doll he's made out to be. What's ironic is that many of the same people that are dead set against this signing desperately wanted the Steelers to stick with Mendenhall, a less productive back than Bradshaw of a smiliar age with a bum knee and achillies and attitude issues.

Hard to figure.

Agreed.

He is the type of back we need to complete our RB corps. With him we would have a starting back..a change of pace back...and a third down back. Redman is sort of a wave player to me....a tweener, that can fill in if someone goes down.

tube517
04-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Are we sure his name is not Ah'mad Brad'shaw? If so, pass. :chuckle:

bayz101
04-11-2013, 07:07 AM
My memories of Bradhsaw began with him running into the line, and ended with him losing a yard.

GBMelBlount
04-11-2013, 07:41 AM
If that were your primary memory of Ahmad Bradshaw then I am assuming it is one of the only plays / games you ever watched.

Pristas
04-11-2013, 09:14 AM

He took out his apostrophes before he signed with the Giants.

Seriously though, he may very well become our starting back for the next 6 years. He is very stout, and I like the way he runs. Bradshaw is more of a workhorse back to me. Big and bruising. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but he would have fit in to the pre 2013 o-lines very well. This new young and fast line may be better suited for a David Wilson type back. Perhaps we will get both with the signing of Bradshaw and with a draft pick.

- - - Updated - - -

He took out his apostrophes before he signed with the Giants.

Seriously though, he may very well become our starting back for the next 6 years. He is very stout, and I like the way he runs. Bradshaw is more of a workhorse back to me. Big and bruising. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but he would have fit in to the pre 2013 o-lines very well. This new young and fast line may be better suited for a David Wilson type back. Perhaps we will get both with the signing of Bradshaw and with a draft pick.

zulater
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
If Bradshaw signs then Sanders is gone presumably. Can't see where they'll have the money for both.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
this

albeit Batch is making something close to league min while Redman is making almost twice that , But Redman actually pulls his weight from time to time ...

I like bringing Bradshaw aboard if it is a low $ deal with incentives .... but still want to draft a guy in the 3rd round as insurance and eventual long term solution to the pos.

Dude !!!!!!! Thats right 7 .i gots ta cut ya right now . Batch bashing is not acceptable to me . Some may have other points of looking from the outside looking in , But don't you bash on Batch . Good guy with the perception of what needs to take place .What more do you ask for ?

zulater
04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
My memories of Bradhsaw began with him running into the line, and ended with him losing a yard.

Funny that he somehow manages to possess a 4.6 yard's per carry average not only for last season, but his career as well.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm so stupid i wonder how i managed to survive .

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Dude !!!!!!! Thats right 7 .i gots ta cut ya right now . Batch bashing is not acceptable to me . Some may have other points of looking from the outside looking in , But don't you bash on Batch . Good guy with the perception of what needs to take place .What more do you ask for ?

gee, i dont know, maybe ill ask for a guy who averages more than 2 yards per carry, 4 receptions a season, and doesnt have 2 career threatening injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

Because in the "New passing NFL"...there is a premium on third down backs that can catch out of the backfield and block. I would think that the Rainey experiment would be reason enough for people to understand why character counts.

if he can block, thats cute. his 4 receptions last season are even cuter. but were going to need a back who's going to do more than that if we want to improve the 26th run game in the league. i think production counts for something as well.

zulater
04-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm so stupid i wonder how i managed to survive .

I never considered you stupid.

Just batshit crazy! :lol: :wink02:

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM

Hard to figure.

i want bradshaw as well, but to be fair he's had 3 surgeries on his right foot and also on his left foot and both ankles. thats pretty sketch

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134216/article/ahmad-bradshaw-recovering-from-latest-foot-surgery

zulater
04-11-2013, 10:55 AM
i want bradshaw as well, but to be fair he's had 3 surgeries on his right foot and also on his left foot and both ankles. thats pretty sketch

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134216/article/ahmad-bradshaw-recovering-from-latest-foot-surgery

If he passes their physical hopefully that means he can plow out at least one more productive NFL season.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Funny that he somehow manages to possess a 4.6 yard's per carry average not only for last season, but his career as well.

Zu , i would welcome his style of running in a "half a heart beat". Anyone who does not think we need " a runnig back , and we know your running the ball anyway , needs to reevaluate their point of view . I would just get a woody , just seein the name Bradshaw printed on the back of his jersey . Jerome came from the rams , but we did get get our backs with an intention in mind . I hate the Giants , but he is part of the reason why . If we can get him , but we don't ,then i can finally say it..........the steelers "FUCKED UP " !!!!!!! Thats right 7 !!!!!!!

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm cryin inside , But on the outside i'm nuthin more than "cold-hard-steel ".

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I know i get ahead of some folks brains, But if we do not sign Bradshaw we must have someone else in mind . Please for the life of me , tell me who.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Really?

How bout lining up in a run situation and you know we are gonna run . Good luck stoppin that . I say bring the man aboard . Just me though .

Pristas
04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I know i get ahead of some folks brains, But if we do not sign Bradshaw we must have someone else in mind . Please for the life of me , tell me who.

ROUND 2: LACY.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Okay , i only have one other option here . You don't sign Bradshaw you are lookin at another 8-8 season . Give Ben the
>chance to sling the ball.......you'''''re good . I just think we traveled too far down the road , to be without a running back like Jerome . Like i said , it's just a dumb freakin fan like me that says it .

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Is lacy up to the task ? That is what we need .

zulater
04-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Gay Bo Lacy? I thought he retired? :lol:

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 12:30 PM

I know dude , I been fightin wit you ,for soooooo long , I'm surprised i still have that pulse thing going on .You mark my words , we neen a back that can make you set-up on defense ,and say ohhhh shit , they are running the ball. Other than that i'm fine .

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 12:41 PM
i Thought i should retire. Then i started ta get thinkin . What is retired ? First you get tired , then you get real tired ? If you are tired the first time around ..........why go the retired........Now i member ..

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
All jokes asside i would welcome a back like him with my arms wide open . Bettis never looked and said we have to go around . We have to go straight though yo azz ! That is the attitude we need to get back !!!!!!!

Bluecoat96
04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
i Thought i should retire. Then i started ta get thinkin . What is retired ? First you get tired , then you get real tired ? If you are tired the first time around ..........why go the retired........Now i member ..

Stop drinking and posting.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Stop drinking and posting.

Ahhhh that is one of the sweetest posts i ever recieved . Give me the blue screen then i will stop . But with the skills i have i will get her right back up and runnin . I'm sorry honey . I should stop drinking though .Don't be rude . Be for real .

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM

cocaine is a hell of a drug

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Damn man , guess ya can't have fun no more .

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
cocaine is a hell of a drug

Well i'm an active alcoholic so i don't know what you are talkin about the coke shit .

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
If the Steelers sign Bradshaw . it will be a great day in the eighborhood . Check with Travis and he will explain why i left out the N.

OHHH MY GOD !!!!!

n

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 02:17 PM
There needs to be another jersey , with "Bradshaw " pressed upon it .There i said it . Crucify me !!!!!!!

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 02:39 PM
You mean a man can not sit arround his house and catch a buzz ? We are on line and everyone can see right ? I thought so or i would not want to be here . I've nothing to hide . Cept my alcoholic freakin face that i look at every morning when i wake up . There are some people good out there , that really do want to get better . Maybe i do not have what it takes . But i do have enough will inside of me to get better . All the good people out there........i love you !!!!!!!

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 02:52 PM
i have to drop this argument as quick as i can . I ain't here to fight nobody . Let the defense figure that one out . If you ain't Arnold Palmer , stay your azz at home and leave me alone. If ya got a rolling rock , then we may be able to talk.

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 03:11 PM
wow , i take a nap now and again .I always check if i said something stupid or not . Never fails , i always do . But the one thing that always amazes me is the lack of compassion that people carry with them . Just sayin .

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Bradshaw shoul!d be a Steeler ! There i said it

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

cold-hard-steel
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
It's a great day in the neighborhood ,sweet dreams my steeler cousins .

Steeldude
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Great, a RB with one foot. :yay3:

Texasteel
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I've seen pictures of him and he still has two feet. The question the Steelers have to find the answer to is,,,,,,,,,, how good is that foot?

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Great, a RB with one foot. :yay3:

you can make a fair argument that he's a paraplegic :chuckle:

Craic
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM

That may be, but when you take away his long runs . . . :chuckle:

(You know, I don't even remember who that was that said that anymore. So, whoever it was, I'm not poking fun at you).

Galax Steeler
04-16-2013, 03:39 AM
I've seen pictures of him and he still has two feet. The question the Steelers have to find the answer to is,,,,,,,,,, how good is that foot?

Agreed and if they think it is good to go I say sign him and lets see what he has.