PDA

View Full Version : Ta'amu ........ ONCE A THUG ALWAYS A THUG ! He's a GONER !

katmandu
04-08-2013, 08:09 AM
After everything this kid has been through, he post THIS pic of himself on Twitter YESTERDAY!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Pqc7GS-tGjQ/UWK-iZCBd9I/AAAAAAAAHKE/_Z1EsPzZJL0/s300/taamu-225x300.jpg

Spike
04-08-2013, 08:10 AM
at least it isn't weed

katmandu
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Here's more on the story!

http://www.tinyurl.com/c2fbtrn

Look at his little friend's Tweets!

https://twitter.com/ME0ish

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 08:15 AM
After everything this kid has been through, he post THIS pic of himself on Twitter YESTERDAY!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Pqc7GS-tGjQ/UWK-iZCBd9I/AAAAAAAAHKE/_Z1EsPzZJL0/s300/taamu-225x300.jpg

whats a dumbass just get over a major legal ordeal with alcohol involved and is on probation and he lets that pic out ???

he very well could go to jail over that pic .... it will depend on his terms of probation but most times with an incident such as he just got cleared up in the system a zero tolerance alcohol clause is in those terms ... and to have it in a car makes it that much worse ... when Art II sees this he is going to be livid !!!

I agree he will be off the roster by weeks end

katmandu
04-08-2013, 08:17 AM
If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't even visited the Goodell yet....right ?

Pristas
04-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Pitchforks everyone!!!

Man, I am tired of this offseason crap. Per Steeler's Depot:

Ta'amu has now taken to Twitter to clarify things.
I don't go out and I don't drink.. I've passed every UA test since October 14.. I'm in Pitt training.. Focused for next season. HONEST MISTAKE. Really. Didn't look at his pic before sending my tweet. Wouldn't joke about that.

Spike
04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
leave the poor guy alone, he's just having some fun with his homies

katmandu
04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
leave the poor guy alone, he's just having some fun with his homiesHomies like that, who needs enemies !!

Spike
04-08-2013, 08:53 AM
He was my pick in the draft and I'm stickin' with him

that's how I roll

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/castnbash/troll.jpg

Texasteel
04-08-2013, 09:09 AM
He was my pick as well, but dumb is dumb. Roger is going to have a field day with this. Its going to be one of those things where you get a fair trial,,,,,,,, while they are throwing a rope over a tree limb outside the court room. Think we may want to start looking at NT in the draft.

Spike
04-08-2013, 09:14 AM
He was my pick as well, but dumb is dumb. Roger is going to have a field day with this. Its going to be one of those things where you get a fair trial,,,,,,,, while they are throwing a rope over a tree limb outside the court room. Think we may want to start looking at NT in the draft.

Steelers already suspended him for 2 games

fuck Lord Goodell

katmandu
04-08-2013, 09:19 AM

fuck Lord GoodellAnd you don't think Lord Goodell can do likewise ?

Spike
04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
And you don't think Lord Goodell can do likewise ?

I'm hoping for a new class of fuck-ups to enter the league with bigger problems

Texasteel
04-08-2013, 09:33 AM

fuck Lord Goodell

Doesn't matter what the Steelers have done. Goodell can take that into consideration or ignor it. I could see him hitting the young man with an additional ban after this picture was put out, and I could see the Steelers thinking that this is more trouble than it is worth.

Spike
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Well at least that hack Florio didn't find that twitter pic and run a story on it. I think he's gonna be OK.

katmandu
04-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Doesn't matter what the Steelers have done. Goodell can take that into consideration or ignor it. I could see him hitting the young man with an additional ban after this picture was put out, and I could see the Steelers thinking that this is more trouble than it is worth.X2.

What's troubling is that Ta'mau thought it was a good idea in the first place to retweet his "friends" tweet.

He just does not get it.....

If he can't understand by now that "friends/homies" he's hanging around are losers that will only drag him down he will NEVER understand.

I know a kid (a HOF'er 1/2 brother) who came within a hair of making into the NFL. One night of poor judgement (in college - Wisconsin) costs him his whole entire future of ever getting into the NFL. His family was devastated.

Ta'mau is following this same path of destruction.

Spike
04-08-2013, 10:21 AM
he says the pic was from last year

Alameda Taamu 95 @MEDATAAMU74
Just realized I retweeted a bad pic from after the draft last year.Friend from home messin with me. I don't drink anymore. HONEST MISTAKE

katmandu
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
he says the pic was from last year

Just realized I retweeted a bad pic from after the draft last year.Friend from home messin with me. I don't drink anymore. HONEST MISTAKEYou don't get it either Spike. Says a lot about you.

Spike
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
You don't get it either Spike. Says a lot about you.

you want to kick one of your own family out on the street?

says a lot about you

katmandu
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
you want to kick one of your own family out on the street?

says a lot about youSaid like a true co-dependent enabler. You still don't get it.

If he was in my family, we would do an what's called an "INTERVENTION". That's were if you love someone and really care for them, you call out their destructive behaviors and find them resources to help in their recovery. Then you continue to love and support them.

Ever heard of such a concept ? I thought not.

salamander
04-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Dumbass.

bayz101
04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
He said it was a picture from shortly after the draft, and that he doesn't drink anymore.

I'm not sure if I believe he doesn't drink anymore, but I do believe he's telling the truth. I simply can't imagine he'd be stupid enough to fuck his second chance up by posting something like that on Twitter intentionally.

Texasteel
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
It may be an old picture, but it's my understanding that he posted it recently. ( Am I wrong about that?) This in itself at least shows a lack of judgment and common sence. I really think Goodell will run with this.

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
He said it was a picture from shortly after the draft, and that he doesn't drink anymore.

I'm not sure if I believe he doesn't drink anymore, but I do believe he's telling the truth. I simply can't imagine he'd be stupid enough to fuck his second chance up by posting something like that on Twitter intentionally.

don't be to sure of that .... look at his home boys twitter page , that is the element he calls friend ..note the bio pic , see the text ? look through the tweets ... sound like a guy you want your team mates or contractual players running around with ?

this MIGHT blow over .... it might not , but at the end of the day if he does not make drastic changes in his lifestyle and who he calls friends this will get revisited at some point because he will be in trouble again ...

as a side note the Steelers and the NFL may not be the only ones interested in this .... the Court system may be looking at it too after all he is on probation and he very well may be in violation of those terms by hanging out with that sort of element ( and he better be able to prove that pic is a year old too if they delve into it )

if they can prove it is the interior of his current automobile or a time stamp on the actual pic ..I would not want to be him

Steeltreal
04-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Twitter is the TMZ for ProAthletes, why people r entertained by either who knows,...

zulater
04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
You don't get it either Spike. Says a lot about you.

I think it's unfair for your to get personal about it like this.

I can understand your points, but this isn't as cut and dried to everyone as you believe it to be. There is some room for different interpretation of the facts as they now stand.

Granted I lean to your side on this a little, and think there's a good chance this could be the straw that breaks the camels back. But that's the Steelers decision to make. Right now i don't think it's a given either way.

But regardless, making an adverse personal assessment on another poster based his opinion is a low blow in my opinion.

ALLD
04-08-2013, 01:44 PM
"Stupid" is like an incurable disease.

Devilsdancefloor
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Are the trees green in Pittsburgh already? i kinda believe the young man that it was from last year look out the sunroof!

zulater
04-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Are the trees green in Pittsburgh already? i kinda believe the young man that it was from last year look out the sunroof!

Good point. No way was that picture taken this year! It was still poor judgement to post such a picture. But if he's doing what he's supposed to otherwise, that picture isn't ground's for cutting him neccessarily.

Spike
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM

again........or so he says

Just realized I retweeted a bad pic from after the draft last year.Friend from home messin with me. I don't drink anymore. HONEST MISTAKE

- - - Updated - - -

Said like a true co-dependent enabler. You still don't get it.

If he was in my family, we would do an what's called an "INTERVENTION". That's were if you love someone and really care for them, you call out their destructive behaviors and find them resources to help in their recovery. Then you continue to love and support them.

Ever heard of such a concept ? I thought not.

love? wtf???

I don't want to fuck him, I want him to play

keep your fantasies to yourself!

BlastFurnace
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Well at least that hack Florio didn't find that twitter pic and run a story on it. I think he's gonna be OK.

Florio is too consumed with Brendon Ayanbadejo to find anything football related.

Hindes204
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
So a passenger of his is holding a bottle of liquor, that is most likely still closed (I can't really tell).....bad judgment to post the pic, sure, but I hardly see the reason for the contempt shown in this thread.

So he has some questionable friends...so what. So do I. I am bound by many more rules being in the military but I'm not going to get rid of friends because they do things that are not compatible with my military career, I just choose not to participate in the things they do. And taking a picture with a friend holding a bottle of liquor is nothing to get worked up about.

Spike
04-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Florio is too consumed with Brendon Ayanbadejo to find anything football related.

well that's good for us

have you looked at our depth chart on defense lately?

http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

the cupboard is pretty bare

Psycho Ward 86
04-08-2013, 03:07 PM
well that's good for us

have you looked at our depth chart on defense lately?

http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

the cupboard is pretty bare

lol. thats not even close to being updated

Devilsdancefloor
04-08-2013, 03:16 PM
an we please stop the personal attacks out of this please. Thanks

Spike
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
lol. thats not even close to being updated

you're right - here's a better one - filled in with scrubs

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT

Texasteel
04-08-2013, 03:23 PM
again........or so he says

- - - Updated - - -

love? wtf???

I don't want to fuck him, I want him to play

keep your fantasies to yourself!

Please keep your insults to yourself. Good hearted jabs at one an other is one thing, but this crosses the line.

Craic
04-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Whew! Glad it was a mistake, and I agree, unless this was taken somewhere in FLoriday, it was an old pic. But yes, i was ready to say goodbye. I've hit my limit with this kind of activity. I don't care if it's Ben, Antonio Brown, Troy P. or our next "idiot kicker." Enough is enough.

Count Steeler
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I really think these kids need a mentoring program. Maybe even a probation program for the first 2 years of an NFLers career.

These kids start making the big bucks, they think they are on top of the world and don't have to answer to anyone. I think it is time for the Steelers to start something along these lines. Set a standard for the league. It really is a shame to see all the shenanigans by these guys, because they just don't know how to handle money, fame and power.

Whatever leash Ta'amu had, I am sure has been considerably shortened.

stillers4me
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
A "friend" posted an old picture that he retweeted without looking closely enough at it. He realized his mistake and apologised.

Talk about a huge over-reaction.

vader29
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Ceiling cat was there, nothing bad was going on.

:chuckle:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2viryb7.jpg

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
In October 2011 Ta'amu was charged with driving under the influence for an incident that occurred December 12, 2009, while he was playing for the University of Washington. The police report stated that Ta'amu was stopped for driving 73 mph in a 60 mph zone at 3:40 a.m. and that he "smelled [of] an odor of alcohol" and had "blood-shot watery eyes." Police said Ta'amu, who was 19 at the time, registered 0.097 and 0.098 on breath tests. Ta'amu pleaded guilty to negligent driving, for which he was sentenced to one day in a community-work program and ordered to pay a $350 fine.

then the incident in Pittsburgh last year .... ( his second chance )

now the pic and the friends twitter does not paint a good pic for a guy who is on 18 month probation and a 2 time offender ....

call it a whole bunch of nothing if you desire , I call it a pattern and another piece to an alarming puzzle

GBMelBlount
04-08-2013, 05:01 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/castnbash/troll.jpg

I see spike as more of a "Nothing like the smell of fresh napalm" kind of guy.....but that's just me.

http://youtu.be/bPXVGQnJm0w

X-Terminator
04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
OK, so we're getting worked up about a picture that was taken last year, before the incident last October? Really people?

He was dumb for retweeting the pic, and he apologized for his mistake. Nothing else to see here, move along.

Spike
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I see spike as more of a "Nothing like the smell of fresh napalm" kind of guy.....but that's just me.

you know it baby!

ha ha

rock on!

steelreserve
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
I think the people who are concerned about the picture are worried about the wrong thing ... what scares me is that anyone who has friends like that has got to be dumber than a sack of doorknobs.

katmandu
04-08-2013, 06:31 PM
what scares me is that anyone who has friends like that has got to be dumber than a sack of doorknobs.That's the point. If he's still hanging around with thugs and being easily influenced by them.

Hopefully, for him it really was an honest, stupid mistake. He needs to learn from it and back off Social media....at least until the dust settles.

Steeldude
04-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Wasn't this type of behavior one of his red flags when being drafted?

He has the punk attitude which, IMO, Tomlin seems to like.

HollywoodSteel
04-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I believe his story about the picture being a year old because I don't think he's smart enough to come up with a lie that good so quickly. :)

Regardless, I doubt the picture was taken in Pittsburgh. He says it's a guy from back home so it was probably taken in Washington. He's currently in Pittsburgh, training so I think his story is ligit. Still stupid of him to retweet something like that.

zulater
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Is anyone really surprised? Wasn't this type of behavior one of his red flags when being drafted?

He has the punk attitude which, IMO, Tomlin seems to like.

At least 1/3 of any year's Pro Bowl roster is compromised of players with similiar red flags.

It's the NFL not Boy Scouts. A lot of young men who possess the stand out skills neccessary to advance to Div I collegiate sports develop massive ego's and tend to lack perspective and accountabilty for their actions and behaviour.

There's not an NFL roster that doesn't have more than a few of these guys.