PDA

View Full Version : offer this man a vet min deal

Dwinsgames
04-05-2013, 05:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157860/article/rolando-mcclain-released-by-oakland-raiders

he has proven to be a Bone head , but a bone head that can play ILB in the 3-4 at a higher level than he ever played in the 4-3 ( he IMO has been playing out of his natural pos his entire career at Oakland ) I would offer him a vet min deal with obtainable incentives , he is still young and if he could ever get his head on straight could be a hell of a player inside in the 3-4

BlastFurnace
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
No way. He's a pain in the neck off the field and he's not very good on it.

43Hitman
04-06-2013, 09:59 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157860/article/rolando-mcclain-released-by-oakland-raiders

he has proven to be a Bone head , but a bone head that can play ILB in the 3-4 at a higher level than he ever played in the 4-3 ( he IMO has been playing out of his natural pos his entire career at Oakland ) I would offer him a vet min deal with obtainable incentives , he is still young and if he could ever get his head on straight could be a hell of a player inside in the 3-4
A stable team environment could really do him some good. I'd certainly be open to taking a look at him.

Dwinsgames
04-06-2013, 10:07 AM
No way. He's a pain in the neck off the field and he's not very good on it.

I wonder how well ( insert your favorite player here ) would do in the NFL playing out of pos in a dysfunctional organization such as the Raider ?

just sayin

because that is exactly what McClain has been doing his entire career playing out of pos with a new def coord almost every year ....

sure he is an off the field nightmare but that is why he needs to be surrounded by the right guys ( who better than Foote and Timmons ? ) both vets with a flawless off field record

Mojouw
04-06-2013, 11:12 AM
I agree. Take a chance and bring him to camp on a small deal. Then if he goes nutso, cut him and move on. When you are against the cap and have multiple needs...gotta take some chances in roster construction.

Count Steeler
04-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Worth a look.

Devilsdancefloor
04-06-2013, 05:24 PM
i really like him in he was coining outm but he seems to play lazy now that he made the Big time, but maybe butler can get it out of him on the field and a stable core of LBers can keep him together off it?

st33lersguy
04-06-2013, 09:12 PM
The last thing this team needs is this lazy criminal, the team doesn't have enough cap space to waste any of it on this bum, fortunately, this team won't go after good free agents who haven't played in the black and gold, so they won't go after McClain

GBMelBlount
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree. Take a chance and bring him to camp on a small deal. Then if he goes nutso, cut him and move on. When you are against the cap and have multiple needs...gotta take some chances in roster construction.

I agree.

Spike
04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
McClain is a two-down inside linebacker with next to no coverage ability and has off-field issues, but he's a serviceable run defender and is only 23 years old.

so he's a young Foote with attitude

bayz101
04-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Can't foresee a 23-year old player signing a vet-min deal. Someone will take a chance on him.

Dwinsgames
04-07-2013, 09:18 AM
McClain is a two-down inside linebacker with next to no coverage ability and has off-field issues, but he's a serviceable run defender and is only 23 years old.

I laugh when people say 2 down linebacker , I honestly do ....

here is why ...

how many downs a guy should play is dependent on down and distance and scheme , none not withstanding the other ...

then it also depends on your intent as a def on that particular play ....

If a guy lacks coverage ability you may want to take him off the field on 3rd an 5 or more , but at the same time when that same guy has pass rush ability you very well may want him on the field and with Lebeau being the coordinator and lover of the x blitz on 3rd down your 2 down linebacker becomes a 3 down linebacker in an instant ....

all these talking heads do not take into consideration def tendencies of teams they look at a player and label him without looking at the situation or team tendencies making most of what they say ( more than half the time ) just idle chatter to fill time in a segment .....

there is also a HUGE difference in a 4-3 backer and a 3-4 ILB in terms of responsibility McClain has been forced to play in a 4-3 go back to his draft profiles and have a look most felt he was better suited as a 3-4 inside backer then nothing has changed in that regard ...

yes he has been an off the field nightmare ( well perhaps not quite a nightmare there has been far worse players in the league in terms of off field issues ) ...

Look at the changes that would take place if he came to the Burgh ....

1) first time as a pro with a team that has a good chance to compete week in week out

2) first time as a pro with a team that is not full of malcontents in the locker room

3) first time as a pro with a team with a winning mentality

4) first time as a pro with a team that has a stable system in place

5) first time as a pro where he would play his natural pos and not be square peg round holed into filling the spot because they have nothing else to put there

6) first time as a pro he would not be facing a new system each and every training camp due to philosophical differences for the coord that was there the year prior

7) first time as a pro he would have guys in the locker room around him to show him the right way to go to work on his craft

8) first time as a pro to play in a city that is not the spotlight place LA is , Pittsburgh is not Mayberry but it is a long ways from LA surroundings help make you who you are

9) a fresh start , many times that is all a player needs .... leave all the weight of the first round top 10 pick expectations behind you and get to work on proving what you can do

10) many guys entering this years draft are the same age as McClain is now .....McClain has a head start on every one of them in terms to adjusting to the speed and flow of the game ... and he is still a kid that could play 10 more years in this league so you are essentially getting a rookie with 3 years experience in the league

there I have made my case for why to take a chance at him IF.....

he comes at a cheap base salary incentive laden deal to feed his desire to perform yet pay him what he is worth if he plays lights out so there is no contract issues a year or two down the road

st33lersguy
04-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Except Foote isn't lazy

Spike
04-07-2013, 09:43 AM
there I have made my case for why to take a chance at him

Oh yeah, he'll fit right in

On January 27, 2011, a vehicle being driven by Rolando McClain was shot at while McClain was in his hometown of Decatur, Alabama. No one was hurt and police are unsure if the shooter knew that the car belonged to McClain.He later fired multiple shots at the police.

On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.

On May 17, 2012, McClain was found guilty on all counts, ordered to pay a $500 fine for each charge, totaling $2,000, and sentenced to spend 45 days in jail for each charge, 180 in total. He was freed on bond, and will begin serving his sentence on June 1. On November 18, 2012, while the case was on appeal, the charges were dismissed by the Judge after the victim decided not to press charges. According to lawyers involved, a financial settlement was reached between McClain and the victim.

On January 8, 2013 McClain was arrested by Decatur Police in Morgan County after an officer pulled him over for a window tint violation. McClain provided the officer with a false name and he was arrested and booked into the Decatur City Jail. McClain bonded out of jail later that day.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/files/2011/12/Raiders_McClain_Football-ALDEC201-0.JPG.jpeg

st33lersguy
04-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Let the thugbirds get him, he'll fit right in, they need a new ILB who is a criminal anyway

Dwinsgames
04-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah, he'll fit right in

On January 27, 2011, a vehicle being driven by Rolando McClain was shot at while McClain was in his hometown of Decatur, Alabama. No one was hurt and police are unsure if the shooter knew that the car belonged to McClain.He later fired multiple shots at the police.

On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.

On May 17, 2012, McClain was found guilty on all counts, ordered to pay a $500 fine for each charge, totaling $2,000, and sentenced to spend 45 days in jail for each charge, 180 in total. He was freed on bond, and will begin serving his sentence on June 1. On November 18, 2012, while the case was on appeal, the charges were dismissed by the Judge after the victim decided not to press charges. According to lawyers involved, a financial settlement was reached between McClain and the victim.

On January 8, 2013 McClain was arrested by Decatur Police in Morgan County after an officer pulled him over for a window tint violation. McClain provided the officer with a false name and he was arrested and booked into the Decatur City Jail. McClain bonded out of jail later that day.

what does the Jan 27 2011 incident have to do with McClains demeanor looks like he was the victim to me ....

window tint ? really , your going to bring up window tint ??? that is less than Jaywalking for gods sakes , Hell I got a ticket for window tint back in the late 80s ( and was a Guard at the Jail on my way to work when I got it ) oh my maybe they should have locked me up instead of have me babysit the inmates ....

I can almost guarantee you MOST of the people here have done something as bad or nearly as bad as McClain when they where in their late teens to early 20s ( even if it was driving drunk just once cause that can kill multiple people in 1 occurrence and is also against the law )

Yep he discharged a gun in the city limits , never a good idea but far from Murder ...

I concede he is no saint but I am willing to wager nobody here has been anointed sainthood either ....

BND65
04-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Maybe all he needs is a change of scenery and a change in management. Let him come to a team that dont take the kind of stuff he did in Oakland, and he may wise up.

steelreserve
04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
There's no way he's signing for the minimum salary. This is the NFL. Someone will offer him at least the $4M he was scheduled to make because of "potential." They might even offer him more. Dallas Cowboys, I'm looking at you.

Dwinsgames
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
There's no way he's signing for the minimum salary. This is the NFL. Someone will offer him at least the $4M he was scheduled to make because of "potential." They might even offer him more. Dallas Cowboys, I'm looking at you.

I dunno , remember he stated on his facebook page he was sick of playing for a looser team ....( that is what got him sent to the bench and suspended by the team ) He will sign with the best team to make him an offer that provides him with a chance to compete to start IMO ....time will tell who that team is , but if you do not cast your line in the water you will never catch any fish ...

its not always the bait on your hook , sometimes its because you have your line in the creek in the right spot

steelreserve
04-07-2013, 10:29 PM
I dunno , remember he stated on his facebook page he was sick of playing for a looser team ....( that is what got him sent to the bench and suspended by the team ) He will sign with the best team to make him an offer that provides him with a chance to compete to start IMO ....time will tell who that team is , but if you do not cast your line in the water you will never catch any fish ...

its not always the bait on your hook , sometimes its because you have your line in the creek in the right spot

Trust me ... a dipshit like that will go after whatever shiny object is in front of him, so he'll follow the money.

It doesn't really matter which team it is - as long as it's not the Raiders, he'll buy whatever line of shit they give him about how they're on the cusp of winning and their worst days are behind them as soon as he signs with them.

LLT
04-08-2013, 04:04 AM
I wonder how well ( insert your favorite player here ) would do in the NFL playing out of pos in a dysfunctional organization such as the Raider ?

just sayin

because that is exactly what McClain has been doing his entire career playing out of pos with a new def coord almost every year ....

sure he is an off the field nightmare but that is why he needs to be surrounded by the right guys ( who better than Foote and Timmons ? ) both vets with a flawless off field record

There is more truth to that than people realize. How many times have you seen a team draft a player that has all the attributes of a natural 3/4 DE....and they put him at DT, where he washes out.

Spike
04-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Hell I got a ticket for window tint back in the late 80s ( and was a Guard at the Jail on my way to work when I got it ) oh my maybe they should have locked me up instead of have me babysit the inmates ....

I can almost guarantee you MOST of the people here have done something as bad or nearly as bad as McClain

I concede he is no saint but I am willing to wager nobody here has been anointed sainthood either ....

awwwww - I bet you see a reclamation project in every bum on the street too

I'm still laughing at their fans reaction to him leaving

Halelujia, Now him and Jamarcus can hang out and drink some purple sizzurp.....

ROLO- "Rolando, Only Lame Once"

See ya Slo Mo Ro. You won't be missed here.bwaaaahahahaha

Complete dirt bag of a player. Good riddance.

Don't let a gun go off by your ear on the way out the door you jerk.

We won't be done paying for this piece of sh*t for a while.

Can't think of a player I ever disliked as much as Ro. Jamarcus was not even close. If ever someone deserved being called a worthless piece of sh*t, it is Ro. Hope NE picks him up.

**** that lazy ass scrub! Hope he never plays in the NFL again.

Good riddance. Unlike players who were just overpaid (Huff, DHB) Rolando was truly a bum. No heart, effort, and lack of production

What a douchebag. "I'd like to thank the Raiders for bein da fools who made me a millionaire. Thanks for nothin. F ya'll, I'm free!!!"

Isn't there still the possibility this loser ends up in prison? Not only do I hope he doesn't find another team but I hope he finds himself in prison and rots....

Rolando Rolando, you cad, you loser
There was no more cap space for this boozer.

Was it the sizzurp or was it the weed?
Or was it the lack of your closing speed?

You dogged it in practice and took off plays,
All in the nation cheer to say goodbye to those days.

hahahaha

GBMelBlount
04-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Sounds lazy. I wonder if he would even pass the sniff test if he interviewed here.

Still, with all that talent...

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Tell McClain he can be my Mike Linebacker any day Mike Tomlin

Spike
04-08-2013, 07:31 AM
that was years ago, when he was in college

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/04/mike-tomlin-raiders-rolando-mcclain-steelers-linebacker/

NJarhead
04-08-2013, 07:46 AM
I have no interest in this guy. There is little-to-no gain and plenty of risk.

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 07:48 AM
McClain as a 3-4 Backer at Bama

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/rolando-mcclain-1.html

3 years 274 tackles 31.5 for a loss 8 sacks 5 picks 21 passes defensed ( does not sound like a lazy player to me ) Playing in the SEC against many guys who are in the league today

in 2011 ( 15 games ) for the Raider he compiled 99 tackles 5 sacks 14 passes defensed ( wait he can't cover anybody ??? ) and registered a Safety ( mind you I contend he is playing out of pos too ) he is a player who plays on emotion , that emotion was not there because he was playing for and trapped by a contract in a dysfunctional organization ... he lacked desire and could not get up for games ....

anyone who watched McClain play at Bama could see as plain as the nose on your face ( when looking in the mirror ) the kid can play ILB in the 3-4 at a VERY high level ..... ( go look may still be some tape on him on youtube from bama )

here some is here ( remember he can not cover and he is slow /roll eyes ) the difference is he is playing with heart and he is playing IN pos not out of it ...

what is good about these videos ( highlights and lowlights ) the guy who put it together shows you not just the good but a sample of all his play even when he makes a mistake whereas most highlight videos show only the good ( props to the maker of the vid for being objective )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJwMCgaxKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG6bwopKTc

Spike
04-08-2013, 08:05 AM
In 41 career games with Oakland, McClain only had 6½ sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, no fumble recoveries and did little to help improve Oakland’s struggling run defense.

LLT
04-08-2013, 08:07 AM
In 41 career games with Oakland, McClain only had 6½ sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, no fumble recoveries and did little to help improve Oakland’s struggling run defense.

stats are for losers

.....and you left off total tackles.

Spike
04-08-2013, 08:15 AM
stats are for losers

.....and you left off total tackles.

he is a loser, that's for sure - and those are production results, (or the lack of) not meaningless % stats

you gonna follow me around like a little whipped puppy?

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
he is a loser, that's for sure - and those are production results, (or the lack of) not meaningless % stats

you posted after him , you sure you are not the one doing the following ?

based on post count , I am guessing he does a lot more posting in every forum section than you ....( that's a stat you can bank on )

LLT
04-08-2013, 08:25 AM

1) Whipped puppies run....they dont follow

2) I actually dont like McClain but I would give him a tryout "with stipulations".

3) You are not the "STATMASTER" to decide when stats are relevent or not....your confrontational rhetoric looks more like emotional hypocricy than a well thought out debate. Try explaining why YOUR'E right....instead of why everyone else is wrong. You dont have to agree with everyone elses opinion....but you do need to be respectful of them

Fair enough?

Spike
04-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Gee I didn't know this was a little girl's debating class, do you have to raise your hand to ask a question or do you get points take away for that?

here I thought it was a football forum

LLT
04-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Gee I didn't know this was a little girl's debating class, do you have to raise your hand to ask a question or do you get points take away for that?

here I thought it was a football forum

What it is....is a forum in which people are expected to be adults and not children. Calling people "losers" and being confrontational is a sure way to make yourself look uninformed.

You think you can talk football with the Adults?...do so. Show your knowledge without name calling or flame baiting. We all welcome a good mature debate.

Spike
04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Like I give a shit what anybody thinks.

Dry dull and boring is no way to through life on a football forum.

LLT
04-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Like I give a shit what anybody thinks.

Dry dull and boring is no way to through life on a football forum.

Rude, name calling and condescending is the perfect way to be banned from a football forum. So "giving a shit" is probably the way to go.

The draft is coming up...and there is plenty to talk about without being rude...so lets not miss it...ok?

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Rude, name calling and condescending is the perfect way to be banned from a football forum. So "giving a shit" is probably the way to go.

The draft is coming up...and there is plenty to talk about without being rude...so lets not miss it...ok?

this ....

But I will get along just fine if he does miss it , huge difference in being passionate in your beliefs and being a total douche

LLT
04-08-2013, 10:06 AM
this ....

But I will get along just fine if he does miss it , huge difference in being passionate in your beliefs and being a total douche

To be fair... Lets not resort to name calling...from either side.

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
To be fair... Lets not resort to name calling...from either side.

not calling names , calling out actions / attitudes ...

just to clarify .... but I get it

BnG_Hevn
04-08-2013, 11:19 AM
what does the Jan 27 2011 incident have to do with McClains demeanor looks like he was the victim to me ....

window tint ? really , your going to bring up window tint ??? that is less than Jaywalking for gods sakes , Hell I got a ticket for window tint back in the late 80s ( and was a Guard at the Jail on my way to work when I got it ) oh my maybe they should have locked me up instead of have me babysit the inmates ....

I can almost guarantee you MOST of the people here have done something as bad or nearly as bad as McClain when they where in their late teens to early 20s ( even if it was driving drunk just once cause that can kill multiple people in 1 occurrence and is also against the law )

Yep he discharged a gun in the city limits , never a good idea but far from Murder ...

You need to read a bit close. The window tinting is not the issue, the issue is that he lied to the police. What type of character does he have if he lies to the police? Or did he simply forget his real name?

steeldevil
04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I remember drooling over him when he was at Alabama.

He seems to be a pretty stupid guy.

I hope the Steelers at least look at him and consider it, but only if its a 1 or 2 year deal (which of course it would be) AND 1 mil a season or less. If he can agree to that its worth the risk I would say.

Like Dwins has been saying, big difference between 4-3 and 3-4 backers. And he played 3-4 ILB at bama.

NJarhead
04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I'd like to hear Silver & Black's take.
Another Raider fan I know wouldn't piss on Rolando McClain if he was on fire.

silver & black
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I'd like to hear Silver & Black's take.
Another Raider fan I know wouldn't piss on Rolando McClain if he was on fire.

This Raiders fan wouldn't piss on him either. I'm happy as hell to see him gone. He was everything that the fans said he was.... lazy, unproductive, took plays off, slow ,couldn't cover for shit, was not in any way a leader on or off the field, etc...

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if you guys take a chance on him, good luck. He might very well do good with the Steelers, I just don't know. He was out of position in Oakland. Everyone knows he was/is an ILB. Al Davis always tried to stuff round pegs in square holes, which was rarely successful.

I'm just happy that things are changing in Oakland. No more crazy salaries or scholarship players. It's going to take some time to clean up the mess that Al made, but I have faith it will happen.

st33lersguy
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
This Raiders fan wouldn't piss on him either. I'm happy as hell to see him gone. He was everything that the fans said he was.... lazy, unproductive, took plays off, slow ,couldn't cover for shit, was not in any way a leader on or off the field, etc...

That settles it, I don't want the Stillers going after him

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
if you guys take a chance on him, good luck. He might very well do good with the Steelers, I just don't know. He was out of position in Oakland. Everyone knows he was/is an ILB. Al Davis always tried to stuff round pegs in square holes, which was rarely successful.

Seven
04-08-2013, 11:42 PM
I liked him a ton at Alabama, and do think he would be better in a 34 than he was in Oakland, but I'd still probably pass.

Mojouw
04-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Looks like the Ravens are going to do just that:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/259476/report-ravens-near-deal-with-rolando-mcclain

BlastFurnace
04-10-2013, 09:23 AM
He wouldn't have started here anyway over Timmons and Foote.

HollywoodSteel
04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm all for giving him a chance if the price is right but, setting aside whether or not he'd go for it, what kind of deal would you want for him? A one year deal at vet min. or a multi year deal? If it's only a one year, are you looking at him to be a backup with some situational snaps or are you looking for him to start next to Timmons? Would you trust him to wear the little green dot and call the def plays year one in our system? Would you hope for him to be Foote's replacement long term? I'll defer to you guys when it comes to his brains, but from what I've read he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. If we still had Farrior (in his prime) but didn't have Timmons I might get more excited at this kid's upside. But really what we need is a long term field general in the middle who can turn into the mentor-vet that Farrior was. I was really hoping that's what Spence could become, even if he lacked some of the physical upside. He was certainly smart enough, but alas, who knows what his future is.

Again, not saying it's a mistake to take a chance at the right price, just wondering what you're hoping to get.

HollywoodSteel
04-10-2013, 06:34 PM
He's a Raven now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rolando-mcclain-agrees-terms-baltimore-ravens-224408791--nfl.html

Count Steeler
04-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Wonder what his contract looks like. Steelers should have showed interest just to bump up the price on the Ravens.

Dwinsgames
04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Wonder what his contract looks like. Steelers should have showed interest just to bump up the price on the Ravens.

reports 1 year 700k

HollywoodSteel
04-10-2013, 06:41 PM

Reports are that it's a one year deal but it doesn't say for how much.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that certainly seems like a bargain.

- - - Updated - - -

... if the 700k is correct.

st33lersguy
04-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Good, the last thing the Steelers need is this basket case

Dwinsgames
04-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Reports are that it's a one year deal but it doesn't say for how much.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that certainly seems like a bargain.

- - - Updated - - -

... if the 700k is correct.

McClain Contract (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158995/article/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-agree-on-contract)

Count Steeler
04-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I'll go out on a limb and predict he is going to have a pretty good season. I think going to a winning organization is going to wake him up.

Mistah Q
04-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodged bullet
http://whnt.com/2013/04/21/rolando-mcclain-arrested-again-in-decatur/

Moose
04-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Picked up by Ravens and already arrested for disorderly conduct ! What a start .LOL

Spike
04-22-2013, 06:44 AM
"We gotta get this guy!"

http://localtvwhnt.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/mcclain.jpeg?w=302

ha ha

Just like I perdicted - - loser

Dwinsgames
04-22-2013, 06:52 AM
intervention was to little to late .... he needed a hand holder , someone to show him the way and did not get one soon enough ...

it has been clear for awhile he would need help learning to be a man in his personal life ( sure most people do not need assistance ) but when you make an investment you should always nurture it becaue it is in your best interest to do so ...

the Ravens did not do that , and McClain proved once and for all he requires it , perhaps his last chance is now in the process of passing him by ...

sad such a talent goes to waist but at some point enough becomes to much this may be the to much , he just does not get it ...

not that this was that big of a deal but he clearly does not recognize how thin the ice can be in todays NFL

I am a fan of what he could be on the football field , I am not a fan of pure and complete stupidity the last straw has been piled on and my scales of forgiveness have tipped ...

he is just to stupid to understand what a last chance is

Spike
04-22-2013, 07:52 AM
I'll go out on a limb and predict he is going to have a pretty good season. I think going to a winning organization is going to wake him up.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/rolando-mcclain-arrested.jpg

Texasteel
04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I am never pleased to see a young man fail, even if I am expecting it. Don't know if this is the last nail, but he does have a mountain in front of him, and he hasn't shown any intrest in putting forth any effort.

steelreserve
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
He sure looks good in the black and gold ... er, I mean, the orange jumpsuit.

http://localtvwhnt.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/mcclain.jpeg?w=302

Also, I think espn.com ought to change the picture for his player profile to that mugshot.

st33lersguy
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Anyone still wish we got this bum? He certainly seems like a perfect replacement for Lewis off-the-field, lol

HollywoodSteel
04-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Anyone still wish we got this bum? He certainly seems like a perfect replacement for Lewis off-the-field, lol

After Lewis got his second chance, you couldn't ask for a better guy to have on your team, both on and off the field. If there were even a 5% of McClain becoming what Lewis was, the Ravens would be fools to let him go. Sadly for him, I'm pretty sure his chances are 0%.

silver & black
04-22-2013, 01:16 PM
:grin:

Count Steeler
04-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't think this story is over just yet.

Spike
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
I don't think this story is over just yet.

You could be right - Rats aren't dumping him, so knowing our luck he'll come in and play well, sack Ben a couple times, break his legs and humiliate our OL.

oh joy

Dwinsgames
04-24-2013, 10:36 AM
seems like all his problem are in the same town ...

maybe he should just avoid the place , no record of him having problems anywhere else on the planet .

makes me wonder is it him or did he kick the chief of polices sons ass back in high school or something and they are holding a grudge that should have long ago been let go of , every arrest he has had , every brush with the law if I am not mistaken has been in that same County , interesting in the very least

Count Steeler
04-24-2013, 04:27 PM
seems like all his problem are in the same town ...

maybe he should just avoid the place , no record of him having problems anywhere else on the planet .

makes me wonder is it him or did he kick the chief of polices sons ass back in high school or something and they are holding a grudge that should have long ago been let go of , every arrest he has had , every brush with the law if I am not mistaken has been in that same County , interesting in the very least

Probably kissed the Sherrif's daughter. (Or worse)

Dwinsgames
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Probably kissed the Sherrif's daughter. (Or worse)

or was a no show prom date