PDA

View Full Version : Ben on Wallace: "We’re going to miss him, and the Dolphins are lucky to have him.”

Spike
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Big Ben With Big Praise For Mike Wallace

“Love Mike, was sad to see him go,” Roethlisberger said. ”He’s a great teammate, obviously a great player, but I thought he was even better off the field. Just a great guy, great teammate. Miami is very lucky to have him because he’s a great player.”

"He’s focused on running out-routes, and curl-routes, and in-routes and doing all the little things that’s required to become a great wide receiver. That’s why he, to me, is one of the best in the league, because he not only has that speed – he can run by anybody – but he can run routes and he can get open. That’s why we’re going to miss him, and the Dolphins are lucky to have him”

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/big-ben-with-big-praise-for-mike-wallace

-------------------------

'How do you feel about your present receivers, Ben"

Ben - 'Who do we have again?'

blackngldblood
04-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah, but if he ain't gettin the ball he isn't staying focused. Thats not a great teammate at all. I'm not gonna bash the guy, cause I personally liked him. I'm also over him and not gonna miss him at all. Good luck in Miami. Try to learn those curl routes in your fifth year in the league. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

polamalubeast
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
'How do you feel about your present receivers, Ben"

Ben - 'Who do we have again?'

c'mon Ben

blackngldblood
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
c'mon Ben

Listened to the whole interview. He never said that. Why would you put that Spike?

Spike
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
poetic license

ALLD
04-05-2013, 04:23 PM
If Wallace keeps dropping the ball and killing drives he will get boo'ed out of Miami faster than you can throw garbage in Tommy Gun's front yard.

cold-hard-steel
04-05-2013, 06:45 PM
You are always gonna miss a guy who puts forth 110% on every play and training camp , and puts all the extra effort into helping his team .............. hope the door didn't hit him in the ass when he left .

steeldawg
04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Im gonna miss mike hes a great weapon and leaves a big void in our receiving corp.

Spike
04-05-2013, 06:54 PM
At least Ben's legs aren't broken.

Mistah Q
04-05-2013, 08:50 PM
This is the trouble with the offseason... non-stories like this get way too much attention. What was Ben supposed to say, "glad that fucker's gone"?

steeldawg
04-05-2013, 08:54 PM
This is the trouble with the offseason... non-stories like this get way too much attention. What was Ben supposed to say, "glad that fucker's gone"?

If the guy was a bad teammate ben could of easily said something like, im excited about the futrure and the guys we have, or we have guys that will step up and fill his shoes. If i was ben i would miss him too.

steel striker
04-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Just about every qb in the NFL would like to have a WR with Wallace's speed.

GBMelBlount
04-05-2013, 09:53 PM
poetic license

It even rhymed and was pretty well timed.

Spike
04-05-2013, 10:23 PM
It even rhymed and was pretty well timed.

*all my posts are for entertainment purposes only

Psycho Ward 86
04-06-2013, 11:00 AM
i like that ben always takes a "no hard feelings" approach when people leave the team, but i also wish he'd throw in something about how confident he is in brown and sanders and everybody moving forward. kind of like how rodgers said that about the rest of his receiving corp after jennings left. wouldnt surprise me if the media left something like that out for headline purposes...

Spike
04-06-2013, 11:25 AM
It's a Dolphins article

Ben gushing like a love struck cheerleader over Wallace is just his way of asking our F.O. for a WR in the 1st rd.

you know it

Count Steeler
04-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Ben is not exactly well versed in public relations.

Shoes
04-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Ben is not exactly well versed in public relations.

:chuckle:

86WARD
04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Why would you be confident in Sanders?

Psycho Ward 86
04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Why would you be confident in Sanders?

no one should be. sanders as a starter LOL. i just dont want him to be butthurt over this :lol:

Devilsdancefloor
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
what is ben suppose to say? blahblah blah is it september yet?

Spike
04-06-2013, 08:05 PM
what is ben suppose to say? blahblah blah is it september yet?

why did he say anything?

HE called in to talk about Wallace to the Dolphins media

again, BEN called in to profess his love for Wallace

Ben Roethlisberger Discusses Mike Wallace

Ben Roethlisberger, Pro Bowl quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, joins The Finsiders for an exclusive interview to give his unique perspective on how his former teammate, Mike Wallace, will help Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins offense. Don't miss Roethlisberger's explanations on why Wallace is far more than a one-trick pony.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/audio/Ben-Roethlisberger-Discusses-Mike-Wallace/1467e45c-ce8c-4527-ad05-578d063e3878

cold-hard-steel
04-06-2013, 09:25 PM
You are always gonna miss a guy who puts forth 110% on every play and training camp , and puts all the extra effort into helping his team .............. hope the door didn't hit him in the ass when he left .

Chuck would have told him to hit the pike , maybe Tomlin did too . Who the hell really knows what went down ? Yeah for sure he was a speedster that could make teams plan on his speed . I think there is a lot more to it than that . He went for , and got the money , so lets watch the highlights he puts up on espn . He had the chance to be a Steeler and had a chance to be a team player , but it was all about the money and work ethic . Money wins out again . The work ethic was not there , sorry .

fansince'76
04-06-2013, 09:37 PM
why did he say anything?

HE called in to talk about Wallace to the Dolphins media

again, BEN called in to profess his love for Wallace

Ben Roethlisberger Discusses Mike Wallace

Ben Roethlisberger, Pro Bowl quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, joins The Finsiders for an exclusive interview to give his unique perspective on how his former teammate, Mike Wallace, will help Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins offense. Don't miss Roethlisberger's explanations on why Wallace is far more than a one-trick pony.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/audio/Ben-Roethlisberger-Discusses-Mike-Wallace/1467e45c-ce8c-4527-ad05-578d063e3878

I have a feeling they contacted Ben, as it doesn't make much sense the other way around. Which scenario is more plausible: Ben going out of his way to reach out to the local media of a city he doesn't even play in, during the offseason, no less, to fawn over a former teammate lost to free agency, or the local media of a team that just shot a HUGE load on a WR reaching out to said WR's former QB to fish for compliments to reassure the team's fans that said team's FO, which hasn't exactly been known for making the most brilliant personnel moves for the last couple of decades or thereabouts, didn't just royally fuck up again?

cold-hard-steel
04-06-2013, 09:54 PM
I know right , he's gone and will be watched upon to see the highlight reels . Maybe good , or maybe bad move by us . Something sticks in my crawl , that it was the right thing to to do . We will find out in time .

fansince'76
04-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I know right , he's gone and will be watched upon to see the highlight reels .

Or watch him get psyched out and completely disappear for entire games when some safety gives him a good pop early. Either way, it's time for people to quit crying over spilled milk.

Spike
04-07-2013, 06:33 AM
I have a feeling they contacted Ben, as it doesn't make much sense the other way around.

Unless Ben is pissed and rubbing it in the face of the Steelers that they let his #1 WR go.

Bluecoat96
04-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Unless Ben is pissed and rubbing it in the face of the Steelers that they let his #1 WR go.

I imagine that something was set up through Ben's agent or something to that effect, and Ben was supposed to call in to the Finsiders at a time when it was convenient for him. I REALLY doubt he was the one that initiated the call of his own accord. I think that's a ridiculous notion. It's the offseason, and much like last year with the Rosetta Stone comment, then media will try to stir this into something it's not.

86WARD
04-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Mountain. Mole Hill. Who cares.

Lets say Ben put his life on hold to hold a press conference in Miami about Mike Wallace...he's friends with the guy...really, what do you expect him to do? Bash him like the fans do because he held out and then signed with Miami? Lol...

Really...it has no bearing on anything...

Maybe he wants to go to Miami too...lets just throw that theory out there...huh?

GBMelBlount
04-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Spike

Ben gushing like a love struck cheerleader over Wallace is just his way of asking our F.O. for a WR in the 1st rd.

Personally I don't have a problem picking up a receiver early IFF it makes sense.

We have one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Our offense has been anemic forever.

We have spent 50% of our first two rounds on the offensive line the last 3 or 4 years.

There are not many good tight ends in the draft.

So if we have a great / bpa WR prospect drop to us in the first or 2nd round that fits our current scheme why not?

Spike
04-07-2013, 07:21 AM
It's obvious why Ben is pissed, The Steelers don't want Ben to have any good receivers so he'll stop playing sandlot football on every pass, probably why they brought in Mr Dink&Dunk too.

and yet they refuse to get him a legitimate LT so his ribs will continue to get crushed

Run Ben Run