PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mach 5 revamped and ready to roll ?

cold-hard-steel
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I know i will get some remarkable feed-back on this one , but i feel the Mach-5 is ready for the big race .It's been revamped , went the once over in the garage , and is ready to get back on the track . Anyone who does not understand "play it fansince " .

Psycho Ward 86
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
depends. is marcus gilbert going to fucking domino into everybody else and take them out of commission or not?

Craic
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Mach 5 is a fictional car.
A great Steelers O'line is a fictional group of guys.

Please stop trying to equate the two.

Psycho Ward 86
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM

:lol:

Devilsdancefloor
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM

you , sir win the internet for today

cold-hard-steel
04-04-2013, 02:08 PM

That's what i'm lookin for . There are 5 o-lineman , that i assure you are not fictional , as you imply . Just going back a few years to the crew that took us to the superbowl,and won i might add . Remember " the odds were against them " ? I won't let the dream die . Yeah , i forgot that they won despite of them not because of them . Get outta town man , and get real .

43Hitman
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
ahh shit not this again. lol

cold-hard-steel
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
ahh shit not this again. lol

It's all in good humor my friend . Just off season , predraft boredom settin in .Thought Fansince would have posted by now . Guess i need to change lures !

GBMelBlount
04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
depends. is marcus gilbert going to fucking domino into everybody else and take them out of commission or not?

LOL!

They remind me more of the Banana Splits than anything.

http://youtu.be/FtD4mn9CeH4

cold-hard-steel
04-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Hey man you gots to stand behind your line right ? Am i right ? Tell me who else is in front of you . The front line ? So i mached em , oh well.

GBMelBlount
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey man you gots to stand behind your line right ? Am i right ? Tell me who else is in front of you . The front line ? So i mached em , oh well.

Just playin CHS.

We really need our line to come together this year if we expect to have a chance.

Pristas
04-05-2013, 07:01 AM
LOL!

They remind me more of the Banana Splits than anything.

http://youtu.be/FtD4mn9CeH4

i'm crying! LOL!

fansince'76
04-05-2013, 10:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auszi9bUr3o

:chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
04-05-2013, 11:46 AM
That's what i'm talkin about "FS". I'm rollin now !!!!!!! "POPS" would be proud of ya !!!!!!!

GBMelBlount
04-05-2013, 12:00 PM
LOL! This and kimba the white lion were my two favorite shows back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auszi9bUr3o

:chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
LOL! This and kimba the white lion were my two favorite shows back in the day.

LOL !!!!!!! Imagine if i tried to name Troy "Ultra man " . Come on "FS" lets see some beta capsul episodes .

Craic
04-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Alright, if you want to talk line, and be serious about it for a moment, here's my thoughts.

Center - we're probably more solid at center than we've been in the last 20 years. Pouncey is easily in the mold of our great Steeler centers. What I really like, is that even though Leg. has shown he can't play any other position except in an emergency (he's a good 3rd stringer), he's absolutely solid at center. If we lose Pouncey for a couple weeks, we won't see any lapses in pass blocking. What we will see, is a failure to really open up holes in the second level, but that's not too bad for second string.

Guards - Foster showed that he can play the game last year. I'm glad we have him, and really hope he can continue to do on the left side what he's done on the right. DeCastro . . . has tremendous potential. I know some were frustrated with him last season, but I think that was very unfair. He came in after only having one preseason game under his belt, and played in the latter half the season when teams were really ramping up their game. For all that, he did okay. Not well, but okay. I do however, think that with a full camp and last years experience, he's going to be a force. At least I have high hopes for him.

Tackles - Mike Adams: who knew that a man that played so horrid on the left side, would be so solid of a run blocker on the right side? He got beat a few times in pass blocking, but when he did, he was being beat by some of bigger names in the sport. That's not something a rookie should be hanging his head about in all reality. Look for him to take another big step this year, provided he has put the time and effort into learning the game and hitting the weights. The real question is on the other side. Do we move Beachum over there? Gilbert isn't even listed on the depth chart right now, so who knows what he's doing. I also haven't heard anything about Starks, so maybe we can get him back for another year.

TE - this gets tricky because of Miller's injury. He's one of the few that can both block and catch at a high level, which is why I'm including him in this list. I just don't know what we're going to do.

So conclusion: we have to nail down that LT spot and when we do, I think we may have a young O line with a very high ceiling. If they can come together, having that group sticking it out for the next decade or so just might give us a lot of extended time with Ben. The thing is, they need to show that they can do it as a team, and show that they can stay healthy as a line.

cold-hard-steel
04-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I do mean everything in a fun sort of way , but on the other hand there is some shread of seriousness to my approach . Our mach v , or excuse me , front five are poised to carry this team for years to come . It's not all the players that you collect , sometimes it's the way you use them according to thier skills . I agree , and respect your opinion , but i love the potential of this o-line . [there i did not say it ] . That was a spin-off from latter years .

Craic
04-07-2013, 12:07 AM
I do mean everything in a fun sort of way , but on the other hand there is some shread of seriousness to my approach . Our mach v , or excuse me , front five are poised to carry this team for years to come . It's not all the players that you collect , sometimes it's the way you use them according to thier skills . I agree , and respect your opinion , but i love the potential of this o-line . [there i did not say it ] . That was a spin-off from latter years .

You'd get no argument from me on most of that. I'm not sure we're yet posed to carry the team at the line. Adams is going into his sophomore season, We haven't really seen Foster at LG and don't know if he can play it as well as RG, and DeCastro has quite a bit of catch-up to do overall, not to mention having no idea about LT yet. But I do have a whole lot more hope heading into this year than I have in years.

steelerrob
04-07-2013, 02:19 AM
I just hope our conditioning coach gets these guys sorted out this year....if injuries are as bad as they have been we stand no chance.

43Hitman
04-07-2013, 01:13 PM
I just hope our conditioning coach gets these guys sorted out this year....if injuries are as bad as they have been we stand no chance.

Yeah I agree, I really think this year will be different though. I mean we can only be on the wrong side of the coin for so long before it goes our way right?

GBMelBlount
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
I am hoping Bicknell will make a difference too.

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 07:55 PM
most overused word in football: "solid"

salamander
04-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Bottom line is that we NEED the o-line to stay healthy for once.

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Bottom line is that we NEED the o-line to stay healthy for once.

so basically youre asking marcus gilbert to not play dominoes with the rest of the players. miracles happen once in a while i guess :p

salamander
04-11-2013, 08:34 PM
so basically youre asking marcus gilbert to not play dominoes with the rest of the players. miracles happen once in a while i guess :p

I'm trying to be optimistic. :chuckle:

Seven
04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Alright, if you want to talk line, and be serious about it for a moment, here's my thoughts.

Center - we're probably more solid at center than we've been in the last 20 years. Pouncey is easily in the mold of our great Steeler centers. What I really like, is that even though Leg. has shown he can't play any other position except in an emergency (he's a good 3rd stringer), he's absolutely solid at center. If we lose Pouncey for a couple weeks, we won't see any lapses in pass blocking. What we will see, is a failure to really open up holes in the second level, but that's not too bad for second string.

Guards - Foster showed that he can play the game last year. I'm glad we have him, and really hope he can continue to do on the left side what he's done on the right. DeCastro . . . has tremendous potential. I know some were frustrated with him last season, but I think that was very unfair. He came in after only having one preseason game under his belt, and played in the latter half the season when teams were really ramping up their game. For all that, he did okay. Not well, but okay. I do however, think that with a full camp and last years experience, he's going to be a force. At least I have high hopes for him.

Tackles - Mike Adams: who knew that a man that played so horrid on the left side, would be so solid of a run blocker on the right side? He got beat a few times in pass blocking, but when he did, he was being beat by some of bigger names in the sport. That's not something a rookie should be hanging his head about in all reality. Look for him to take another big step this year, provided he has put the time and effort into learning the game and hitting the weights. The real question is on the other side. Do we move Beachum over there? Gilbert isn't even listed on the depth chart right now, so who knows what he's doing. I also haven't heard anything about Starks, so maybe we can get him back for another year.

TE - this gets tricky because of Miller's injury. He's one of the few that can both block and catch at a high level, which is why I'm including him in this list. I just don't know what we're going to do.

So conclusion: we have to nail down that LT spot and when we do, I think we may have a young O line with a very high ceiling. If they can come together, having that group sticking it out for the next decade or so just might give us a lot of extended time with Ben. The thing is, they need to show that they can do it as a team, and show that they can stay healthy as a line.

I agree with everything you said except for regarding Mike Adams. He got destroyed by mediocre pass rushers snap after snap. Hopefully he improves in that area in his second season, because his run blocking was probably above average. But it's not worth sacrificing your quarterback for good run blocking if he can't develop in pass protection.

Galax Steeler
04-16-2013, 03:44 AM
I agree with everything you said except for regarding Mike Adams. He got destroyed by mediocre pass rushers snap after snap. Hopefully he improves in that area in his second season, because his run blocking was probably above average. But it's not worth sacrificing your quarterback for good run blocking if he can't develop in pass protection.

I think Adams will play good this year he had some injuries that cost him alot of playing time last year. If he can remain healthy this year I think he will be a good player for us.