PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Tomlin not happy about Mendenhall fumbles

polamalubeast
08-02-2010, 04:18 PM
LATROBE -- It’s very early in camp, probably too early to get alarmed. But Rashard Mendenhall is two-for-two.

In each of the afternoon practices on Saturday and Sunday, the Steelers’ running back has lost a fumble.

Before breaking his shoulder in the fourth game of his rookie season, Mendenhall had a problem holding on the football.

Ball security wasn’t a problem for him last year when he took over as the starter when a toe injury hampered since-departed Willie Parker.

Obviously, the Steelers hope Mendenhall doesn’t recurring fumbling problems this year.

“I never have an extremely high tolerance for lack of ball security,” coach Mike Tomlin said.

After Mendenhall’s fumble Sunday, Tomlin yelled, “Thirty-four, get over here.”

With that, Mendenhall, who wears jersey No. 34, ran over to Tomlin who no doubt stated his opinion about holding on to the football.

Read more...

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1373/2010/august/02/steelers-notebook-tomlin-not-happy-about-mendenhall-fumbles.html

steeldevil
08-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Too early to get worried. I won't get too worried until it happens later in camp and in preseason games.

The Duke
08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Make him carry the ball everywhere again!

it's early, the kid will learn. As long as he doesn't fumble like he did against the vikings (that was hilarious looking back :chuckle:) he'll be fine

86WARD
08-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not happy about it either...lol.

Shea
08-03-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm not happy about it either...lol.

Me either.

Nothing worse than fumbling the ball.

Turnovers - they determine who wins and who looses in most cases.

Mendy (or Delicious as Tomlin calls him - which still seems funky to me :sofunny:) has to find a way to fix this, or it could literally cost us a game or two and a spot in the playoffs.

steelerdude15
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Fix it now while in camp.

Galax Steeler
08-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Hopefully he will get that out of his system before the season starts he should be fine.