PDA

View Full Version : From Steeler to Ironman: Hines Ward trains for triathlon

steelerdude15
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
From Steeler to Ironman: Hines Ward trains for triathlon

He's reached the most rarified air of NFL glory, met with heads of state, danced with stars, cooked with celebrities and been among The Walking Dead, now former Steeler Hines Ward will swim, bike and run with the Ironmen.

Ward is training for the 2013 Ironman World Championship Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii, in October, under the tutelage of eight-time champion Paula Newby-Fraser.

Ward said despite years of football training, he'd never run one mile continuously. Not anymore as he prepares for the grueling race that includes a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile cycling race and a full 26.2-mile marathon.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/from-steeler-to-ironman-hines-ward-trains-for-triathlon-681808/#ixzz2PSgGNOLo

You've gotta give Hines props for what he's done since retiring. He's done so many things and continues to do more and more. Hines is one awesome guy. I'm glad we got to watch him play for so many years and I'm glad we can call him the greatest receiver in Steelers history.

Seven
04-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Nice read, thanks Steelerdude!

EDIT: (Thanks Dwins lol)

cold-hard-steel
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Hines is the shit man ! Probably still got that smile on his face ,maybe he still has some athletic ability to prove to himself . And the world will be watching . You go Hines . I'm proud you represented us during your time here ! You did it well and are looked highly upon . Wish i could have retired in my 30's .

st33lersguy
04-05-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm sure he will do well, he does well in everything he tries

SteelerEmpire
04-08-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm gonna try chocolate milk (Hines's new plug) as a recovery drink next time I have an intense work out, hopefully I'll wake up refreshed and not sleep deprived in any way.