PDA

View Full Version : Steelers host three prospects for upcoming NFL Draft

steelerdude15
04-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Steelers host three prospects for upcoming NFL Draft

Inside linebacker Vince Williams of Florida State, defensive end-linebacker John Simon of Ohio State and running back Christine Michael of Texas A&M visited Monday with the Steelers, the first players brought in for in-house interviews.

NFL teams are permitted to bring in as many 30 players for interviews in advance of the April 25-27 draft.

Simon and Michael are projected as early to mid-round picks, while Williams — who visited last week with the Chiefs – is seen as a later-round pick.

Simon is coming off shoulder surgery that didn't allow him to take part in any of the drills at the recent NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, so he had his own pro day last week in Columbus.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3761722-74/michael-nfl-simon#ixzz2PF5WOPAw

Hey mods, if you feel that this should be in Draft Central, feel free to move it.

Shoes
04-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Christine Michael looks like a faster Ray Rice.

Texasteel
04-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Christine Michael looks like a faster Ray Rice.

has a bit of an attitude problem, and is not known as a coachable player, from what I hear. Hes going to have to have some good answers during the interview.

Bluecoat96
04-01-2013, 08:14 PM
has a bit of an attitude problem, and is not known as a coachable player, from what I hear. Hes going to have to have some good answers during the interview.

In his defense, I'd be pissy too if my name was "Christine". :pointlaugh:

Dwinsgames
04-01-2013, 08:31 PM

could be worse ... Like Sue

BnG_Hevn
04-02-2013, 10:57 AM
could be worse ... Like Sue

Until you meet up with your father in a bar, have a street fight with him and understand why your name IS Sue.

Dwinsgames
04-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Until you meet up with your father in a bar, have a street fight with him and understand why your name IS Sue.

how do you do ......

Shoes
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
If Jones is available at 17, do we take him and is he worth the risk?

Dwinsgames
04-02-2013, 02:14 PM
If Jones is available at 17, do we take him and is he worth the risk?

IMO it all comes down to the medical ... he is well worth the 17 pick in the draft if he is a player they deem is healthy enough to play 10 years in the league , if they do not feel that way then they need to pass on him all together ... that being said again it will come down to the medical ...

Craic
04-02-2013, 03:00 PM
My thought's exactly.

Texasteel
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Like I've said before, he will probably spend most of the day with the medical staff, and in interviews. They know by now what kind of player he is. I have had a feeling about Jones for a long time now, I had the same feeling about one other player last year, we will find out in just a very few days if that feeling is right or not. Either way, the Steelers will have to be comfortable with the pick.

Jones looks to be a perfect pick for us and the other teams know this, if he slids past the Steelers I can see him sliding a lot further.

Texasteel
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
My thought's exactly.

I am more worried about the, difficult to coach tag. I think the Steelers will give Michael every chance to sell himself. Adams did a great job of this last year, we will have to wait and see if Michael can do the same.