PDA

View Full Version : Could we see another "Bradshaw" come to the Steel City ?

cold-hard-steel
03-27-2013, 10:30 AM
I like the idea .

zulater
03-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Me too. If he's healthy he's a huge upgrade to what we had and have.

Dwinsgames
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
works for me if it is at the right price

SteelerFanInStl
03-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I like Bradshaw if he's healthy and cheap. We don't have anyone better than him currently on the roster.

cold-hard-steel
03-27-2013, 11:20 AM
I've seen him destroy defenses on 3rd and 2 . I think ours was one of them .

Mojouw
03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
I really hope this happens. I think Dwyer and Redman are basically the same thing...average running backs with limited upside. The RB class in this year's draft is underwhelming from what I have read. I think a RB grouping of Bradshaw, Dwyer, Redman, and Batch may be the best use of resources. Then add a RB in 2014.

The only problem is Bradshaw will be hurt or questionable almost every week and he has a tendency to not practice due to injury. That may be a concern in joining an new team and a new offense. But when he is healthy....

GBMelBlount
03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I really hope this happens. I think Dwyer and Redman are basically the same thing...average running backs with limited upside. The RB class in this year's draft is underwhelming from what I have read. I think a RB grouping of Bradshaw, Dwyer, Redman, and Batch may be the best use of resources. Then add a RB in 2014.

The only problem is Bradshaw will be hurt or questionable almost every week and he has a tendency to not practice due to injury. That may be a concern in joining an new team and a new offense. But when he is healthy....

This is perhaps WHY we could afford him.

I guess this makes sense from a cap perspective to upgrage / add depth to our stable of backs as opposed to trying to sign a healthy feature back we probably could not afford anyway.

Ugh....

zulater
03-27-2013, 01:39 PM
He played 14 games last season and had a combined 244 catches and rushing attempts for nearly 1300 yards. He's also recognized as a good pass blocker.

Hope they get this deal done.

cold-hard-steel
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
I'd like to see him in Black and Gold . Maybe not the Bettis type of runner , but some great ones have come here to be of service and complete their careers .What do we have to do to put him in "Black and Gold " ? Plus that name Bradshaw back in the city !I like the idea !

Steeldude
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Whichever RB the Steelers decide to get would still need an O-line to run behind. I would rather money be spent elsewhere

Craic
03-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Whichever RB the Steelers decide to get would still need an O-line to run behind. I would rather money be spent elsewhere

We're heading into this year with possibly the best O line on this team since superbowl 40. If you don't invest in RB's, then all you have is a one dimensional passing team. If I remember the last five years correctly, that was one of the main reasons for Arians-hate. So not investing in a RB if you want a team to be a running team (or at least balanced) is about the same as not investing in cars if you want to be a car-collector.

Dwinsgames
03-27-2013, 05:36 PM
We're heading into this year with possibly the best O line on this team since superbowl 40. If you don't invest in RB's, then all you have is a one dimensional passing team. If I remember the last five years correctly, that was one of the main reasons for Arians-hate. So not investing in a RB if you want a team to be a running team (or at least balanced) is about the same as not investing in cars if you want to be a car-collector.

first knee slapper moment of the day for me ... thanks I really needed that , its been a trying day to say the least ...

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate our Judicial system ( esp the family court system ? ) well consider yourself informed

GBMelBlount
03-27-2013, 06:14 PM

There are only so many dumpsters to choose from.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb6nKm1_K8UKx07TMRQjW4HSaKLBEYm 1BMLvUZPKx_cmvuhmsV

zulater
03-27-2013, 06:21 PM

Good post Preacher.

43Hitman
03-27-2013, 06:23 PM
He played 14 games last season and had a combined 244 catches and rushing attempts for nearly 1300 yards. He's also recognized as a good pass blocker.

Hope they get this deal done.
I'm not overly crazy about it, only because of his past health issues. If it does happen I'll support him 110% and pray that he stays healthy, cause I know he can play.

Seven
03-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Absolutely would be a good signing. Every player is going to be a health risk, Bradshaw's health issues are overplayed in my opinion - sign him. Even if he misses a few games a season he only makes your team better.

cold-hard-steel
03-27-2013, 09:43 PM
There are only so many dumpsters to choose from.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb6nKm1_K8UKx07TMRQjW4HSaKLBEYm 1BMLvUZPKx_cmvuhmsV

Oh you mean Earnest Jackson trade him for the six pack ? Buddy ryan was a dick , but we got Jerome later down the line .What other team would you rather go to to polish out your career ?

cold-hard-steel
03-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Another Bradshaw is welcome in my side of town . Like it or not .

cold-hard-steel
03-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Just kick me out of the thread , i'm good with that , but anyone who thinks this would not be a good move can just piss against the wind . Leave me alone and pick your own running back somewhere else . It's never a good idea to piss against the wind . I tried myself and i had a wet leg because of it .

GBMelBlount
03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Oh you mean Earnest Jackson trade him for the six pack ? Buddy ryan was a dick , but we got Jerome later down the line .What other team would you rather go to to polish out your career ?

Actually I just thought the picture of two little cubs tag teaming into a dumpster was cute and sort of indicative of our current off season situation. :couch2:

43Hitman
03-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Actually I just thought the picture of two little cubs tag teaming into a dumpster was cute and sort of indicative of our current off season situation. :couch2:
:lol:

cold-hard-steel
03-28-2013, 06:26 AM
The writing is on the wall , there will be another Black and gold Bradshaw jersey in the city . Mark it down !!!!!!!!!

Steeldude
03-28-2013, 07:04 AM

Get a working, consistent O-line. Best O-line since SB 40 isn't saying much. As of now the Steelers have no LT and the RT is suspect. A rookie guard coming off a knee injury returns and is untested.

An injury prone RB is not the answer. I would rather pick a RB in the later rounds.

st33lersguy
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Knowing the Steelers luck with free agents this year, it won't happen

cold-hard-steel
03-28-2013, 11:11 AM
After letting Allen go , i can't see us not getting this guy in here .You can smell Bradshaw in the air .Hell i smell it all the way over here in Gettysburg,Pa.

blackngldblood
03-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I think this is the first thing I've been excited about in free agency. Really hope they get it done. Maybe the ratbird fan with their team that consists of average Joe, Dumberville, Suggs, and Rice will shut the hell up if we get SOMEBODY in free agency besides guys that went elsewhere and found out how much it sucks not being a Steeler.

Dwinsgames
03-28-2013, 03:12 PM
reported if he passes the physical , the Steelers intend to try and sign him , they stated both sides are willing to deal ..... per nflnetwork ...

not holding my breath but holding out some hope

Steeldude
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Hopefully Bradshaw wants to much money. Why sign a RB with a history of injuries when it isn't a pressing need? The Steelers are better off addressing the RB position in the later rounds. If they do sign him how successful would he be behind the Steelers' O-line?

crcsnail
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
I hope we can get him and he can stay injury free.

Dwinsgames
03-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Hopefully Bradshaw wants to much money. Why sign a RB with a history of injuries when it isn't a pressing need? The Steelers are better off addressing the RB position in the later rounds. If they do sign him how successful would he be behind the Steelers' O-line?

RB is a pressing need ... Dwyer has not proved to be " The Guy " Redman has not proved to be " The Guy " and they have nothing else ... if they sign a guy like Bradshaw who has shown he can be The Guy , they free up a mid round pick to fill other needs and can take a chance on a late round RB instead of a higher pick .... this team has several needs if you eliminate one or more of those before entering the draft it makes the draft puzzle that much easier to find your pieces in

Mojouw
03-28-2013, 05:23 PM
RB is a pressing need ... Dwyer has not proved to be " The Guy " Redman has not proved to be " The Guy " and they have nothing else ... if they sign a guy like Bradshaw who has shown he can be The Guy , they free up a mid round pick to fill other needs and can take a chance on a late round RB instead of a higher pick .... this team has several needs if you eliminate one or more of those before entering the draft it makes the draft puzzle that much easier to find your pieces in

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice to cross RB off the shopping list. Figure that list has to include a WR, a CB, 2 LB's, an OL, a DL, and a 3rd QB...that is the draft class right there.

Steeldude
03-28-2013, 05:24 PM

Has Dwyer been given a chance? The running game's problems have to do with the O-line. There are no holes or consistency.

I'm fine if they pick him up, but with his history of injuries what good will he do standing on the sidelines in street clothes absorbing what little cap room the Steelers have?

st33lersguy
03-28-2013, 05:29 PM

It is a pressing need, we need a feature back, not a running back by committee thing that didn't work. Redman and Dwyer only work in small doses, they do not do well when given extended starting time. It's worth a shot

BlastFurnace
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
I hope we can get him and he can stay injury free.

Just don't let him run to Gilberts side then.

Dwinsgames
03-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Has Dwyer been given a chance? The running game's problems have to do with the O-line. There are no holes or consistency.

I'm fine if they pick him up, but with his history of injuries what good will he do standing on the sidelines in street clothes absorbing what little cap room the Steelers have?

if being named the starter and starting several games last season isn't a chance I just do not know what is .... this is the NFL you have to raise your level of play so you look good regardless of what you have around you or someone else will take your place ... I do not think the line play was that god awful last year . no it was not great but we have had worse ... Dwyer has not solidified his place as the starter , he had the chance to do just that but didn't ... he is just another guy on the roster at this point and the fact that they did not grant him a high round tender shows the team does not look at him as the future either and if they did , Bradshaw would not be in town right now either ....

I too am concerned with Bradshaws ability to stay healthy , but there is no denying his talent to play the game when he is healthy ... I would have no problem with him missing a game or two and Dwyer stepping in with Redman they are capable of that sort of thing but not an every week starter its just not in them from what I have seen ( and I was a HUGE Dwyer supporter to get more reps , he just did not prove deserving of keeping that job IMO ) he showed flashes of greatness but they where to few and to far between IMO

SteelerFanInStl
03-28-2013, 06:26 PM

Yes, 100%. We don't currently have a starting caliber RB on this team. Dwyer and Redman are both backups.

We've got too many holes to fill on this team to use a high draft pick on a RB. Signing a guy like Bradshaw, provided that he's healthy, would be a smart move.

Shoes
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
I hope we can pick him up...it's an improvement over mendy.

steeldawg
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
I like bradshaw alot, if he can stay healthy hes a beast. If we dont have alot of money to spend and hes cheap, I think he is worth a shot. We cant rely on dwyer and redman for a running game and are we gonna trust a rookie to come in and tote the rock? I say take a flyer on him draft a later round rb and let him learn the ropes.

stillers4me
03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet5m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/RapSheet/status/317426811686506496)
Ahmad Bradshaw left #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash) with no deal. This was a visit to check him out physically. They remain very interested & will keep in touch.

Dwinsgames
03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
UPDATE: NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317426811686506496) that Bradshaw left his visit with theSteelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) without a contract, though the team remains very interested. The Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) will touch base with Bradshaw in a little bit when the running back is healthier, a source informed of the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT)thinking told Rapoport..

BlastFurnace
03-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet5m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/RapSheet/status/317426811686506496)
Ahmad Bradshaw left #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash) with no deal. This was a visit to check him out physically. They remain very interested & will keep in touch.

Oh well...so much for that.

Bluecoat96
03-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh well...so much for that.

This is encouraging to see though....not the walking boot so much, but seeing Bradshaw posing with AB.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGeKVRmCQAEWUwO.jpg:large

st33lersguy
03-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Typical Steelers. Some other team could end up swooping in and signing him to a contract.

SteelerFanInStl
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM
In other words, we're not gonna sign him.

Shoes
03-28-2013, 11:08 PM
I don't think anyone is going to sign him if he's walking around in a boot.

Mistah Q
03-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Does he have suddenness and glide?

Dwinsgames
03-31-2013, 08:38 AM

haha , doubtful in that walking boot .... when he gets it off perhaps , but when will that be ? and will he be the same player ???

a deal on the cheap would come now while he is still not ready to go IMO ( you are assuming the risk he may not play a full season ) once proven healthy I am not so sure you get him on the cheap ....

Texasteel
03-31-2013, 09:06 AM

And how does he look if you take away his long runs. ( Old joke )

tube517
03-31-2013, 05:53 PM

About as good as FWP? :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
04-02-2013, 04:20 PM

I get the joke, but in all seriousness he is more of the workhorse back that the fans, who had that particular criticism, seem to want. His longest run in the only year he played all 16 games (2010) was 48 yards. In the past two years his longest run was 37 yards. So, I doubt we'd see the pattern of -1, -3, -2, 80...