PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison Open To Returning To Steelers

86WARD
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
James Harrison was cut by the Steelers after refusing a pay-cut. Now the Steelers might get Harrison back at a reduced salary.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Harrison's agent, Bill Parise, said he has not closed the door on his client returning to Pitsburgh and would welcome a call from Steelers.

Harrison has not been able to gather much interest on the open market.

The Redzone (http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryID=33921)

fansince'76
03-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I'd love to have him back for another year.

salamander
03-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I'd love to have him back for another year.

As would I. I think he has at least one more good year in him.

Count Steeler
03-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Give him an incentive laden contract and bring him back.

GBMelBlount
03-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Would love to see James go out with a bang.

http://youtu.be/w7NP47UKeRE

Austin87
03-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Would love to have him back, hopefully they work something out. He has to come back cheap.

stillers4me
03-26-2013, 05:40 AM
I hope this happens. He needs to retire as a Steeler.

steeldawg
03-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Im sure he is interested seeing how nobody else has signed him yet.

zulater
03-26-2013, 05:54 AM
This isn't going to happen because the Steelers can't even match the offer Harrison walked away from due to the dead money they'll be carrying on this year's cap in relation to his release. Pretty much the same thing that happened to the Broncos with Dumerville, in essense once the guy walks out the door you're going to get hit with a double cap hit if you resign him. Or another way of saying it is if the Steelers matched the offer Harrison already turned down they would in essense be paying him that amount, and the amount accelerated into this years cap when they released him.

Basically for the Steelers to come out even in the cap hit they felt was appropriate for Harrison this season they'd need to reduce the contract offer he walked away from by the amount previously accredited to this year's cap by his release.

If that makes sense? :doh: Someone else could probably explain it better, I think it was Dwin's who first brought it up in fact. Anyway bottom line is this is very unlikely to happen.

GBMelBlount
03-26-2013, 06:12 AM
This isn't going to happen because the Steelers can't even match the offer Harrison walked away from due to the dead money they'll be carrying on this year's cap in relation to his release. Pretty much the same thing that happened to the Broncos with Dumerville, in essense once the guy walks out the door you're going to get hit with a double cap hit if you resign him. Or another way of saying it is if the Steelers matched the offer Harrison already turned down they would in essense be paying him that amount, and the amount accelerated into this years cap when they released him.

Basically for the Steelers to come out even in the cap hit they felt was appropriate for Harrison this season they'd need to reduce the contract offer he walked away from by the amount previously accredited to this year's cap by his release.

If that makes sense? :doh: Someone else could probably explain it better, I think it was Dwin's who first brought it up in fact. Anyway bottom line is this is very unlikely to happen.

Are you saying that the dead money plus new contract would probably have to be less than what he was going to originally make for the Steelers to even consider it?

zulater
03-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Are you saying that the dead money plus new contract would probably have to be less than what he was going to originally make for the Steelers to even consider it?

I'm guessing it would at worst have to even out from the Steelers perpective, which would mean that Harrison would have to play for considerably less than the money he already walked away from. In other words whatever dead money he currently counts against the 2013 salary cap would have to be subtracted from Harrison's 2013 contract in order for the Steelers to pay James what they deemed was the approriate amount from the perspective of this year's cap.

Again someone else could probably explain this better than me.:lol:

GBMelBlount
03-26-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm guessing it would at worst have to even out from the Steelers perpective

I would think so as well. Simply because if they cut him to save cap money and he got zero interest in the free market and then they signed him back with a bigger total cap hit (including dead money) the Steelers would look foolish.

zulater
03-26-2013, 06:54 AM
I would think so as well. Simply because if they cut him to save cap money and he got zero interest in the free market and then they signed him back with a bigger total cap hit (including dead money) the Steelers would look foolish.

It's not even a matter of looking foolish, it's more about being foolish. They came up with a number that they thought was the right amount to pay Harrison ( relative to the cap) at this point of his career. They're not going to exceed that designated cap number now. Especially when they have all the leverage.

Spike
03-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Swallow your ego and come crawling back to the Steelers for vet minumum, James, you know you want to.

The Bark
03-26-2013, 08:49 AM
This isn't going to happen. It was just reported the Steelers aren't interested. It's unfortunate, but Harrison needs to send his agent packing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-steelers-close-door-harrison-130605857--nfl.html

GBMelBlount
03-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Ouch.

Pristas
03-26-2013, 09:09 AM
It's sad really. He already counts against the cap in dead money, why not pay him vet min and get some mileage out of him. Heck, just insert him on certain obvious passing downs and get him back in there as a special teams killer.

This is a tough one for me. James was one of my favorite players ever. What an awesome career he had in Pittsburgh, and at the pinnacle of it all, he won us a Super Bowl with arguably the greatest Super Bowl play... ever. Thank you James. It was a blast watching you play.

BlastFurnace
03-26-2013, 09:37 AM
It's Wordlis time to shine. Time to move on.

oneforthetoe
03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Anything above Vet minimum just wouldn't be smart. The only way he comes back would be if he doesn't sign and the Steelers take a rash of injuries. Even then, it would have to be at the minimum.

st33lersguy
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
That's a mistake, why wouldn't they want to re-sign him at a cheap enough price?

Dwinsgames
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
That's a mistake, why wouldn't they want to re-sign him at a cheap enough price?

I agree and if it is on the cheap why not .. he instantly becomes the best OLB on the team and at the best price albeit for a limited time frame ...that being said if they in fact said no not at any price for me it points to pick 17 being an OLB or a ton of blind faith in Worilds and Tomlin and Co are putting all their eggs in the Jason Worilds basket ...

I see Worilds as a capable backup with some flash ability , but I have not seen enough of the flash to make me a believer in him as a full time starter , perhaps that will change with more reps and him being 100% healthy ... time will tell

salamander
03-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Well that sucks.

st33lersguy
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM
I see Worilds as a capable backup with some flash ability , but I have not seen enough of the flash to make me a believer in him as a full time starter , perhaps that will change with more reps and him being 100% healthy ... time will tell

I agree

BnG_Hevn
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't agree. If they were to sign another player for that position for "more than the vet min", then they can sign Harrison to that same deal.

Current Harrison + Harrison dead money = New player (if player >= Harrison in ability) + Harrison dead money

Steeldude
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Bill Parise, Harrison's agent, said he has a "couple" of things working with other NFL teams for Harrison, while the Steelers are moving on and apparently wanting to get younger at the position. Over the weekend, the club informed Harrison that he would not be a part of their plans for 2013

How about getting more productive?

So the Steelers go into 2013 without a ROLB. I guess that goes along without having a LT either.

They'll bring back the worthless Foote for $3,000,000, but not a superior LB like Harrison. They also brought brought back an equally worthless CB in McFadden.

Texasteel
03-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I have to admit, this surprises me. I honestly thought James would be coming back after the Ravens signing. You think maybe we just have two parties with their panties in a wad right now?

zulater
03-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Anything above Vet minimum just wouldn't be smart. The only way he comes back would be if he doesn't sign and the Steelers take a rash of injuries. Even then, it would have to be at the minimum.

I doubt Harrison would play for the vet minimum for the Steelers.

steelreserve
03-26-2013, 12:37 PM
I have to admit, this surprises me. I honestly thought James would be coming back after the Ravens signing. You think maybe we just have two parties with their panties in a wad right now?

It surprised me too ... then on the other hand, who knows what else they're trying to do with the remaining $3M or so of cap space they have. The one thing that comes to mind immediately is that maybe they're working on a deal for Sanders. If they'd have to abandon that in order to bring Harrison back for one year, that's a decision I could understand. They'd essentially just be creating two holes in the roster for 2014 instead of one.

The same logic could apply to a couple of other players who we might want to keep for the future, like McLendon or Cortez Allen. Though since that's less urgent, it seems like the smart thing to do with them would be wait until after June 1 when we get Colon's cap space back. Maybe after what happened with Lewis, we'll try to give one of those guys a fair but not extravagant deal BEFORE they start for a full year and attract the attention of every circling shark in the league and jack up the asking price. Yes, yes, risks involved, etc., etc., but this is all just speculation anyway.

oneforthetoe
03-26-2013, 12:40 PM
I doubt Harrison would play for the vet minimum for the Steelers.

I agree .... which is why it won't happen, unless he gets no offers once the season starts.

GodfatherofSoul
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Something has to be up with him. I can't believe even a scrub team desperate for a bruiser at LB wouldn't sign him for a year. And, for the Steelers to shut the door on him like that? Don't know if it's in-house crap or health, but he ended last season pretty strong.

katmandu
03-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm guessing it would at worst have to even out from the Steelers perpective, which would mean that Harrison would have to play for considerably less than the money he already walked away from. In other words whatever dead money he currently counts against the 2013 salary cap would have to be subtracted from Harrison's 2013 contract in order for the Steelers to pay James what they deemed was the approriate amount from the perspective of this year's cap.

Again someone else could probably explain this better than me.:lol:So.....when they cut him and then he returns the Steeler's basically are back at square one and are forced to include the DEAD money from BEFORE he was cut ?? Is that correct ?

I'd like to see the numbers........... Dave! Where are you ???

Dwinsgames
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
So.....when they cut him and then he returns the Steeler's basically are back at square one and are forced to include the DEAD money from BEFORE he was cut ?? Is that correct ?

I'd like to see the numbers........... Dave! Where are you ???

Harrison counts for 4,930,000 against the cap in 2013 in dead money ... vet min for a player of his league tenure would put his hit at around 7 million that would be more money to Harrison ( cap wise ) than what we offered him to begin with ( and way less in Harrison's pockets ) ... we can not afford him even at vet min , when we where forced to release him we saved money vs the cap but resigning him would cost us more than our offers of reduction would have cost us ( because of the dead money that is there now that would not have been had he stayed )

if he would have taken a pay cut and stayed for 6 mill a year his hit would have been 6 million and change , him leaving costs us almost 5 million ..... resigning him would be about 2 mill .. ( more spent in his behalf than our original offer )

steeldawg
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Harrison counts for 4,930,000 against the cap in 2013 in dead money ... vet min for a player of his league tenure would put his hit at around 7 million that would be more money to Harrison ( cap wise ) than what we offered him to begin with ( and way less in Harrison's pockets ) ... we can not afford him even at vet min , when we where forced to release him we saved money vs the cap but resigning him would cost us more than our offers of reduction would have cost us ( because of the dead money that is there now that would not have been had he stayed )

if he would have taken a pay cut and stayed for 6 mill a year his hit would have been 6 million and change , him leaving costs us almost 5 million ..... resigning him would be about 2 mill .. ( more spent in his behalf than our original offer )

intresting, so it looks like harrison is out.

Spike
03-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Steelers don't want OLB Harrison back

#Steelers closed the door on James Harrison over the weekend

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/fc3e2956-eca4-4160-857d-6b79035150c7/?source=twitter

so this is all coming from Ed?

Bouchette could always be wrong

GBMelBlount
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Wow. This off season has sucked.

stillers4me
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
James Harrison‏@jharrison9292 (Harrison‏@jharrison9292) 2h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/jharrison9292/status/316653341016989696)
A quarter or half truth is still a whole lie...... Just sayn!

SteelerFanInStl
03-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Wow. This off season has sucked.

Yea, tell me about it. It's pretty much been one disappointment after another for me.

I'm hoping that the draft will change that.

Shoes
03-26-2013, 08:00 PM
James Harrison‏@jharrison92922h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/jharrison9292/status/316653341016989696)
A quarter or half truth is still a whole lie...... Just sayn!

What does this mean?

zulater
03-26-2013, 08:12 PM

Because of this you or me have more of a chance playing for the Steelers this season than Harrison.

katmandu
03-26-2013, 09:14 PM
James Harrison‏@jharrison92922h (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/jharrison9292/status/316653341016989696)
A quarter or half truth is still a whole lie...... Just sayn!James seems to imply there's more to the story here. ???

Or is it something else he's tossing out hints for ?

Dwinsgames
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Because of this you or me have more of a chance playing for the Steelers this season than Harrison.

pretty much but at my age I could not even imagine going through 1 day of two a days at Latrobe ...you do it ! LOL

zulater
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM
James seems to imply there's more to the story here. ???

Or is it something else he's tossing out hints for ?

What's it matter? He blew it, he turned down the best off he's going to see for the rest of his life when he walked away from the Steelers offer. He can point fingers or blame whoever he wants. Wont change the fact that he really blew it over a matter of pride.

Craic
03-26-2013, 09:29 PM
What's it matter? He blew it, he turned down the best off he's going to see for the rest of his life when he walked away from the Steelers offer. He can point fingers or blame whoever he wants. Wont change the fact that he really blew it over a matter of pride.

Exactly.

I really liked James when he played for us, but it's par for the course (remember him visiting - or not visiting the president).

Texasteel
03-26-2013, 09:33 PM
pretty much but at my age I could not even imagine going through 1 day of two a days at Latrobe ...you do it ! LOL

I'm the old guy here and I went thought 3 days of TC with no problem. I even had to get out of the lawn chair once cause I left the cooler out of reach.

GBMelBlount
03-26-2013, 09:39 PM
What does this mean?

I think Harrison has gone Kung Fu Grasshopper on us....or maybe just Wang Chung.

Seven
03-26-2013, 09:46 PM

I completely agree. But, I'm not going to say Harrison definitely won't be a Steeler again this season. What happens if we get into the season and Cris Carter and or Adrian Robinson get injured, Jason Worilds really can't play ROLB and Woodley is out of shape again? I could still envision a scenario where he ends up back here considering the lack of interest from other teams. But in a perfect world James Harrison is done as a Steeler.

steel9guy
04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, not keeping Harrison will hurt this team.

GodfatherofSoul
04-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, not keeping Harrison will hurt this team.

Especially if he signs with another AFC North squad. My only hope is that the front office saw some kind of "come to Jesus" moment from Worilds and Woodley in the off-season.

Spike
04-08-2013, 06:02 AM
how low can it get - snubbed again

The Browns have "no interest" in free agent OLB James Harrison.

Neither does anyone else. The Browns were one of many teams Harrison said he would "love" to play for upon getting released, but they have no interest in signing one of their long-time tormenters

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

--------------------

It's OK James - just come crawling back for vet minimum - - and bring Max with you

43Hitman
04-08-2013, 06:36 AM
how low can it get - snubbed again

The Browns have "no interest" in free agent OLB James Harrison.

Neither does anyone else. The Browns were one of many teams Harrison said he would "love" to play for upon getting released, but they have no interest in signing one of their long-time tormenters

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

--------------------

It's OK James - just come crawling back for vet minimum - - and bring Max with you

He's not coming back. He had his chance and declined in favor of pride.

Spike
04-08-2013, 06:43 AM
He's not coming back. He had his chance and declined in favor of pride.

it's early yet - wait till August

43Hitman
04-08-2013, 06:46 AM
it's early yet - wait till August

The numbers no longer work. It would cost the Steelers more to bring him back now than they originally offered him.

GBMelBlount
04-08-2013, 06:55 AM
How about a 2 year deal at vet min.

Dwinsgames
04-08-2013, 08:08 AM
How about a 2 year deal at vet min.

still more than the original offer ...

if Harrison would have agreed to the pay cut offered we would not be on the hook for nearly 5 million in dead money to him this year ... since he turned it down if we spent vet min on a player of his tenure in the league he would be on the books for 1 million and change more than our original offer when you count the dead money on the books ....

baring an injury to a starter at OLB Harrisons ship has sailed with this Organization IMO because of the $$

Steeldude
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
A LB needs to step up to be the intimidating force Harrison was on defense. Looking at the roster I don't see it happening.

Spike
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
A LB needs to step up to be the intimidating force Harrison was on defense. Looking at the roster I don't see it happening.

finally, someone with a clue

so we take a crap shot with the LB draft again, or say fuck it, go get a playmaker or two for Ben and score a hella buncha points...defenses are so overrated these days anyhow

5 WIDE! bitches

GBMelBlount
04-08-2013, 11:10 AM
finally, someone with a clue

so we take a crap shot with the LB draft again, or say fuck it, go get a playmaker or two for Ben and score a hella buncha points...defenses are so overrated these days anyhow

5 WIDE! bitches

LOL. I was pretty pumped up about us going 5 wide last year....

I just don't see it.

I am not sure Ben is wired that way anywho.

Steeldude
04-09-2013, 04:54 AM
LOL. I was pretty pumped up about us going 5 wide last year....

I just don't see it.

I am not sure Ben is wired that way anywho.

I agree about the wiring. I feel it will be more school yard football with 5 WRs. BR will run around waiting and waiting...and then he will throw it. The offense has no identity. I am hoping Haley will use shorter, quicker routes

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2013, 08:16 AM
One of my favorite plays of Harrison was the slamming of the guy in Cleveland running on the field . Textbook pro wrestling move . Maybe he should think about ending his career in the ring . I think he would be good !

Could someone put that move up so i can laugh my ass off . Probably u-tube has it .

NJarhead
04-09-2013, 09:12 AM
One of my favorite plays of Harrison was the slamming of the guy in Cleveland running on the field . Textbook pro wrestling move . Maybe he should think about ending his career in the ring . I think he would be good !

Could someone put that move up so i can laugh my ass off . Probably u-tube has it .

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3xNSiRTDc

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Here ya go:

Okay Jersey Guy , as soon as i stop "bustin up " so i can type............... LOL!!!!!!! James was a steeler and made some memorable plays in his career. His interception in the Superbowl did not compare to that . James should go pro ................wrestling of course .

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go:

Okay Jersey Guy , as soon as i stop "bustin up " so i can type............... LOL!!!!!!! James was a steeler and made some memorable plays in his career. His interception in the Superbowl did not compare to that . James should go pro ................wrestling of course .

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
bye the way , thankyou for puttin that up .I'm still tryin to type right .It is hard when you're laughing inside. Me ......i will miss him !!!!!!!

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Well ........ummmmm..........i 'll bodyslam yo ass .

cold-hard-steel
04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
All right , it is out of my system now . But he did give us memories to last a lifetime . Personally i'm gonna miss him . Sure we will remember all when the " push comes to shove " .In my opinion , James was bred a "STEELER" , he can't change now . His price tag will tell the whole tale . I would not care "one little bit " if he came back home . Come on James ....what's .....sup .

HollywoodSteel
04-10-2013, 05:41 PM
still more than the original offer ...

if Harrison would have agreed to the pay cut offered we would not be on the hook for nearly 5 million in dead money to him this year ... since he turned it down if we spent vet min on a player of his tenure in the league he would be on the books for 1 million and change more than our original offer when you count the dead money on the books ....

baring an injury to a starter at OLB Harrisons ship has sailed with this Organization IMO because of the $$

All this makes perfect sense, except this isn't really the best way to look at it from the team's point of view. Yes, it would have been much better for JH (and us) if he'd accepted the Steelers offer when it was on the table, but all the Steelers have to figure out is if he's worth it now for vet min. That dead money is gone no matter what and shouldn't affect any future deal we make with anyone (other than the same cap considerations that would go along with any other FA signing). Say we could have made a deal with Dumerville, you wouldn't consider the JH dead money as part of his deal, would you? What's done is done and that money is gone. The only reason for us to consider it in terms of a future JH deal is out of spite.

zulater
04-11-2013, 05:50 AM
All this makes perfect sense, except this isn't really the best way to look at it from the team's point of view. Yes, it would have been much better for JH (and us) if he'd accepted the Steelers offer when it was on the table, but all the Steelers have to figure out is if he's worth it now for vet min. That dead money is gone no matter what and shouldn't affect any future deal we make with anyone (other than the same cap considerations that would go along with any other FA signing). Say we could have made a deal with Dumerville, you wouldn't consider the JH dead money as part of his deal, would you? What's done is done and that money is gone. The only reason for us to consider it in terms of a future JH deal is out of spite.

The only way it could happen is if Harrison and his agent approached the Steelers and offered to play for vet minimum. The Steelers would figure it insulting to offer Harrison that kind of offer. So they wont approaqch him.

Regardless I just get the sense that the minute Harrison walked away from the Steelers offer they ( the Steelers) turned the page and decided to commit to Worlidis. Unless Jason falls on his face or gets injured in pre season they're not backing away from this.

[

Psycho Ward 86
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
omg, hes meeting with the bengals: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159178/article/james-harrison-to-meet-with-cincinnati-bengals

CantStop85
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
omg, hes meeting with the bengals: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159178/article/james-harrison-to-meet-with-cincinnati-bengals
http://i.imgur.com/G6ZF9.gif

zulater
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM

Glad there's finally some interest in him. Of course I would rather it be from someone else.

Regardless it's too bad it ended how and when it did. Obviously the Steelers were right to offer him the paycut they did, as the league has clearly determined that his current value isn't even half of what he was offered in the Steelers paycut proposal.

Had James and/or his agent had a more realistic grasp about his market value he wouldn't be begging scraps from the Bengals.

Spike
04-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Bengals run a 4-3, don't they?

maybe not a good fit unless they use him as a 3rd down pass rushing DE or something

Seven
04-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Bengals run a 4-3, don't they?

maybe not a good fit unless they use him as a 3rd down pass rushing DE or something

The Bengals know what to do with pass rushers. They use Michael Johnson in a hybrid DE/LB role that I imagine Harrison would be used for similarly.

cold-hard-steel
04-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Similarity ?

Spike
04-12-2013, 08:38 AM
The Bengals know what to do with pass rushers.

fuck the Benglaz

Bengals aim to beat rivals at own game

If you talk to Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, nearly everything has gone according to plan. What exactly is that plan? The Bengals are looking to beat the Ravens and Steelers at their own game, which means building a team through the draft instead of buying one in March.

You can accuse the Bengals of being cheap. You can criticize them for not being aggressive in free agency. You just can’t knock their process, because it’s working.

The Bengals have been to the postseason in three of the past four seasons -- which is more times than Pittsburgh over that span -- and they’re doing it with homegrown players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/68153/bengals-plan-to-beat-rivals-at-their-own-game

fansince'76
04-12-2013, 08:55 AM
The Bengals have been to the postseason in three of the past four seasons -- which is more times than Pittsburgh over that span -- and they’re doing it with homegrown players.

Of course, what Ravens homer and uberdouche Hensley conveniently neglects to mention while taking yet another shot at the Steelers is that the Bengals still haven't managed to WIN a playoff game since 1990. Further, the Bengals also have a 4-12 season thrown in that mix (2010). You have to go a WAYS back to find the last Steelers team that won only 4 games in a season. Hell, half of our fanbase needs to be talked in off the ledge after finishing 9-7 and 8-8. :coffee:

The Bengals' previous two draft classes have totaled 112 starts compared to the Steelers' 38 starts (although that number is smaller because of injuries to guard David DeCastro and tackle Marcus Gilbert).

:rolleyes:

Yes, there's no way at all that those numbers speak to the quality of the existing talent that was already on the two teams' respective rosters whatsoever, or the fact that rookies tend to start much more quickly much more often on shittier teams, or anything like that.

Another great piece of "journalism" there, Hensley... :coffee:

Spike
04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Another great piece of "journalism" there, Hensley...

The Bengals are looking to beat the Ravens and Steelers at their own game, which means building a team through the draft instead of buying one in March.

so Harrison gets snubbed again?

fansince'76
04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
The Bengals are looking to beat the Ravens and Steelers at their own game, which means building a team through the draft instead of buying one in March.

so Harrison gets snubbed again?

Oh yeah, note how he also neglects the Ravens' current FA-signing spree while citing all the Bengals' "home grown talent" and how much "better" they've been drafting than the Steelers. This "article" is just an excuse for Hensley to take another shot at the Steelers, nothing more, which also pretty much describes about 95% of the claptrap he writes.

stillers4me
04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet52m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/RapSheet/status/322823111160508417)
There's high level of mutual interest between #Bengals (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Bengals&src=hash) & James Harrison. Contract talks could ramp up this weekend when 2 sides speak again

86WARD
04-13-2013, 05:28 AM
If the Bengals were smart they'd give him a minimum salary that was team friendly and allowed him to be cut during training camp with no cap penalties if his injuries act up. Give him a heavy incentive laden deal, say $100,000 per sack after sack #6 (his total from last season...I think) and a bonus for snaps played. Done.

stillers4me
04-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter10m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/AdamSchefter/status/323417794223943680)
Bengals and former Steelers LB James Harrison will try to complete a deal this week. Harrison more signable than Karlos Dansby at this time.

smokin3000gt
04-16-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't think there will be anyone happier to see this go through than Andy Dalton.

GodfatherofSoul
04-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Nothing annoys me more than ex-players "mad" at the Steelers when they turn down a contract for more than anyone else will give them.

Dwinsgames
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
latest report talks are not going well ( its all about the money ) ....

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing annoys me more than ex-players "mad" at the Steelers when they turn down a contract for more than anyone else will give them.

would not be so sure Harrison ever made that comment , when #92 has something to say he has never been bashful to just say it ....

Spike
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
James Harrison's talks with Bengals "not going well"

Pump the brakes on the lovefest between free agent James Harrison and the Cincinnati Bengals.

Harrison met with the Bengals Monday to hammer out a contract, but talks have hit a snag. "It's not going well," a source informed of the process told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Asked by Rapoport to characterize the most recent discussions, the source added, "Doesn't look real good."

Contract talks ebb and flow. Harrison's representatives are still waiting for another response from the Bengals. It no longer seems inevitable, though, that Harrison will have the chance to take out his hatred on the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013.

“He hates the Steelers now, and that’s somebody we need on our side,” defensive end Carlos Dunlap said"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2013/04/16/bengals-would-welcome-steelers-hater-james-harrison/2087501/

BlastFurnace
04-16-2013, 04:10 PM
James is always mad...now he's just mad at the Steelers.

Lloyd was mad too when he was cut and he got over it...and quite frankly, I'm more scared of a 34 year old Lloyd than Deebo.

fansince'76
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
James needs a new agent...badly. He already got him to walk away from the best offer he was going to get (from us), and now he's about to blow it with the only team out there that showed any interest in him at all after the Steelers cut him loose. It'll serve him right in his neverending quest to squeeze every last nickel of commission that he can out of a deal if no deal gets done at all.

Count Steeler
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
For Jame's sake, I hope they get a deal done. For the agent's sake, I hope he gets fired. James should have chosen better.

zulater
04-16-2013, 04:34 PM
If Harrison or his agent think they're going to get the same money they turned down from the Steelers they're just not paying attention. If they get half of what they walked away from in March they'll be lucky.

HollywoodSteel
04-16-2013, 05:23 PM
If Harrison or his agent think they're going to get the same money they turned down from the Steelers they're just not paying attention. If they get half of what they walked away from in March they'll be lucky.

I wish James and his agent had a time machine and could just go back and take the deal the Steelers offered him. The thing is, I'm convinced that he's more valuable to the Steelers than he'd be to any other team. He knows Lebeau's system inside and out (took him long enough to grasp it) and there's a chemistry there. He provides a spark and is an emotional leader on the field. You kind of have to look past the numbers a bit to really evaluate what he did for us last year. Just look at how the D did with him gone compared to how they did when he was on the field. Plus he was never 100% healthy. With this offseason to fully heal that knee he could have had an upswing. I really think he would have had one more good year in him, for us that is. It's just too bad it didn't work out.

Shoes
04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
James Harrison's talks with Bengals "not going well"

Pump the brakes on the lovefest between free agent James Harrison and the Cincinnati Bengals.

Harrison met with the Bengals Monday to hammer out a contract, but talks have hit a snag. "It's not going well," a source informed of the process told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Asked by Rapoport to characterize the most recent discussions, the source added, "Doesn't look real good."

Contract talks ebb and flow. Harrison's representatives are still waiting for another response from the Bengals. It no longer seems inevitable, though, that Harrison will have the chance to take out his hatred on the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013.

“He hates the Steelers now, and that’s somebody we need on our side,” defensive end Carlos Dunlap said"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2013/04/16/bengals-would-welcome-steelers-hater-james-harrison/2087501/

Carlos Dunlap is a moron. How could James Harrison hate the Steelers? If James has any hate, it should be directed toward his agent and himself for not taking what his team offered him. Humble pie is served after dinner.

Seven
04-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Carlos Dunlap is a moron. How could James Harrison hate the Steelers? If James has any hate, it should be directed toward his agent and himself for not taking what his team offered him. Humble pie is served after dinner.

I don't think Dunlap's quote is accurate at all. I'm sure Harrison is saying all the right things around the Bengals, but all the reports I trusted that came out when Harrison was released pretty much said there were no hard feelings and it was as mutual a move as you'll find in this league. Now all of a sudden James wants "revenge" and "hates" the Steelers. I'm sure he'll play extra hard if he ever does take the field against us, but I really doubt all the drama in these reports that say how much he loaths Pittsburgh now. It's probably more sensationalist writing than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

The day after he was cut Harrison called Steelers fans "the best in the world".

Seven
04-17-2013, 01:24 AM
James needs a new agent...badly. He already got him to walk away from the best offer he was going to get (from us), and now he's about to blow it with the only team out there that showed any interest in him at all after the Steelers cut him loose. It'll serve him right in his neverending quest to squeeze every last nickel of commission that he can out of a deal if no deal gets done at all.

Very good points. Reports now indicate talks between the two are cooling off. I bet they still come to an agreement, but Bill Parise hasn't done Harrison any favors this offseason.